CPJE February/March 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TXPharmD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the CPJE in the last few weeks? I just took mine on 2/28/2015. I know they just finished with the QA period a couple of weeks ago. Just curious if it will actually take a full 30 days to get my score or if it might be sooner?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and hope you accidentally posted a link that appears to be false. Someone would not purposely create a fake pdf and link to it just for attention would they?

Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like they are back on track for score release (~30 days)... Not sure what the Feb QA was about, but it looks like it has been lifted?... This was posted on their website on 3/2/2015:

http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/applicants/release_of_scores.pdf

Also, the link posted earlier about the Feb QA now takes me to a PDF with info about the December QA...

Last edited:
Whew! I saw the other notice of the QA date starting Feb 26th, and had a heart attack. This is better news. Does any one know if this is for real?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 12.45.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 12.45.00 PM.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 111
Edit: doesn't matter. I just got confirmation from the board today that QA has restarted. Sigh. Have to re-arrange my life.

Last edited:
oh wow, not sure why when I click the link on my computer, it takes me to the December QA notification... But when I click the same link from my phone, it takes me to the Feb QA notification... So strange!... Either way, I called the board to confirm as well... They said it is true that another QA period began on 2/26, and it will be approximately 2-3 months before we get our scores... And the long wait continues... :( If anyone hears anything new, be sure to keep us updated! :)

This is quite frustrating I chose feb 26th date to give my exam thinking that I will fall in 400 of December QA . damn hard luck now we can't even guess when this will end. We do not know when the fresh grads will come out of their college

Members don't see this ad :)
I was originally scheduled to take it on 2/17. And I pushed it back to 2/27 to give myself a little more prep time.

And when I changed the date, the QA from December was still on.

fml

Whew! I saw the other notice of the QA date starting Feb 26th, and had a heart attack. This is better news. Does any one know if this is for real?

Does the date posted on CABP website mean they graded exams up until 3/2/2015???

Does the date posted on CABP website mean they graded exams up until 3/2/2015???

The date you are looking at (3/2/2015) indicates when the notice was last updated you have to click on "release of exam results" to see what the notice says.
I actually do not believe that there is a QA going on at this time here is why:
1. Historically the QA's are always close to Dec 1st / Apr 1st / Aug 1st give or take a few days
2. The board has never been vague about when a QA has begun it has always been posted via pdf notice within a few days after it starts

When a QA does actually start as long as you sat for your exam before the start (ex. you sat July 31st and QA started Aug 1st) you will not be in the QA
Also a tip do not rely on links others post or goggling "cpje QA ...." go directly to the board web site otherwise you may be viewing a cached copy that is not accurate.
Lastly I can't explain why people on here say they have been told there is a QA currently when they call the BOP, as I said the board always posts it within a few days , unless they have suddenly changed their methods after years. I know the BOP receptionists have been known to say anything to get thru all the calls they get but I doubt they would go that far. I also don't know why the notice was updated 3/2/15 yet it is the same notice as prior to 3/2/15 ? Someone at the board temporarily posted wrong notice?
End of my thinking out loud.

If anyone took the test after february 26 please let us know when you get the results.I took mine on 03/07.it's obvious that no body knows if there is another QA these days or no.the board says there is a QA now on the phone but nothing to confirm that on the website other than the link from google!!!!

Last edited:
I also called the CABOP yesterday and spoke to several people. They all confirmed that there is a QA which started February 26. I wish it wasn't so, but it appears that there is another QA. Maybe they are trying something new...

If there were any QA after 02/26/2015 then according to new update of 03/02/2015, the QA is already over. Then we are not suppose to stuck in QA.

log in to the PSI account. look at the results section. mine says that " CA Pharmacist Jurisprudence Licensure Exam(PRE 02/26/2015) " I am assuming PRE means PRE QA. So if u took it after the 26th I think it should say POST 02/26/2015 I guess !

I can't find results section in psi website. The only thing is requesting a duplicate of score report which is supposed to be mailed,for me nothing about the results to be viewed online!!!

Last edited:
go on the website,login, go to my activities. u will fin the exam in past activities and it says
Test Name , Sponsor , Tested Date , Portion (Result), Status .

Thank you TAW1234. I had my test on 3/7 and mine says "CA pharmacist jurisprudence licensure exam" only with nothing about 2/26 (neither pre nor post)

i called the board QA is for real. anything after 02/26 , I took mine on he 23 and they told me they maild mine on the 12th

Hi everyone,
I am taking my exam friday,
What can you guys say about the CPJE? too hard for an average person? I didn't study every topic, I only covered main ones, law, top drugs.
Any tips?
Thank you all, wish you all waiting for the results hear the good news soon.

Hi everyone,
I am taking my exam friday,
What can you guys say about the CPJE? too hard for an average person? I didn't study every topic, I only covered main ones, law, top drugs.
Any tips?
Thank you all, wish you all waiting for the results hear the good news soon.

Study ALL the topics, top 300 Brand/Generic, DOSAGES & COUNSELING POINTS…. If you haven't covered every topic (at least brand/generic), reschedule. Counseling points are big as well as indications...

I wish I can, My application is expiring, and friday is my last day. I had a family emergency that kept me from preparing for this test and whether I take it on Friday or not take at all I will still need to reapply again so I said to myself maybe I can count on my knowledge working for few years as a pharmacist in NY. If I pass then I saved myself the time and money and If I don't then I guess I can test where I am standing and decide how long I need to study for it.
Studying with a toddler and a baby is much worse than what I thought. :(

I wish I can, My application is expiring, and friday is my last day. I had a family emergency that kept me from preparing for this test and whether I take it on Friday or not take at all I will still need to reapply again so I said to myself maybe I can count on my knowledge working for few years as a pharmacist in NY. If I pass then I saved myself the time and money and If I don't then I guess I can test where I am standing and decide how long I need to study for it.
Studying with a toddler and a baby is much worse than what I thought. :(

Good luck...

I am taking CPJE in April. Any exam tips/guidance will be much appreciated. Good luck to everyone writing the test!

As per my experience, I guess its better to concentrate more on drugs, brand & generic names, indication & counseling than on law part. this exam is really different to MPJE . This QA thing about results being withheld doesn't really make much of sense to me and for Non-immigrant temporary resident Aliens

It has now changed officially on the bop website that there is a delay due to QA.I think when it goes back to the normal 30 day thing this will mean that the QA is over by then.

I took on mar 2nd. Called the board multiple times. They confirmed that it won't be released soon. I'm thinking about my "plan B" now. stay home and have kids!!! What a stressful time ever in life like I'm going nowhere. Can't even apply for a job!!!

I just took mine today! Came out feeling like I failed, I missed a couple of questions that in hindsight should have been just easy ones to answer! I am so nervous, and now I find out there's a QA!? Oh the suspense!

On the other hand, i just found out later that I passed the NAPLEX (yay!)
But only with a 94 score. Is that any indication of CPJE? I heard somewhere that you should at least hit 100 in naplex to say you're ready to even tackle the CPJE? Any comments?

Took my cpje back in september. Funny thing is my CPJE score out of 99 was a higher number than my naplex score out of 150.....

Took the CPJE on 3/4. A little infuriating as I am trying to apply for a hospital position that I am interested in but have to play the waiting game to determine whether I passed or not.