CPJE Feb 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asmith5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm cramming for the CPJE at the end of this month and wanted to know if anyone was looking for a study partner? Already been licensed for 7 years but looking for a change of scenery.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all,
I'm cramming for the CPJE at the end of this month and wanted to know if anyone was looking for a study partner? Already been licensed for 7 years but looking for a change of scenery.

Hey, not sure where you’re located but I’ll be studying as well! Always can virtually motivate each other heh. Five years ish in practice and moving later this year, from IL. So far have a study guide and using pharmacy charts. Probably will use rxprep too. Any tips/resource recs? Best of luck hopefully we’ll pass and get a good clinical refresh

I’d like to join too, need as a requirement for work. Not in a rush though.PM me.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I took my cpje on 02/21, I didn't get my results yet. Any signs that can tell if you passed it?

I took my cpje on 02/21, I didn't get my results yet. Any signs that can tell if you passed it?

There's a FB group that says if you could pay for your license through the online portal it's indicative of passing, I don't know if that's true though. It is FB after all.

Last edited:
Hey, not sure where you’re located but I’ll be studying as well! Always can virtually motivate each other heh. Five years ish in practice and moving later this year, from IL. So far have a study guide and using pharmacy charts. Probably will use rxprep too. Any tips/resource recs? Best of luck hopefully we’ll pass and get a good clinical refresh
Have you started studying yet? Did you ever get RXPrep?

slowly started. i got RxPrep, so much info to cover/refresh on :shifty:
Did you buy the online or the book? What is your background? retail or hospital (2 years here)? Mine is both but mostly retail.

I have the RX PREP book, Pharmacy Charts and CPJE from EBay.

the book! Im using the same materials as well. quizlet has some good review flashcards too..dont wanna spread myself too thin so gonna try to get through rxprep first. i have some retail experience, larger managed care/pbm background..none in hospital. Working fulltime and studying is a project lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be taking CPJE in May. I would like to join study group if you are still continuing the study session. Also PM me.

Thanks!

I’d like to join too, need as a requirement for work. Not in a rush though.PM me.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Man, I have. I heard people on here say how tough the exam is, especially out of state test takers ( I have been out of school for over 10 years). How many hours are you studying? I am using RX Prep and Pharmacy Charts.

I question whether to use only RX Prep for it. I used it for the Alabama law and it didn't do me any good ( I passed but not beneficial). I study differently for the Texas, Illinois, and Louisiana law and did better. Law is tough but California law is "special" by being all clinical. What is your background, may I ask?

Hi guys, I might be a bit late. I'm a clinical pharmacist in IL/WI and I'm looking to take the CPJE in the near future. What materials do you guys suggest are most beneficial? Any clinical questions you may have maybe I can help you out. Also, how long did it take to get authorization to test?

Hi there,

The exam preparation depends on when exactly you are planning to take CPJE exam knowing you have clinical background. For registration, it takes good 45 days or even longer for out of state. For me, it took 45 days to get application to authorized via mail then I was able to register for the exam. I would recommend RxPrep.
Hope that helps!

Hi guys, I might be a bit late. I'm a clinical pharmacist in IL/WI and I'm looking to take the CPJE in the near future. What materials do you guys suggest are most beneficial? Any clinical questions you may have maybe I can help you out. Also, how long did it take to get authorization to test?

Do you work as clinical pharmacist?

Man, I have. I heard people on here say how tough the exam is, especially out of state test takers ( I have been out of school for over 10 years). How many hours are you studying? I am using RX Prep and Pharmacy Charts.

I question whether to use only RX Prep for it. I used it for the Alabama law and it didn't do me any good ( I passed but not beneficial). I study differently for the Texas, Illinois, and Louisiana law and did better. Law is tough but California law is "special" by being all clinical. What is your background, may I ask?

Do you work as clinical pharmacist?

Thanks for the info. Yes, currently I work as a clinical pharmacist. I'm not in a rush to take it. I just want to give myself time to buy the correct material and slowly start making notes. Working full time makes it more challenging so as long as I get things organized ahead of time, I'm hoping I can pass this thing the first time. However, I feel like these exams can be based upon luck too.

Hello guys, I am currently a Pharmacist in NJ and I'm planning on taking the exam in June. I just bought the 2019 RxPrep for Naplex. Any other suggestion will be helpful. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah!! Will find out how the exam is going to be..:nailbiting:

it’s good to be organized and have notes handy for refresher :)

Thanks for the info. Yes, currently I work as a clinical pharmacist. I'm not in a rush to take it. I just want to give myself time to buy the correct material and slowly start making notes. Working full time makes it more challenging so as long as I get things organized ahead of time, I'm hoping I can pass this thing the first time. However, I feel like these exams can be based upon luck too.

Hello guys, I am currently a Pharmacist in NJ and I'm planning on taking the exam in June. I just bought the 2019 RxPrep for Naplex. Any other suggestion will be helpful. Thank you.
Hey all, just graduated in May 2019 and working at a hospital. I am planning to get licensed in CA. I haven't even sent everything in yet (still waiting on license verification forms, self-query etc) but wanted to start getting a feel for studying.

I see that some of you know your test dates; any word on whether the virus is affecting this or are they still scheduling as normal?

Also wondering if you know how often they remake the test? Think a 2019 NAPLEX prep book would be up to date enough?

I scheduled my test before the coronavirus restrictions. So far I have not received an email about my test date been cancelled or postponed.

I scheduled my test before the coronavirus restrictions. So far I have not received an email about my test date been cancelled or postponed.
I used Pearson and they canceled mine twice.

How is everybody studying? Ready for the exam?

Hi all,
Yeahhhh I'd like to join the study group as well!

yay for new study buddies lol. @Miss_B84 couldnt agree more feel like luck, exposure, experience in practice a factor for sure. ive heard ppl use so many dif resources for this exam such as pnn, rxprep, siglers, pharmacy secrets, and charts. signed up for may, hope ill feel ready by then. @Nomad PSI said they will call you if your test date gets cancelled.

Has anybody started studying in group! I’m still looking for study partner. May month is around the corner

I would also like to join the study group. I do recall when I took my NAPLEX (many years ago), I took a free practice CPJE exam online and I thought the questions weren't so bad after studying my RXPrep book for months on end. Regret not taking it when all of that clinical knowledge was fresh in my head.

How did the test go for you guys? I’ve been licensed for five years in another state also. Hoping the board grants me the ATT to test in August.

I took it on the 18th. I felt horrible after it. (I still do). Hopefully your experience was better than mine! I'm an out of state grad and I hear the pass rates are much lower for out of state test takers. :(

i didnt know the RXprep cpje online course had an exam that included both law and clinical. i thought it was all clinical. I only had the law book. I'm probably going to get it this time around. Did you use it?

so close! you'll pass next time! how'd you score on the rxprep cpje exam?