CPJE Exam scores not released until August!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brasilia01

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why is California so screwed up? Now the California BOP is doing an exam review as of April 1st and will not release any CPJE scores until August! Do these people live in the real world?? I have student loans to pay off and can't go without work. I can't believe that it takes over 6 months to get licensed in this state. This is so ridiculous!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi ,Now board is releasing cpje scores.so how long they will release cpje scores.can we take the test before they stop releasing scores to get result fast.Anybody Please let me know.

You should try to take your CPJE by end of July, because the Board will most likely start another QA starting August 1st (based on historic data). If you take it now, you should get your result w/in 2-3 wks. When r u planning to take CPJE?

Members don't see this ad :)
great information here everyone, much thanks!

I'm still trying to understand this QA business; if I'm planning to take the exam in late September/early October, would a August 1st QA affect the time I would receive my results?

Can someone give an example of IV diluent/compatibility question? How am i suppose to study for that?

great information here everyone, much thanks!

I'm still trying to understand this QA business; if I'm planning to take the exam in late September/early October, would a August 1st QA affect the time I would receive my results?

I was told last year there was a QA in August and then again in December. So if you take it in Sept/Oct then you are OK but don't wait until December! Not many people take it during that time period and you may have to wait for a while before you get your results.

Can someone give an example of IV diluent/compatibility question? How am i suppose to study for that?

There are some important IV drugs that you should know can only be mixed w/ D5W or NS. For example, the ones that are only compatible w/ D5W: Levophed, Synercid, Bactrim, amiodarone, amphoB, Na-nitroprusside

I did not study beyond what was explained in the RxPrep in terms of IV diluent/compatibility and I think I was fine. But there was one question on compatibility in the CPJE handbook if you are interested...question #23.

There are some important IV drugs that you should know can only be mixed w/ D5W or NS. For example, the ones that are only compatible w/ D5W: Levophed, Synercid, Bactrim, amiodarone, amphoB, Na-nitroprusside

I did not study beyond what was explained in the RxPrep in terms of IV diluent/compatibility and I think I was fine. But there was one question on compatibility in the CPJE handbook if you are interested...question #23.

took CPJE today. absolutely had no iv compat./diluent questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know a good website to study IV compatibility for the CPJE? I spent a lot of time online finding a references but no luck so far. Thanks

how'd it go? easy? hard? fair test?

I felt it was a little easier than the NAPLEX b/c the questions were shorter and right to the point. I had 2-3 simple calculations and NO fill-in-the-blanks or 'choose all that apply' type of questions. That made a huge difference for me! The pt profiles usually only give you the right amount of info you need to answer the questions, no more or less. There were also 10-15 law questions.
I had a little less than two weeks after my NAPLEX to study for the CJPE, so I went over the RxPrep briefly one more time, read Weissman and did the practice questions in the back.

I felt it was a little easier than the NAPLEX b/c the questions were shorter and right to the point. I had 2-3 simple calculations and NO fill-in-the-blanks or 'choose all that apply' type of questions. That made a huge difference for me! The pt profiles usually only give you the right amount of info you need to answer the questions, no more or less. There were also 10-15 law questions.
I had a little less than two weeks after my NAPLEX to study for the CJPE, so I went over the RxPrep briefly one more time, read Weissman and did the practice questions in the back.

Hey Anna,
do you know anything about the new QA?? Would it be possible that they wont do it this years. I just checked their web site, still nothing there.

Hope you will pass!!

how was it pharmwhat. can u give us your freedback?

I don't want to jinx myself but it was much easier than the NAPLEX. For my version of the test, I got about 10-15 law questions. Around 8-12 of the questions came directly from reading Chapter 15 of the Weissman book and by doing his 150 questions exam.

As for the exam, for the most part, I was able to quickly narrow down the choices to 2 answers. I had only 2-3 calculation questions and they were relatively easy (things you would do in a retail pharmacy, ex: calculating how many mLs needed to dispense of an antibiotic). Another one was calculating CrCl.

***Don't forget to multiply 0.85 for a female patient*** I almost forgot doing this.

The topics I got hit every major disease state. However, particularly for me, I got a lot of opthal questions. As stated on many threads, you must KNOW:

1) BRAND/Generic
2) IV compatib. (i didn't get any questions of these types)
3) General counseling points
4) C2,C3,C4,C5 drugs
5) Doses and intervals (and what to do when patient has renal/hepatic problems)
6) Meds (specifically antibiotics) that needs to be refrigerated (ex.Augmentin) and how long they're good for
7) Meds that DOESN'T need to be refrigerated (ex. Azithro susp, Biaxin, Cleocin, Vfend) and how long they're good for
8) Meds that you need to take with food (ex. Augmentin, Ceftin)
9) Meds that you take on empty stomach (ex. Cefdax)

Sources that I used for the CPJE:
1) My OWN Top 314 drug list that had everything you needed to know about the drug; I would print it out and cut them into 3x5 cards and had one of those football wristbands that quarterbacks wear and wore it everywhere I went. I got a lot of weird looks on the bus/train.:)
2) Pharmacist Letters, specifically their handy dandy charts (this is a MUST have)
3) Weissman's Book (if you're short on time, know Chapter 15 and the sample test questions in it, they're great practice)

Time between my Naplex/CPJE: 1 week

Anyways, I hope this helps. :)

Results showed up today. Postmarked 8/4, took it on 7/30.

Passed with studying the questions they give in the study packet and looked up the law changes online, no Weissman or RxPrep, but I'm a practicing pharmacist.

Wow, that's impressive since I thought you still need to review clinical eventhough you are already practicing.

Results showed up today. Postmarked 8/4, took it on 7/30.

Passed with studying the questions they give in the study packet and looked up the law changes online, no Weissman or RxPrep, but I'm a practicing pharmacist.

a lot of it is judgement calls that I think are easier once you've been working, compared to being a student.

But I've only worked hospital, if that makes any difference. I had some practice questions that were about tablet colors and I would have zero clue about those.

People who stuck in april 1th QA got their result in a little more than 2 months. Am I correct??

People who stuck in april 1th QA got their result in a little more than 2 months. Am I correct??

3, but that's primarily because they waited for 400 results before release. Given that no-one in CA graduates before May, then add 3 weeks at least for ATTs and new grads couldn't hope to register until almost mid June. Until then, it's primarily foreign grads, retakes, and move-ins. Once people graduate you've got 170+ from USC 140ish from UCSF, 80 from LLU, Mid-upper hundreds from western, 80-something from UCSD and I forget how many from UOP. I think Touro is in the mix as well. 400 is easy with all those. Not sure how it would work for an August QA. Most of my class seems to have already gotten scores or at least taken the thing. Who knows about other schools.

3, but that's primarily because they waited for 400 results before release. Given that no-one in CA graduates before May, then add 3 weeks at least for ATTs and new grads couldn't hope to register until almost mid June. Until then, it's primarily foreign grads, retakes, and move-ins. Once people graduate you've got 170+ from USC 140ish from UCSF, 80 from LLU, Mid-upper hundreds from western, 80-something from UCSD and I forget how many from UOP. I think Touro is in the mix as well. 400 is easy with all those. Not sure how it would work for an August QA. Most of my class seems to have already gotten scores or at least taken the thing. Who knows about other schools.

Thanks for the response Farmercyst! I checked last years postings, people who stuck in August QA, got their result in sometime October. I hope that the board reaches 400 quota asap..

UCSF graduates its class at the end of March. Students technically can take all of their boards by first or 2nd week of April. Some choose to do so, some choose to go on vacations and take their boards in May/June. Personally for my class, most of my classmates were all done by 2nd week of June with all their boards.

Thanks for the response Farmercyst! I checked last years postings, people who stuck in August QA, got their result in sometime October. I hope that the board reaches 400 quota asap..

You don't have to wait that long. This recent April QA ended in first week of July; 2010 April QA ended in late June. August QA should end around mid-Oct at the latest. They always exaggerate the date just in case. I know Touro/Western students got their ATTs late this year, so hopefully they can help you guys reach your quotas faster.

I don't want to jinx myself but it was much easier than the NAPLEX. For my version of the test, I got about 10-15 law questions. Around 8-12 of the questions came directly from reading Chapter 15 of the Weissman book and by doing his 150 questions exam.

As for the exam, for the most part, I was able to quickly narrow down the choices to 2 answers. I had only 2-3 calculation questions and they were relatively easy (things you would do in a retail pharmacy, ex: calculating how many mLs needed to dispense of an antibiotic). Another one was calculating CrCl.

***Don't forget to multiply 0.85 for a female patient*** I almost forgot doing this.

The topics I got hit every major disease state. However, particularly for me, I got a lot of opthal questions. As stated on many threads, you must KNOW:

1) BRAND/Generic
2) IV compatib. (i didn't get any questions of these types)
3) General counseling points
4) C2,C3,C4,C5 drugs
5) Doses and intervals (and what to do when patient has renal/hepatic problems)
6) Meds (specifically antibiotics) that needs to be refrigerated (ex.Augmentin) and how long they're good for
7) Meds that DOESN'T need to be refrigerated (ex. Azithro susp, Biaxin, Cleocin, Vfend) and how long they're good for
8) Meds that you need to take with food (ex. Augmentin, Ceftin)
9) Meds that you take on empty stomach (ex. Cefdax)

Sources that I used for the CPJE:
1) My OWN Top 314 drug list that had everything you needed to know about the drug; I would print it out and cut them into 3x5 cards and had one of those football wristbands that quarterbacks wear and wore it everywhere I went. I got a lot of weird looks on the bus/train.:)
2) Pharmacist Letters, specifically their handy dandy charts (this is a MUST have)
3) Weissman's Book (if you're short on time, know Chapter 15 and the sample test questions in it, they're great practice)

Time between my Naplex/CPJE: 1 week

Anyways, I hope this helps. :)

can you please share your 314 drug list so i can memorize it. thank you

UCSF graduates its class at the end of March. Students technically can take all of their boards by first or 2nd week of April. Some choose to do so, some choose to go on vacations and take their boards in May/June. Personally for my class, most of my classmates were all done by 2nd week of June with all their boards.

Good info to know. I didn't realize SF got out so early.

i am planning to take cpje sometime september, i haven't scheduled it yet..if im going to get my score way later in nov/dec, what's the point of taking it early...i rather study more and be prepared..(although i know i will never be prepared >_<)

I thought I would postpone my cjpe too, but I ended up taking it this week. I was going to delay it since the scores won't be release for awhile but what's the point of torturing yourself for another month. I delayed my test a month already since I was going to take it in July and it didn't help. I didn't study anything in this last month that was in CPJE. It was all school knowledge or things I picked up during rotations. Besides that I figured if I fail the test, you get to retake it 3 months from when you took the test, so if scores come out Nov, I can quickly retake the exam and the results will be out in a week since QA passed already. So you should take it sooner than later. I don't think RXprep will help you much for this round of the CPJE. People who took it before the QA said RXprep was a little help but I can honestly say, it was minimal. I really felt there was no way to really study for it because the topics they hit upon were just wierd, not counting the basic crap that even Naplex tests on. So just take it ASAP and then retake if necessary..haha...

I thought I would postpone my cjpe too, but I ended up taking it this week. I was going to delay it since the scores won't be release for awhile but what's the point of torturing yourself for another month. I delayed my test a month already since I was going to take it in July and it didn't help. I didn't study anything in this last month that was in CPJE. It was all school knowledge or things I picked up during rotations. Besides that I figured if I fail the test, you get to retake it 3 months from when you took the test, so if scores come out Nov, I can quickly retake the exam and the results will be out in a week since QA passed already. So you should take it sooner than later. I don't think RXprep will help you much for this round of the CPJE. People who took it before the QA said RXprep was a little help but I can honestly say, it was minimal. I really felt there was no way to really study for it because the topics they hit upon were just wierd, not counting the basic crap that even Naplex tests on. So just take it ASAP and then retake if necessary..haha...

I am taking CPJE tomorrow. I am kinda scarred, I feel like I waited too long to take it. I postponed it once, too. Now there is this QA but I thought i have to end this torture because I am pretty much sick and tired of studying.

I am confused about the questions types.. It is clinical but how clinical is that?? What do you mean by weird topics?

Did you know there might be another QA in December??

Good luck!

Can you post your experience once you do the test - what sort of things we should study,

thanks!

I am taking CPJE tomorrow. I am kinda scarred, I feel like I waited too long to take it. I postponed it once, too. Now there is this QA but I thought i have to end this torture because I am pretty much sick and tired of studying.

I am confused about the questions types.. It is clinical but how clinical is that?? What do you mean by weird topics?

Did you know there might be another QA in December??

hi can u please share your experience on how cpje was? any questions u remember? im studying rxprep and weissman and took the passnaplex now course...i passed naplex but worried about cpje thanks

Just had my cpje today. Got about 5 calculations but simple and they weren't complicated like those on Naplex. About <10 law questions, majority was side effects, brand/generic, dosage on diabetes, antibiotic, HIV, nausea/vomiting, antipsychotic...No ques on compatibility.

hi can u please share your experience on how cpje was? any questions u remember? im studying rxprep and weissman and took the passnaplex now course...i passed naplex but worried about cpje thanks

You know that the penalty this year for revealing questions to someone is a 3 year ban right? Can't be a tech or intern, you are banned.

Another reason not to share would be that the CPJE is curved. They will lower or increase the curve for each test depending on how people score, that's why they do the QA. So they are not idiots, they went to QA and changed the test because by the end people start to do better because no matter what people do tell their friends what's on the test. There are multiple versions of the test each QA session too, is what I gather from previous posts.

The only hint I feel is legit and correct is that you can't study for a lot of the questions. They were not in RXPrep or any prep book, either you saw it in rotations or you read a lot of random pharmacy facts, so just relax and retake..haha.. that's my plan if I happen to fail. :D

I agree with a previous post. Better take it before September... even it I failed, I can retake it without stuck in the December QA :scared:

I'm taking it tomorrow... nervous... but i'm glad to get this nightmare endless study over with... I can't absorb anything anymore :)

Took the CPJE... It wasn't as bad as naplex. Questions are straight forward.

I'm so glad the whole thing is over~~ no more studying!!!

hi, everyone..
i took CPJE in the first week of Auguest and i get the result today..
i pass CPJE!!!.. :)
by the way, i am wondering if i need to mail application of pharmacist license along with my intern license...

hi, everyone..
by the way, i am wondering if i need to mail application of pharmacist license along with my intern license...

Congrats!! Did you get a green letter along with the white letter?? One of them should say that you have to fill it out and send your intern license back.

hi, everyone..

Got my score as well. 77 (need 75 to pass):oops: Took mine 8/5/11

The front letter says you should mail your intern license in with the "request for issuance of pharmacist license"

Hi everyone, I got my results as well. I sent back my original intern license to the board along with the green form, and a check as well. So happy this whole process is over...

congrats to ALL who passed. Farmercyst, you're kind of cutting it too close there, eh? It doesn't matter, you passed!

So if you PASS, you get a GREEN letter? If no green letter, you didn't pass?

I received my results today as well. I passed! For those who received their results today, did yours say that the board is waiting for the results of the background check from the Department of Justice?

I received my results today as well. I passed! For those who received their results today, did yours say that the board is waiting for the results of the background check from the Department of Justice?

No, but mine was done through a one day school focussed effort. Did passport photos, livescan, app completion etc, all in one sitting.