CPJE 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hellokitten

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone taking CPJE later than March 2nd?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys planning on taking Cpje later this summer, what material you recommend using? Any help would be appreciated

I recommend RxPrep both CPJE plus Naplex book - it’s more detail oriented than Naplex so you need to know more for clinical section.

Hey guys planning on taking Cpje later this summer, what material you recommend using? Any help would be appreciated
i used pharmacy charts for a few weeks. passed with 80+.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used pharmacy charts and failed :( the answers to questions I got wasn’t there...
really? i was thinking of getting pharmacy charts 2019 to study for my re-take. not even sure if it's worth it anymore. or if i should just keep reading the stupid thick RXprep book over and over

Members don't see this ad :)
really? i was thinking of getting pharmacy charts 2019 to study for my re-take. not even sure if it's worth it anymore. or if i should just keep reading the stupid thick RXprep book over and over
I wouldn’t buy it. It doesn’t have enough details to pass. I know that people really recommend it so I used it too. Maybe I’m unlucky but my tests were much more detail oriented. Only RxPrep and PNN are detailed enough.
The problem with CPJE is that everything is a fair game and each exam is completely different... Naplex was so much easier.

Reactions: 3 users
Planning on taking the CPJE around April 18th. Does anyone have any details about predates or batches for April? I want to be licensed ASAP but if I'm going to have to wait because I took one at the beginning of the batch then I might as well keep studying.

Planning on taking the CPJE around April 18th. Does anyone have any details about predates or batches for April? I want to be licensed ASAP but if I'm going to have to wait because I took one at the beginning of the batch then I might as well keep studying.
This batch just started this week. I wouldn't know when exactly is the end of the this batch but I'll give it 5 weeks/early May. The results probably will be released in the second half of May.

I was in the last batch and the predate is 3/27 and I got my results on 3/25. I believe the last date for testing was 3/2 prior.

I wouldn’t buy it. It doesn’t have enough details to pass. I know that people really recommend it so I used it too. Maybe I’m unlucky but my tests were much more detail oriented. Only RxPrep and PNN are detailed enough.
The problem with CPJE is that everything is a fair game and each exam is completely different... Naplex was so much easier.

I agree with CardioLu

Previous Post: February 2018 CPJE Experience

I scored just a few points below passing but I stand by alot of what I wrote back then. But here are the things I changed for my third attempt which I passed:

Materials: PNN lectures/book and RxPrep CPJE set
  • In general I paid much more attention to things such as: dosing, IV compatiblities, fridge, etc.
  • If you can get PNN, it's worth it. Especially if you're working full time. The lectures are amazing and highlights things I would have otherwise skimmed over if I was just reading. (This time I only used PNN due to time constraints but if I had time I would have skimmed RxPrep alongside it. I just really like the way RxPrep organizes their information).
  • I knew my strengths and limitations. Example: I am REALLY BAD at memorizing numbers but I have a fairly decent visual memory. So instead of making index cards the pharmacy traditional way (Brand vs Generic/info) I made one side the way a prescription might look: Brand, Dose, Frequency and the other side contained Generic, Class, and what I thought was relevant information. I played off of familiarity much like how you memorize medications by seeing them over and over again at work. Understand how you memorize best and work off that.
  • I made my own notes. It doesn't matter how but make it your own. I used my index cards as my primary notes and wrote them myself instead of using ones already up on quizlet. I also drew up and wrote my own charts instead of reading off premade ones. Yes its more time consuming but worth it.
The test was still as random and obscure as it was back then. For what it's worth I walked out feeling better then the second time but still mentally figuring out how I was going to study for my fourth attempt lol

Good luck!

I know I'm going to sound like an amateur, but to register for the CPJE, I have to complete the "PHARMACIST EXAMINATION FOR LICENSURE APPLICATION" pdf with my photo, self-query, live scan, etc.? I just got my ATT for NAPLEX through NABP and registered for the end of July. Just want to make sure I'm not missing a step to register for CPJE.

I know I'm going to sound like an amateur, but to register for the CPJE, I have to complete the "PHARMACIST EXAMINATION FOR LICENSURE APPLICATION" pdf with my photo, self-query, live scan, etc.? I just got my ATT for NAPLEX through NABP and registered for the end of July. Just want to make sure I'm not missing a step to register for CPJE.

The CPJE is through PSI, you can signup on their website. It’ll ask for some CABOP number and when it does, try your SS# or call PSI and ask for it.

On PSI they give you the option to send a duplicate score report- has anyone done this? Is it the same score the BOP has? It said it would be sent to the address I entered within 7 days... hoping this is a work around for having to wait for the batch release

On PSI they give you the option to send a duplicate score report- has anyone done this? Is it the same score the BOP has? It said it would be sent to the address I entered within 7 days... hoping this is a work around for having to wait for the batch release
I just requested one, let's see whether it works or not:)
The waiting for the score from CABOP is ridiculous

Did you get the score, from BOP or PSI?

Have not received anything yet- will post with info as soon as anything comes in- my guess is that it would be from PSI which makes me unsure about whether it would be the scaled scores the BOP releases or the raw score?

The CPJE is through PSI, you can signup on their website. It’ll ask for some CABOP number and when it does, try your SS# or call PSI and ask for it.

I signed up on PSI, but it shows that I don't have any activities. Should I just wait for CABOP to mail me the packet or is there a way to check if I've been approved to take the exam? CABOP cashed my check last week.

I signed up on PSI, but it shows that I don't have any activities. Should I just wait for CABOP to mail me the packet or is there a way to check if I've been approved to take the exam? CABOP cashed my check last week.
Have to wait still you receive the approval. the only way.