All Branch Topic (ABT) COVID and Promotion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bornforcutting

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:hattip:How is this crisis going affect next few Active Duty promotion especially to 05/06?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in zone too, sucks. They should take pity and promote us all.

Really sucks being guard or reserve trying to figure out how to get points when they keep cancelling everything. Hard to get a good year with no battle assembly, no BOLC, no ECT, etc......

Really sucks being guard or reserve trying to figure out how to get points when they keep cancelling everything. Hard to get a good year with no battle assembly, no BOLC, no ECT, etc......
Getting enough points is the LAST problem in the Guard right now where I'm at. Nothing cancelled and lots of folks getting activated and sent on domestic missions.

Getting enough points is the LAST problem in the Guard right now where I'm at. Nothing cancelled and lots of folks getting activated and sent on domestic missions.

May I ask what type of folks are getting activated and where from? Are they taking doctors and medical staff? If so, how are they being chosen for activation especially if it leaves say their hospital short staffed during this crisis?

Just to clarify, I understand this is all part of the madness, but I'm just hoping.. hoping there's a method behind it. Making the call during a national health emergency on whom to call up and leave possible critical spots short-staffed to put them in another critical spot is a very very difficult decision any which way.

Not for me and several others. All drills for March and April cancelled. Many course cancelled. Many summer camps aka ECT cancelled.

So unless we get mob'd going to be tough to get the required points for a good year.

May I ask what type of folks are getting activated and where from? Are they taking doctors and medical staff? If so, how are they being chosen for activation especially if it leaves say their hospital short staffed during this crisis?
It’s most definitely varied by different states (see TheEarDoc for a very different approach).

Out my way, we are still drilling and no changes in duty other than the fact that lots of folks are mobilized. Training is moving away from face-to-face to accommodate COVID.

When they reached out to docs/medical staff, they looked for folks who do not work for hospitals. Folks who were retired, in non-COVID research areas, or environments where docs were standing down were tagged for potential activation. Those of us in hospital gigs or other environments like it are not being spun up.

Yet. Obviously it can all change. But they’re currently looking at the fact that pulling docs from areas where they are already critical to delivering healthcare to the state for the sake of military service to the state does not make a lot of sense.

Reactions: 2 users
Yet. Obviously it can all change. But they’re currently looking at the fact that pulling docs from areas where they are already critical to delivering healthcare to the state for the sake of military service to the state does not make a lot of sense.

Good, I was slightly fearful they were just activating docs just because they had MD/DO behind their names.