course notes urgent plea

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poddocparent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am approaching the membership with what I hope is a request for help that someone from OCPM can address quickly. At ocpm I am close to a third year student who is treated like "one of my family". At present they are in need of the course notes (pdf files) for third year courses (those from now to end of the semester). At present there is some issue relating to being unable to access these notes (download the files for home printing). Since getting to kinkos presents a significant problem at this time, I was wondering if someone would be willing to send these files to me ([email protected]) so I can relay them to her. I have no other interest but to help her out of this bad situation. Please help us out with this (the IT dept is closed right now and irs crucial she gets these asap (tonight or tomorrow is fine). The relay is to protect her privacy(thank you for understanding that aspect...she's quite dear to me

Thank you ever so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,
I am approaching the membership with what I hope is a request for help that someone from OCPM can address quickly. At ocpm I am close to a third year student who is treated like "one of my family". At present they are in need of the course notes (pdf files) for third year courses (those from now to end of the semester). At present there is some issue relating to being unable to access these notes (download the files for home printing). Since getting to kinkos presents a significant problem at this time, I was wondering if someone would be willing to send these files to me ([email protected]) so I can relay them to her. I have no other interest but to help her out of this bad situation. Please help us out with this (the IT dept is closed right now and irs crucial she gets these asap (tonight or tomorrow is fine). The relay is to protect her privacy(thank you for understanding that aspect...she's quite dear to me

Thank you ever so much!

The only class we cannot download notes for is public health. The only way you can get those notes is in printed format. The professor did not want his lecture available in a power point or pdf format. All of our other lectures are available for download off our school website in pdf format. She should be able to provide you her login and password to access the notes. You stated there was a problem...but I just went on the website and was able to open a trauma lecture, so I'm not really sure what you mean.

Thank you for replying. The problem seems to be with her login name or password (most likely) and its happened various times before. The IT dept has to act on it but this has usually happened over weekends. Would you be willing to send me the pdfs so I could send them to her other email which works)..at least she cou to her study plans until she can contact It during the week. Thank you for helping!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't go to OCPM, but I don't think this is a good idea. This person that you care about needs to be a big girl and take care of this on her own. I would be very hesitant as a student to be doing stuff with copyrighted material. We have honor codes for a reason.

all of our notes are available online for download in a pdf file, EXCEPT that one class. I sent only the notes for the lectures we had the last 2 weeks...the same stuff she could've gotten herself (not that one class tho). In addition, many of our professors/guest lecturers actually give us their power points b/c our notes are so different or we can't see pictures very well. I would venture to say most profs here don't seem to care much that their lectures are out and about. I actually had one professor tell me he saw one of his lectures in Australia somewhere!

I'm with airbud on this one. The student is in their 3rd year and should have made friends with at least one person in their class by now. Why doesnt this student just call up a friend from class and get them. This seems fishy. I would not email these files to some random person on a forum with only a few posts. Just my opinion.

I see where you are coming from and agree with what you are saying. I don't know who this person is and agree they should have someone in my class to ask, besides this forum. In addition, the OP said they are having probs with IT. That should not continually be a problem, I mean they should work out the kinks after 1 or 2 screw-ups. But, perhaps there are extenuating circumstances in which they cannot contact a friend or something. I unfortunately try to see the good in people and am fairly gullible when it comes to these situations. I am not too concerned in this circumstance, especially when the school knowingly provides the notes in this format and I did not do it maliciously.

The comment you make about you seeing the good in people. It is good to do this. You also have to use common sense and a keen mind to discern between right and wrong. I just don't see how someone could not contact a classmate. We have had many IT glitches and there is always someone to get files from. I just can't understand the situation, that's all. You would get more responses from sending an email to the class asking for help than an online forum where only a few few students, if that, would read this thread and respond. It is just very ineffective. Longstetch, you are not wrong for doing this...I am just confused with how this student is going about it.

The comment you make about you seeing the good in people. It is good to do this. You also have to use common sense and a keen mind to discern between right and wrong. I just don't see how someone could not contact a classmate. We have had many IT glitches and there is always someone to get files from. I just can't understand the situation, that's all. You would get more responses from sending an email to the class asking for help than an online forum where only a few few students, if that, would read this thread and respond. It is just very ineffective. Longstetch, you are not wrong for doing this...I am just confused with how this student is going about it.

Be careful. It could a competitor trying to expose something not quite right in a lecture or a plantiff attorney/expert trying to take someone down. I hate to be cynical but as an expert witness, I have seen lectures given by the defendant or their expert be manipulated against them.

If legit I hope things worked out for the student and they have a plan for the future better than depending on the internet to find help from strangers.

Someone came forward and helped resolve this situation. There was no malicious intent, no unethical aganda at all. I was trying to help resolve a difficult situation with (as someone said) extenuating circumstances. IT departments anywhere can take time to act and sometimes it isn't necessarily so easy to "just call someone"..... Certain concerns raised by members are well taken, but this was not a request based on anything other than my desire to help someone I care about. The access problem will be resolved in due course and a better back up plan put in place. I assure you this was a legitimate effort to help and nothing more