Couples matching and interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lovebands

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else couples matching and having trouble trying to figure out what to do about scheduling interviews? My significant other and I have started to get a few interviews, but none for the same city or institution yet. We are hoping to interview at places together to save on hotel costs, gas, etc. Do we just go ahead and schedule our respective interviews and hope that the others' program will have dates that match?

What are you guys doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Oh yeah, tell me about it. He's applying to FP, and has gotten like, 25 interview invites (yeah, he had to apply to a huge number because of me), and I'm applying to radiology and have 2 and a few prelim/TYs. I've been telling him to schedule everything he wants to, because if I don't end up getting interviews in the same places, he can either cancel his interview or not rank programs in those areas.

There was one program that was very considerate of our situation and made a call to the radiology department to get them to interview me at the same time. So far, we've been able to set up all our current interviews together.

Depending on how fast the spots at the places you've gotten interviews at fill up, you should schedule them soon. Try to aim for December or January, so that leaves you plenty of time to plan others as they come in. I plan on calling programs towards the middle of November if I haven't heard from them and pleading my case. This is going to be a hectic few months ahead of us!