Countdown to the 15th!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerbernator

Retired
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Eeeeek Feckkking Gads!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I only get nervous when I read other's posts, like I said before, I have already started studying, I think on Tuesday morning I'll have my stuff ready and most likely will be heading to the library right after checking my score. I think what we're afraid of isn't the score itself, the fear is the fear of studying for a couple of more months, is that really that horrible? I was reading a book about the NAVY Seals the other day and the training they go through, you guys think taking the MCAT, med school, residency, etc. is hard? Think again, what we will be going through is like a walk in the park compared to what these guys have to go through (both mentally and physically), so just chill, you're all making this a bigger deal than it is.

Members don't see this ad :)
OrthoFixation said:
It's about time. Enough already!

Does anyone else feel worse and worse about checking as time goes by? I have NO concept of how I might have done. I felt okay after the test, but since I really don't have an idea of my range, I am thinking lower and lower as time goes on... 28... 27... 26... 21...
EEEEEEEEK!!!!

:oops: :confused: :(

I'm banking on tomorrow night. All of my final exams are tomorrow ... I could use some good news after they are done!

UCLAstudent said:
I'm banking on tomorrow night. All of my final exams are tomorrow ... I could use some good news after they are done!

That's the spirit, UCLA! Keep thinking positively and GOOD LUCK ON THOSE EXAMS!! :thumbup: :) :thumbup:

It had BETTER be tomorrow night, because I don't feel like checking them in the morning when I'm trying to get ready for work.

I've decided I'll buy an Ibanez tube screamer pedal for my electric guitar after I get my scores...either as a self-congratulatory reward or a consolation prize. We'll see which it is!

DSM said:
Here I am, relaxing, reading the Sunday paper when my eyes fall upon the article of a local boy who wins FULL scholarship to our State Medical School for having the highest MCAT score. A myriad of emotions skipped through my mind, Jealousy, Envy, If he can do it I can do it, Who am I kidding......
*and they did not even post his score.....what kind of journalism is that :mad: *

WOW. I'd like to shake his hand. :thumbup:

But what about keeping people out of medical schools based solely on MCAT scores? :eek: If only they just didn't matter. Life would be good! (And, we'd all get into our top choice by October, hehe, one can dream :luck: )

Pinkertinkle said:
Letting people into med school based solely on MCAT score is probably a bad idea.

That's what it all comes down to these days... MCAT scores.

Yeah, that's probably a bad idea too. MCAT should be seen for what it is, a test of some science and some test taking skills, and not a predictor of good or bad doctor.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got this quote from my daily spiritual email:

"Wisdom and power follow endurance and patience."

Hmm....possible a good sign? power=good mcat score?

This waiting has really done a number on me. Good luck everyone when the news comes down sometime in the next <36 hours (gulp)!

Treg

What oh what will I stress over when the anxiety of waiting for my scores is gone? Besides worrying about August, that is...

1:03AM Monday morning, Official words from AAMC MCAT Program Office in Iowa City, Iowa......"The April 2004 scores will be available in mid June"..... :scared: :mad: damn you AAMC MCAT CORN HUSKERS..... GIVE US OUR SCORES!!!

I haven't used my login or password since I registered for the MCAT. So, I don't remember my password and login. Is there any way to find these out.

Perrin said:
I haven't used my login or password since I registered for the MCAT. So, I don't remember my password and login. Is there any way to find these out.
i *think* you have to register for THx separately to get your score :luck:

CH3CH2OH said:
i *think* you have to register for THx separately to get your score :luck:

The username and password are the same as for AMCAS (though maybe more stressful to use?)

this is from the THx login page:

MCAT THx, AMCAS and the Fee Assistance Program use the same user names and passwords. If you have used one of these systems enter that username and password below.

I thought this was funny from the AAMC Thx login.......took a real brain dump after the MCAT...... :laugh:

Can't remember your AAMC Password?

Forgot your user name? Re-register to learn what it is.

So, my new train of thought to take my mind off of my actual score, whatever that might me: What time should I check tomorrow? 9:00 a.m. eastern time? Or should I wait for a while, since probably about 26,000 other people will also simultaneously be trying to get into THx at 9:00 a.m. eastern time? How long can I make myself wait? And, perhaps more immediately pertinent, will my boss fire me for obsessively reading SDN and not being able to concentrate on anything for more than 5 minutes at a time this past week? Hmmmm...Maybe I'll just check this thread tomorrow morning to see if the scores are posted...I'm sure everyone will be talking about it. :scared:

Less than eight hours to go until 12:00am EST. It is getting very exciting and very nervous. Best wish to everybody.

GOOD LUCK to everyone! :luck: :luck: :luck:

good or bad, just remember to BREATHE!!! i know i will get tons of hate pm's for saying this but the results of this exam is NOT armaggedon. really, it's not. the mcat is an important step to take towards med school but everyone will survive. yes, even u, the one who's shooting evil daggers in my direction and plotting my demise! :p

i'm off sdn for the rest of the day but g'luck g'luck and extra karma points to you all!! :thumbup:

Pinkertinkle said:
Don't be one of the guys who takes a mg 42 to the chest coming out of the boat.

I'll see you on the beach.

best line ever....I just called my gf and told her

Pinkertinkle said:

Seriously, great line. :D :D

As a famous Sergeant once said, "C'mon you sons a bitches! D'ya wanna live forever??"

w00t!

superunknown said:
are we waiting for 12 midnight eastern or pacific? ...or midnight at all?

I believe we're waiting for 12 midnight eastern...at least, that's what I'm waiting for :D

does anyone know what, beyond the scores themselves, are available 6/15? like the approximate percentiles the scores correspond to... that type of stuff

superunknown said:
does anyone know what, beyond the scores themselves, are available 6/15? like the approximate percentiles the scores correspond to... that type of stuff

i believe u see that too with ur score.... :luck:

I just know that it will be up after midnight. I can feel it!

Or is that hunger I feel? I want papa johns but my mommy won't buy it for me :(

what movie is this? i need something to add to my netflix list

Pinkertinkle said:

Hey all,

I was just thinking about it the other day...perhaps in an attempt to offset the server crashing when the scores are released, they announce an official date on their website, and then release the scores the night before. That way, about half the people are fanatic like us and check it every minute the night before and get the scores, and then the other half just dutifully listen to the instructions on the home page and check the actual date. So less crashing. Sounds reasonable?

Good luck everybody, whenever it comes out. :rolleyes:

stoleyerscrubz said:
what movie is this? i need something to add to my netflix list

The first line I made up. The 2nd line is Capt. Miller, or Tom Hanks, 30 seconds before he hits Omaha beach.

Heres the complete beginning:

Clear the ramp! 30 seconds! God be with you!
Port side, stick. Starboard side, stick.
Move fast and clear those mortar holes.
l want to see plenty of beach between men.
Five men is an opportunity. One is a waste of ammo.
Keep the sand out of your weapons.
Keep those actions clear.
l'll see you on the beach.