Countdown to the 15th!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerbernator

Retired
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Eeeeek Feckkking Gads!!!

Members don't see this ad.

ok i just called, and got this guy derek, he said next week, with no definite date. :confused: i dont know what the hell to think anymore

drguy22 said:
y doesnt someone just call??????? i want to verify too..forget it ill call with a different voice..... :luck:
Just got off the phone. The guys said it "wouldn't hurt to check tonight." But he also said that the word he had was for early next week. :confused:

Whatever. It's nap time.

Members don't see this ad :)
EvoDevo said:
Just got off the phone. The guys said it "wouldn't hurt to check tonight." But he also said that the word he had was for early next week. :confused:

Whatever. It's nap time.
I am so sick of these people's shadiness. "It wouldnt hurt to check"???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: SCREW YOU AAMC MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't deal with this tell me when I will have them now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lissa1217 said:
I am so sick of these people's shadiness. "It wouldnt hurt to check"???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: SCREW YOU AAMC MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't deal with this tell me when I will have them now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i totally agree! the guy i had on the phone was so shady, and just rushing me off like crazy. im sure he gets 4 billion calls a day about the score date, but still, at least give some concrete information. he answered all my questions with at the most 2 word answers. not very polite at all :(

wylie313 said:
i totally agree! the guy i had on the phone was so shady, and just rushing me off like crazy. im sure he gets 4 billion calls a day about the score date, but still, at least give some concrete information. he answered all my questions with at the most 2 word answers. not very polite at all :(

I WOULD feel sorry for the fact that they have to keep "answering" this question a billion times a day, except that they never adequately address it in the first place. I mean, I could understand their ambiguity if we were asking them the day after the exam, but they've been sitting on our tests for two freaking months now, you'd think that they'd have SOME sense of when they'd be ready (they probably procrastinated and left the standardizing crap until the last minute :D ). Why can't they just tell us the date and put an end to the speculation?

I seriously think that they're having fun with us, I mean come on, who says "it wouldn't hurt to check tonight", from what I understand, they have already announced the release date; the morning of the 15th, or the night before, end of the story.

in spite of what some of you lunatics think, the aamc has been extremely consistent about a june 15 release date for the past two months. there was that one copied email that said "the week of june 7th", but it wasnt really confirmed, and it certainly didnt jive with the 95% of other evidence.

wylie313 said:
4 what? days left? sorry im slow lol

4 ulcers in my stomach from worrying about the scores from this exam :D

Members don't see this ad :)
ms2209 said:
4 ulcers in my stomach from worrying about the scores from this exam :D
4 applications in front of me waiting for the results. 2 of them to med schools, the other 2-BK and mickey d's :p

wylie313 said:
4 applications in front of me waiting for the results. 2 of them to med schools, the other 2-BK and mickey d's :p

I don't know about BK, I think they require an MCAT score of at least 35 ;)...

You guys all crack me up, McDonalds, genius..I'm going to drink till I forget everything I've learned this quarter and not stop till interviews.....

Gosh I remember waiting for scores last August....it was so weird because the scores came out the night before the day it was supposed to be released. It was kind of anticlimatic because the scores just pop up... without any real procedure to go through.

hmm i am nervous now!! Like after the first physics test in college where i was fairly certai n i either got a 100% or a 0

I can't sleep lately, it really sucks! I'm so nervous, beyond nervous I think I'm losing my mind. I first thought I'd check late that night but now I think I'm going to check first thing in the morning. God, I can't take this anymore....Good luck everyone hopefully we all come back with great news.

Funny, last night, I had the weirdest dream :sleep: :scared: ?it was hell? I had received a call from that phony AAMC guy (I?ve been calling too) saying that everybody?s scores were posted?EXCEPT MINE cause the grading machine had eaten my scantron?I started to freak out and began to cuss him out?He told me that they would make it up by allowing me to take the next MCAT free of charge?..it was such a weird dream?I woke up in the middle of the night sweating?.

Anywayz... ?.we can do it?.a couple more days :smuggrin: ?.

phatlines said:
Funny, last night, I had the weirdest dream :sleep: :scared: ?it was hell? I had received a call from that phony AAMC guy (I?ve been calling too) saying that everybody?s scores were posted?EXCEPT MINE cause the grading machine had eaten my scantron?I started to freak out and began to cuss him out?He told me that they would make it up by allowing me to take the next MCAT free of charge?..it was such a weird dream?I woke up in the middle of the night sweating?.

Anywayz... ?.we can do it?.a couple more days :smuggrin: ?.
that is the worst thing ever! Can you imagine?! That is worse than getting a bad score, that would be like okay sorry about all of the time you spent studying and worrying about the score from the other one...how bout you just take another? I think that I would rather gouge my eyes out with spoons than take another mcat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST GIVE ME MY SCORES DAMMIT!!!!!!!!

Maybe Hannibal Lecter is in charge and he'll call each one of us personally, "Tell me your worst childhood fear and I'll give you your verbal score, Quid pro quo". It isn't that bad people, it's bad yes, but not to the point of a horror movie.

I'm going skydiving on the 15th. You gotta love the symbolism, im getting my MCAT and jumping out of a plane. I guess I'll opt for a parachute or not depending on what my score is.

aegis said:
I'm going skydiving on the 15th. You gotta love the symbolism, im getting my MCAT and jumping out of a plane. I guess I'll opt for a parachute or not depending on what my score is.

Good for you dude. :thumbup:

i have slipped into depression and developed an ulcer waiting for these results :scared: :confused: ... anyone else with me on that one?

I had a nightmare last night. I saw my score and got two 10s on BS and PS, but on verbal i got a FOUR. It's my mind messing with me because I thought verbal was my best section. Why the torture.

SitraAchra said:
I had a nightmare last night. I saw my score and got two 10s on BS and PS, but on verbal i got a FOUR. It's my mind messing with me because I thought verbal was my best section. Why the torture.
haha, I had a nightmare a while back that I filled the whole verbal reasoning section out with a highlighter and not a pencil so I got a zero.

2 days 'til scores, bwahahahahhahaha! :smuggrin:

i have slipped into depression and developed an ulcer waiting for these results ... anyone else with me on that one?
yea, pretty much.....

one moment I feel like I made a fantastic score and the next moment I feel like I made a score reflecting the age of one of my kids....... :(

I have two finals tomorrow (four total for the week) and what can I think about? MCAT scores. aaaaaaaaahhhhh

:smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: This face is so funny.

SitraAchra said:

I am also getting weird dreams :eek: . I dreamt of a score of 8 and half. The whole nightmare was full of chaos. My scores of individual sections didn't add up to give my total score, and I didn't know what to do with 8 and half.

I feel sorry for myself :( . I think I got this from reading SDN too much :confused:

I can only imagine the scene on this board in two days (or less ;) ) - and perhaps in about three days after that it'll be like a ghost town here.

When I got my final grades online for this past semester, I gasped because I wasn't expecting them to be out yet. I wonder what thousands of people gasping at exactly the same moment sounds like. Hmm. :laugh:

I walked through the bookstore today and inadvertently passed the MCAT study books section. I almost broke down and cried right then; the thought of potentially studying again....

I also have had a few nightmares...

I am starting to enter panic mode. I think that when I open my scores I might just barf, regardless of the outcome.

Treg

Since I am a compulsive Thx checker, I am worried that I will log on sometime tomorrow afternoon and see that EEEK!!! There they are! And then I might vomit down my chest at the pure shock of it all.

I am sure that I will feel hazy and a little delirious when I finally see that score page. It sounds psycho, but damn, it's like it's all we've been wanting for so long, I have had so many nightmares about seeing those scores, and then it will be done. Poof. My scores will be set and there ain't nothing I can do about it.

Logically, I know that they are already set and there is nothing I can do about it. I've known that since April 17th. But to actually KNOW them seems like its such a BIG thing that it almost feels better to just wonder.

IndyZX said:
its like 24hrs away.

ya i have this eerie feeling that they will go up sometime tommorow...i mean when lee posted the actual date...the director of MCAT said the 15th to give some extra time.....im sooooo freeeekin scared!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

i can understand that most of us are really scared to see our scores, the april mcat is not my first, i have to say i have learned not to panic or get scared for it now...i guess im just really, really hopefule that I did well!

good luck all!

Here I am, relaxing, reading the Sunday paper when my eyes fall upon the article of a local boy who wins FULL scholarship to our State Medical School for having the highest MCAT score. A myriad of emotions skipped through my mind, Jealousy, Envy, If he can do it I can do it, Who am I kidding......

I settled for the herd of buffalo trampling through my gut......

Less than 24 hours and counting.......*hopefully*

*and they did not even post his score.....what kind of journalism is that :mad: *

You know what everyone, Im scared too, but the truth is, being scared and gonna fix a damnnn thing! Yes in about 26 hours we will all know if we have been fortunate enough to not have to take this devilsh exam ever again. I personally cannot wait to burn anything related to any of my physics class> But until then, I say we all just sit back relax, and throw down a few cold ones! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :D

Nothing would make me happier than burning the huge stack of MCAT prep materials I've collected over the last 2 years.... Good luck everyone... Hope we never have to take this b*tch again.

This could very well be the end of my organic chem and physics career!!! YEAH!

This could very well be the end of my organic chem and physics career!!!
that is one sweet thought, indeed!

i won't "burn" my TPR stuff, though--i'll make sure it gets a good home....

it could be tomorrow!!!!!!!!! i'm freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!