COT Questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentaLizzy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm at COT right now, finishing up Jun 27. I can try and answer questions if you have them so maybe you'll be more informed than I when you get here. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Did you buy your uniforms there or ahead of time?? How much did everything cost??

So you need two sets of ABU's and with boots, right? And 2 blue shirts, one long sleeve and one short sleeved?

If you do ANYTHING to prepare for COT, buy your uniforms ahead of time. I spent around 5 hours in AAFES getting uniforms and having it measured for tailoring....and I already had my BDU's. I can't remember the # of blue shirts I had, but I want to say 2 short sleeved only.

Get your uniforms here at Offut and have the name tapes and ranks sewen on before you go, if possible. You'll have an extra 4-6 hours of downtime the second or third day you're there to sit in your room while everyone else is at AAFES. I heard there was a place to rent your mess dress so you don't have to buy it, but i can't confirm that. I'd call ahead on that if I were you. Don't get the regular AF workout gear at Offutt, as COT uses their own stuff, so you'll have to get that there.

And definitely don't take a printer, like the COT website says. If you have a laptop, maybe bring that, but you have a computer in each room that connects to a floor printer. May be smart to bring a little computer paper, though.

If you are still in town and need help at AAFES here at Offutt, shoot me an email and I can swing by to help as much as I can after clinic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Focker,

Thanks for the heads up. I stopped down at the base yesterday and picked up most of the gear. I hope clinic is treating you well. I know at first some of the instructors can be a little rough on the 3rd years.

If you do ANYTHING to prepare for COT, buy your uniforms ahead of time. I spent around 5 hours in AAFES getting uniforms and having it measured for tailoring....and I already had my BDU's. I can't remember the # of blue shirts I had, but I want to say 2 short sleeved only.

Get your uniforms here at Offut and have the name tapes and ranks sewen on before you go, if possible. You'll have an extra 4-6 hours of downtime the second or third day you're there to sit in your room while everyone else is at AAFES. I heard there was a place to rent your mess dress so you don't have to buy it, but i can't confirm that. I'd call ahead on that if I were you. Don't get the regular AF workout gear at Offutt, as COT uses their own stuff, so you'll have to get that there.

And definitely don't take a printer, like the COT website says. If you have a laptop, maybe bring that, but you have a computer in each room that connects to a floor printer. May be smart to bring a little computer paper, though.

If you are still in town and need help at AAFES here at Offutt, shoot me an email and I can swing by to help as much as I can after clinic.

No worries. If you have any other questions in the mean time, let me know. It's basically like freshman year....long days filled boring and relatively worthless classes that could have been consolidatated into much less time. Your nights are free after 5 or 6, so bring stuff to do (books, movies, whatever). Good luck, and I hope you have a fun flight....makes all the difference in the world.

Don't buy your uniforms beforehand. I ended up returning a lot of useless things. Many of the stuff they tell you to get is seasonal, and not needed. You also don't need mess dress.