COT Money question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucla4lifer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was reading all the stuff on COT for the Air Force, and it said the usual about 2000 for uniforms, but what I didnt understand is that it also says youll need 300 cash for meals. Do we have to pay for every meal for a month? If so why is this?

All the wording seemed weird because at first it said $15 for meals during inprocessing, but then it also said $300 cash for all meals? I am a little confused.

Members don't see this ad.

but what I didnt understand is that it also says youll need 300 cash for meals. Do we have to pay for every meal for a month? If so why is this?

All the wording seemed weird because at first it said $15 for meals during inprocessing, but then it also said $300 cash for all meals? I am a little confused.

You pay for all your meals...just the way it is. You eat all 3 meals with your flight at the dining hall. Expect $2-4 per meal. Most fridays-sundays, you can eat at the dining hall if you like, or, if you are allowed, you can go to other base restaurants (like burger king) for meal, and can go off base in the last few weeks.

A little tip on uniforms, buy as much as you can before you go down. It will give you a good 6 extra hours of rest/relaxation while everyone else is being suffled through AAFES like a herd of cattle. However, don't buy AF PT gear before you go...they have their own PT gear for COT you have to wear (at least, they did).

Don't buy a mess dress. They told us we had to. I droped a few hundred on it. I have worn it one time. I heard you now can rent it while you are down at maxwell.