Cost Plus . . .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
. . . is now offering luradisone 60 mg #30 for $9.00.

Goodbye, prior auths.
Oh ****. Game changer for real.

How have people's experiences been sending prescriptions there? Is it a smooth process? Any issues?

I mean it's hard to be worse than cvs so the bar is low...

Members don't see this ad :)
Bless you for this, will investigate. I had one insurer demand prior authorization for every single dose increase.

It went generic recently, that’s why.

Do I like feeding Marc Cuban's Narcisism? Nope. Will I to get reasonably costed medications, absolutely. Please start covering meds for adolescents Mr. Cuban!!

Reactions: 1 users
It went generic recently, that’s why.

It actually went generic over a year ago, but it took until this year for anyone to actually be approved to start making a generic by the FDA. If you try to pay cash for generic lurasidone outside of this program, it is still a few hundred dollars per month.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, not sure how accurate it is, but interesting that they include this on the medication's page:

Capture.PNG

GoodRx suggests that that would run you closer to $12-1300 in my neck of the woods at most pharmacies, but if they are comparing to brand name that is probably true.

I was more referencing the manufacturing cost and the price breakdown. I’m surprised they’re actually showing a breakdown of how they get to their price.

It’s about the same where I’m at except apparently Costco sells at #90 tabs of 60mg for under $100.

I was more referencing the manufacturing cost and the price breakdown. I’m surprised they’re actually showing a breakdown of how they get to their price.

It’s about the same where I’m at except apparently Costco sells at #90 tabs of 60mg for under $100.

I think half their shtick is shaming PBMs, so I think that makes sense.

Fool's errand, though. PBMs have no shame.

Reactions: 2 users

How have people's experiences been sending prescriptions there? Is it a smooth process? Any issues?

I've been using them for months. No problem at all. Patients have had a good experience.

Reactions: 2 users

Its very easy to send to it. The hardest part is finding what its listed as in your eprescribing/EMR system. Sometimes its "Mark Cuban" sometimes its "Cost Plus". They have a form that lists their pharmacy ID too.

That's their entire purpose. Basically the founder is a physician that was pissed off with the ridiculous system. Their goal is complete transparency, to stay in business as long as they need to and to make meds cheaper. Check out the ZDoggMD interview for more info:

I still have my account with the medication supplier I used when I was doing direct primary care. Using that, I can get 30 tabs of 60mg lurasidone for right at $10. Not a surprise that a national mail order can do better on prices, but I generally assume that, worse case, pharmacies can get this stuff for the same price I can.

Kinda ticks me off given what CVS and Walgreens will price things at when I can literally get them for 5-10X less on a per pill basis.

Reactions: 1 users