CONCEPT/Palo Alto University Professional Development Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

texanpsychdoc

Clinical Psychologist & Assistant Professor
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if folks knew about CONCEPT Continuing and Professional Studies that is facilitated through Palo Alto University. I personally have enjoyed their courses as you are able to develop competencies in certain areas, especially forensics while also earning CEUs. Their courses are online with a substantial database of courses that are all pre-recorded, as well as live courses. It's very user-friendly, you have the video lectures, as well as downloadable slides, audio files, and other associated materials (i.e., articles) that pertain to that course. Also, for those who are looking to get into forensics, they offer multiple certificate programs that will allow you to build competencies in criminal, civil, and violence risk assessments that can meet or exceed didactic guidelines for ABPP and state boards in which they require a set amount of hours in areas like competency and insanity evaluations to qualify as a forensic expert witness for the state court system. These courses, when used in conjunction with appropriate consultation and experience can aid in growing one's specialty skills in forensic for example. I highly recommend this as an option if you are considering getting into forensics, or police/public safety psychology (I am doing both).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user