Computer COMLEX Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panabodian

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright guys the new version of the comlex is out there and someone must have taken it over these past 2 days. Help a brotha out, how was it? How much OMM? Heavy hit topics. Lots of pictures/EKGs. What books did you use? Anything would be helpful. My day is coming up soon and I'm freaking out. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't taken it yet - a girl in my class took it and sent out a mass email warning that there was a crapload of cranial...seriously. Like I said, this is second hand - but I kow I will take a look at those freaking strain patterns before my big day.

Hey there! I took comlex step 2 yesterday. It is strangely well written WHEN COMPARED to the old 2 day comlex step I. They really managed to weed out all those REDUNDANT questions and super poorly written ones. So that was a nice surprise.

The content is what you would expect.. IM, peds, ob/gyn and some basic OMT.

I didn't get even one cranial question... I wonder what exactly that means... the "experiemental" section perhaps?

Not as many pictures as I expected and the exhibits were not that great in quality. (I found myself squinting at them going.. what am I missing...) About the same # on EKGs as Step I. And I felt there was alot less OMT than on Step I.

There was no one topic that was emphasized. Lots of the high-yield type questions.

To study I used Crush and secrets to step 2. These written by the same folks. Secrets is a Q and A version of Crush. So I read Crush and then tested myself with Secrets.

I got the Kaplan 1 month on-line and did about 1/2 the questions.. it was good to get used to doing 50 question blocks on a computer. Swanson's FP is good for ob and peds because the cases were very similar to comlex. Savarese is good for OMT review and it has lots of prep questions.

Now the caveat is that I don't have a feeling one way or another as to my score. With the whole format and length of test changing I just don't have a feel for it.

Best of luck to you!

panabodian said:
Alright guys the new version of the comlex is out there and someone must have taken it over these past 2 days. Help a brotha out, how was it? How much OMM? Heavy hit topics. Lots of pictures/EKGs. What books did you use? Anything would be helpful. My day is coming up soon and I'm freaking out. :confused:

Sugar72 said:
I haven't taken it yet - a girl in my class took it and sent out a mass email warning that there was a crapload of cranial...seriously. Like I said, this is second hand - but I kow I will take a look at those freaking strain patterns before my big day.

Hey thanks alot guys that helps. But I'm not sure about this cranial/ no cranial stuff. Oh well I'll just look at it anyways. Oh yulata, how was the kaplan qestions in compared to the comlex questions, harder, similar. How about anyone else who took the test. CONGRATS :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know what to tell you about the cranial. I simply had zero questions on it. But looking at it seems prudent.

As far as comlex vs. kaplan. I think the comlex has taken the complexity of the kaplan questions and broken them into 2 or 3 grouped questions. So that instead of one second or third order question like you would see in the harder kaplan questions you get 2 or 3 questions to answer... like having an opportunity to get "partial credit".

Does that make sense?

panabodian said:
Oh yulata, how was the kaplan qestions in compared to the comlex questions, harder, similar. How about anyone else who took the test. CONGRATS :)

Hey all...

Congrats Yulata!!! Another "step" to becoming a doctor done!!! :)

Question for anyone and everyone...

I will soon be taking COMLEX II in August. I was wondering what everyone has heard are good review books and for those who have ALREADY taken COMLEX II, which books did you find the most helpful and what would you have done differently (certain books, study time, etc)?

Thanks a ton!! Let's keep this thread going as all of us will soon be prepping for another boat-load of fun! :D

Here are some books that seemed to be used a lot:

Boards and Wards
First Aid Step 2
Crush Step 2
Cracking the Boards
Secrets for Step 2
Prescription for the Boards
*NEW* Step-up for Step 2
Swanson's Family Practice
Advanced Life Support
A&L Questions
Ridiculously simpe step 2
NMS
Mock Exam
Kaplan Q-book
Usmleworld
qbank

I posted a decent review of COMLEX II in here a while ago when I took it. Here's a run down of what I used:

Good sources
HY Obgyn: USE IT
Boards n' Wards
Crush Step II: Know it cold
Lawrence Essentials of G'surg: Trauma section (solid). Some guts stuff, can't remember.
Savarese: autonomics. rest of book read in 5 hours day before test

That FP review book is looooowww yield.

Oh by the way how was the timing of the exam? When is the 10 min breaks and do they come out of your total time? Also does anyone know what passing is? I don't think comlex knows yet since they are going to take 3-4 mths to get the first test takers back their scores.

Thanks VentdependenT for the info.

Do you by any chance have the link to the other post when you described your review of the COMLEX II? I tried doing a search for it but couldn't find it.

Thanks a ton!!!! :cool:

Try searching for "Boards and Wards" then look for hits under Comlex II. If I remember, there are several good posts dealing with study books and what to expect on the exam, although with the change of format to the computer I'm not sure that is still reliable.

Sorry for the delay, I've had my head in a bottle for the past couple of days.

How the test works is you show up, they check IDs, they take your picture, you sign into the test room and are shown a computer. they recheck your id each time you go in/out of the test room... even if it is just you testing.

You go through the tutorial (save yourselves the stress and do the nbome.com practice test.. it includes the tutorial and is almost the same as the real tutorial)

And start. You have an optional 10 minute break after 2 one-hour blocks of 50 questions each. You can finish early you don't have to sit and wait for the hour to finish. And you have a mandatory 40 minute break after the 4 one hour blocks in the AM. The test automatically starts up after your break is over. The format is the same in the afternoon.

The rub is.. you must wait until 4 hours and 40 minutes after you started the test in the morning to come back and start the afternoon session. Regardless of how long it took you to do the morning session.

For example, I have learned not to review a question if I am moderatly secure in the answer... for me, that leads to lots of wrong answers. So I finished the AM session after 2 hour and 40 minutes although; we are alotted 4 hours. (I am not bragging, I am a very average test taker and I am just trying to pass the bloody thing and not changing answers is really important for me)

My point is, I had to MANDATORILY wait 2 full hours before the test would start up in the afternoon. The 40 minutes lunch plus the 1 hour 20 minutes I didn't use during the AM session. It was a huge break.

So, depending on how you test, make sure you prepare yourself for the extra time.

hope that helps. take care.

This post is great! Thanks for everyone who has contributed!

I have a question to those who have taken the test already. How do the Kaplan Step 2 Q bank questions correlate to the COMLEX Step 2 questions? I've been taking these questions for a little less than a month and have an overall 60% average after complete 70% of the total questions. Lately, I haven't been scoring anything less that a 64% on the q bank tests. Are these questions generally harder or about the same level of difficulty? Thanks!

This thread has good insight for step II; are the main topics hit still the same on the computer version? (ie heavy OB/IM) Any idea how the test is going to be graded/ curved without all the scores from the test takers? If people gradually take the exam through out the whole year how can it be properly curved without all the scores in?

Members don't see this ad :)
joseppi said:
This thread has good insight for step II; are the main topics hit still the same on the computer version? (ie heavy OB/IM) Any idea how the test is going to be graded/ curved without all the scores from the test takers? If people gradually take the exam through out the whole year how can it be properly curved without all the scores in?

will ive seen on the website that we will no longert be given a percentile 2 digit score. it will be like the 2 digit usmle that they conjer up. i also read that it might take awhile to get results because we are the first to take the test so the NBOME will have to wait until they get enough results as to figure out the scores.

I took it last week. It was a very good test. I didn't get one cranial question. None of the OMM was very hard. There wasn't an unbalance in questions towards one area or another. The 10 minute breaks were optional. What really surprised me was that when I finished the morning block (around 10 am) the 40 minute lunch break was optional as well! Everything I read online and heard over the phone with the testing center said the lunch break was mandatory. When the screen said "Click next to continue" I was like "Alright, let's just power through this." This is much better than having to drive all day to a site, stay in a hotel for 3 days and take 8 hours a day to take a two-day test.

Hey guys,

Thanks for keeping up with the posting!

Hey glorytaker, congrats on finishing another boards exam! What review books did you use? Which ones do you definitely recommend? Anything you would do different after getting through the exam?

Thanks a ton for your help!!! :)

I used First Aid for the USMLE Step 2, Boards and Wards for Step 2 and 3, the OMM blue book and USMLEasy online qbank. I wasn't that thrilled with USMLEasy, but it helped me get used to taking a computer test (point and click, no underlining, circling, crossing-out or making little notes). Would I do anything different after the exam? Possibly I would have gone with USMLEworld instead but I'm pretty sure I passed so it doesn't really matter that much.

EricOH said:
Hey guys,

Thanks for keeping up with the posting!

Hey glorytaker, congrats on finishing another boards exam! What review books did you use? Which ones do you definitely recommend? Anything you would do different after getting through the exam?

Thanks a ton for your help!!! :)

My thoughts:

1. Comlex part 2 was not as bad as I thought it would be, there was a lot less peds on my exam than I thought there would be.

2. I took USMLE step 2 two days later and I have 2 words--balls hard. It was 10 times harder than Comlex. The question stems resembled those you find in USMLEworld, some longer. Question stems on Comlex were shorter and to the point.

3. I estimated about 5 or so OMT questions per 50-question block. I studied by going to http://www.md-do.org/comlex_prep_.htm. Hunt around and you'll find the "cram pages" as well as another review document that goes a little farther in depth. Cranial, sacrum, innervation were all tested heavily.

4. The test center I took it at bungled the total "break time" concept. They told us any extra time we had from the morning would be added on to our lunch break of 40 minutes. However, when the lunch screen pops up it said "40 minutes" and began counting down. They advised me to take only 40 even though I did have 20 minutes left over from the morning. When I returned, I let my 40 minutes expire and the clock began counting down the 4 hours for the afternoon. Any extra time I would have taken would have been deducted from my afternoon time. They went ahead and reported it.

5. I also took PE. Go to the NBOME website and go over the orientation guide and maybe watch the video. Other than that, I do not believe there is much else you can do to prepare. And don't stay in King of Prussia (it may be cheaper, but the highways are nucking futs around there!!)

6. :luck:

DrMaryC said:
My thoughts:

1. Comlex part 2 was not as bad as I thought it would be, there was a lot less peds on my exam than I thought there would be.

2. I took USMLE step 2 two days later and I have 2 words--balls hard. It was 10 times harder than Comlex. The question stems resembled those you find in USMLEworld, some longer. Question stems on Comlex were shorter and to the point.

3. I estimated about 5 or so OMT questions per 50-question block. I studied by going to http://www.md-do.org/comlex_prep_.htm. Hunt around and you'll find the "cram pages" as well as another review document that goes a little farther in depth. Cranial, sacrum, innervation were all tested heavily.

4. The test center I took it at bungled the total "break time" concept. They told us any extra time we had from the morning would be added on to our lunch break of 40 minutes. However, when the lunch screen pops up it said "40 minutes" and began counting down. They advised me to take only 40 even though I did have 20 minutes left over from the morning. When I returned, I let my 40 minutes expire and the clock began counting down the 4 hours for the afternoon. Any extra time I would have taken would have been deducted from my afternoon time. They went ahead and reported it.

5. I also took PE. Go to the NBOME website and go over the orientation guide and maybe watch the video. Other than that, I do not believe there is much else you can do to prepare. And don't stay in King of Prussia (it may be cheaper, but the highways are nucking futs around there!!)

Thanks for the input! Do you have an example of a typical question they asked on the COMLEX that you might remember? I wish there was a better resource for COMLEX style questions! Thank you and congratulations for getting through another hurdle!

Drmaryc-
Thanks for your input....Just curious why you felt usmleasy was so bad; did you suscribe to both usmleworld and usmleasy for comparison. What did you think was lacking?? Was it adequate or accurate comparison or what your score is vs the results you were getting on the practice tests? Did you exhaust all the questions available (3000+)?

DrMaryC said:
My thoughts:

Thanks for the input! Do you have an example of a typical question they asked on the COMLEX that you might remember? I wish there was a better resource for COMLEX style questions! Thank you and congratulations for getting through another hurdle!

You're welcome! :) Go to www.nbome.org and do the 50-question block of "practice" questions. The actual test questions resembled these almost exactly, I thought.

Joseppi said:
Just curious why you felt usmleasy was so bad;

I used UsmleWorld. I didn't use usmleasy, sorry to confuse. And I didn't think it was bad. I thought the questions on the actual USMLE exam resembled those on usmleWorld. The COMLEX question stems were not as lengthy as those found on usmleWorld.

:luck:

Mary sorry I confused your post along with glorytaker... who used usmleasy. I should read more carefull esp with the exam on my heels here.
Maybe glorytaker can expand on the usmle easy scenario??

Mary- you said USMLE was really hard; I have it scheduled a couple days after COMLEX also. If you could do it different, how would you reccomend to prepare for it?
thanks again for you input

DrMaryC said:
You're welcome! :) Go to www.nbome.org and do the 50-question block of "practice" questions. The actual test questions resembled these almost exactly, I thought.

I used UsmleWorld. I didn't use usmleasy, sorry to confuse. And I didn't think it was bad. I thought the questions on the actual USMLE exam resembled those on usmleWorld. The COMLEX question stems were not as lengthy as those found on usmleWorld.

:luck:

Mary- you said USMLE was really hard; I have it scheduled a couple days after COMLEX also. If you could do it different, how would you reccomend to prepare for it?
thanks again for you input

There's not much else you can do--just be prepared to see longer vignettes. And get good zzz's the night before.

Hello,

My beau and I are gearing up to take COMLEX on Monday and USMLE on Wednesday... we just looked at the NBOME practice items (the ones after the tutorial)...WTF???!!! Half that stuff was BS!! Was it just us or were some of those ridiculous (I don't remember learning about venous lakes or s. typhi diarrhea from that funky test...)??? :eek:

Anyway, were ALL the questions on the test like those (content-wise) or just the style? Thanks for any info.

Congrats to those of you that are done!! We'll soon be joining y'all at the bottom of the bottle. :D

PalCareGrl

I agree with Dr Mary regarding the comparison of usmleworld and USMLE. I thought usmleworld was very similar to the actual test, including the length of question stems. I just took the USMLE on the OLD software on Friday and I thought that because I used the usmleworld question bank I was well prepared for the lengthy questions and I finished every section with about 15 minutes of time leftover.
In comparison to USMLE step 1, I personally thought that step 2 was much more straight forward and was a fair test. I have not taken COMLEX yet to offer a comparison, but if it is shorter than USMLE it should be a walk in the park...

DrSmiles said:
I agree with Dr Mary regarding the comparison of usmleworld and USMLE. I thought usmleworld was very similar to the actual test, including the length of question stems. I just took the USMLE on the OLD software on Friday and I thought that because I used the usmleworld question bank I was well prepared for the lengthy questions and I finished every section with about 15 minutes of time leftover.
In comparison to USMLE step 1, I personally thought that step 2 was much more straight forward and was a fair test. I have not taken COMLEX yet to offer a comparison, but if it is shorter than USMLE it should be a walk in the park...

ha....so you're amongst the ranks of us crazies taking usmle step 2 huh? :cool:

good luck to those in the upcoming weeks.
i have my comlex2 1 week from tommorrow then the usmle two days later.i hope i do not regret not doing the usmleworld questions. we got our q bank free from kaplan as part of the course and i had no more energy to do another set of questions. I think im prepared enough though.
so far ive heard surprising things about the new computer test in that its actually a decent test for a change. could this be real, the nbome is finally developing a good test!!!

it really sucks having to wait 3-4 months according the website for results.

anyway good luck guys

Yup... I am one of the "crazies" all right! And after taking that beast on Friday I just hope I have the energy to conquer the COMLEX this week. I was very satified with the USMLEworld, at least for the preparation it offered me for USMLE, and hopefully it will be good for the COMLEX too. It was a tough Qbank but I think it was worth it. At least I walked away from the exam with a feeling of satisfaction knowing I am quite confident I passed and not a feeling of "I hope I didn't bomb it", which was my feeling after finishing USMLE Step 1. As for COMLEX, I don't think anyone quite knows how exactly they performed on this test, and I sure hope that the computer format is easier this year. Anything is easier than 2 days with 4 books.

Well, I took the yesterday. I definitely agree that it was written better than Step I. I did have some issues with it though. Did anyone else think that 2 line question stems was just not enough information a lot of the time to narrow answer choices? I used Kaplan QBank and the NMS question to study so I was used to more detail when trying to figure out an answer. Granted, it was pretty straightforward, and I felt better than I did after Step I when left the test. I was also curious to see if anyone else used the comment feature while taking the test. I wrote comments on at least 10 questions. I figured if I paid $500 to take a test, they're going to hear what I though about poorly written questions :).

Well, good luck to everyone and if you have any questions regarding the test, I'd be happy to help!

Hey Luna120,

Congrats on being one step closer to doctorship.

I'm taking the exam in a week and wondered if you had any suggestions for what to study the last week. Currently, I'm reading B&W and Secrets. Also, did the test have a theme or seem to focus on something? Can you give me (and the other students reading this post) a top ten list of high yield topics? What was the flavor of the OMM questions? Did the test seem fair?

I, as well as the other students here would be most grateful if you could pass on a little more information. With the format changing to computer, a lot of us are unsure how to prepare for this exam.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Luna: 2 lines isn't nearly enough, especially when it is something as ambiguous as "37 y.o F has left toe pain. You find C1-7 SrRr, T1-12 SlRr, and sacrum in forward flexion. What is the DX?" Ummmm.. stubbed toe? (note, this is not an actual test question - it was made up by myself, although it has that certain something that many of the COMLEX questions had).

Now, we just have to wait until april to get our scores :)

jd

DeLaughterDO said:
Luna: 2 lines isn't nearly enough, especially when it is something as ambiguous as "37 y.o F has left toe pain. You find C1-7 SrRr, T1-12 SlRr, and sacrum in forward flexion. What is the DX?" Ummmm.. stubbed toe? (note, this is not an actual test question - it was made up by myself, although it has that certain something that many of the COMLEX questions had).

Now, we just have to wait until april to get our scores :)

jd

Yo D,
I took it Tuesday and found it to be easier than Step One certainly. I take USMLE Step II on Monday, and its just for grins. I think the low stress I put on it will pay off and my score will be way better than my USMLE I score. My goal is to break 260, but I will be happy with 250. OMM questions were mostly flat out easy from chapter 2 of Simmons. I finished the whole thing in under 6 hours. I bet you were done in 2!! I didn't quite have as good an overall feeling with the lack of 400 other questions, but I feel I did well. I was shocked at the lack of pharm on there though. Thats where I think I will earn my money on USMLE...I hope. Bottom line...not a bad test and I am glad its over.

are there any questions on research methodology or statistics?

what does everyone use for the medical jurispondence questions?

Informer said:
are there any questions on research methodology or statistics?

what does everyone use for the medical jurispondence questions?
What I used for the medicolegal questions? Punt!

I took the COMLEX yesterday and didn't think it was all that bad. DO NOT EXPECT QUESTIONS LIKE KAPLAN Q-BANK OR USMLEWORLD!!! They definitely helped to solidify concepts, but they overprepare you for the question lengths on the comlex. I was shocked to see the short length (one to two sentences) of the case based question stems. In the true COMLEX style there will be some questions that are very vague and you're scratching your head wondering how to go about answer them. But in general the test is moderate in difficulty. There are about 10-15 images (including ekg's) in all, dispersed throughout the test. There are about 40 OMM questions in general that cover a broad range of topics, from facilitation to hvla to rib dysfunctions. The "jurisprudence questions" ranged from easy ethical issues to specifics about certain health care policies. I would review this before the exam for some easy points. I don't know about anyone else, but I thought that peds definitely made a big appearance on this test. That's about it. Everyone just relax, if you have put in the time then you will do fine on this test...this one really is a matter of how much time and effort you have put in. Good luck and remember to breathe! :)

Vash311 said:
I took the COMLEX yesterday and didn't think it was all that bad. Good luck and remember to breathe! :)
Speaking of relaxing can I drink coffee or water during testing??

haujun said:
Speaking of relaxing can I drink coffee or water during testing??
It's possible that this may vary (although doubtful) depending on each prometric center, but from all I've heard so far... and experiences of my own from last year w/ the prometric centers... you get NADA in the room with you! :rolleyes:

I just took COMLEX step II yesterday. I felt much better leaving step II compared to step I. All breaks and the 40 minute lunch were optional. Basically you can take as little of the break as you want. I took 5 minutes in the morning, 14 minutes at lunch, and 15 minutes in the afternoon. When I got back to my computer after the afternoon break it just had a pop up that said my 10 minute break was over...it still let me continue the test.
As far as questions - they were written a little more clearly than step I. I made a comment on one question b.c I had no idea what they were trying to ask. They used inappropriate tense for one of the verbs and it changed the meaning of the question. I agree with other posts that the questions sometimes seemed like there was not enough information to adequately figure out the answer. The matching questions were great, but some of the sets sucked! There were a few set questions where I had no idea what they were talking about, then they wanted me to answer 3 questions based on the 2 lines of information they gave me! I had about 20-30 questions from each 50 q block in the set format. OMM - most of it was easy. 1 question was a little confusing about diagnosis bc it was written in a very atypical way. 1 sacrum on my exam, 1 cranial, a few innominate, lumbar, 3-5 thoracic, about 5 ribs, 1 cervical, a decent amount about which treatment is contraindicated or indicated for a particular patient. Overall content - much less OB/peds than expected. Much less endocrine/lytes questions than expected. barely any surgery, a few ophtho and derm. more immunology than expected. much less traditional pharm than expected, but more toxicology than I would have liked. a lot of questions about inital test to order or confirmatory test to order. I did notice that certain question themes were repeated. I had 2 derm questions that were asking the same thing, 1 in block 2 and 1 in block 6. I also had 2 OMM questions giving similar situations and having the same answer.
Pictures - SUCKED!!!! They were very fuzzy and not in focus. EKGs were good. I had a CT that was so fuzzy I couldn't tell what type of bleed it was b.c the skull, blood, and parenchyma were all the same color and texture.
Study material - I used USMLEworld. it was MUCH MUCH harder than the COMLEX. I definitely think it helped me with the more difficult questions (well the 1 really difficult question), but COMLEX asks much more common questions than USMLEworld prepares you for. If you're like me and you use USMLEworld, you may spend so much time learning the difficult stuff on USMLEworld that you forget the easy/common stuff usually asked. I have to say that USMLEworld helped me on my last 2 rotations b.c I really knew what I was talking about and was able to impress some people. THe one book that was a life saver for me was CRUSH step 2. My friend let me borrow it the night before my test. I read about 90 pages on the topics I felt I needed the most work. There must have been 20-30 questions I would not have gotten if I hadn't read that book. It's a real quick read and it refreshes you on the basics. I highly recommend it for quick review. As far as OMM, whip out the Savarese and you'll do great.
Good luck to all!

i took usmle step 1 and did pretty descent. do you guys think i should take usmle2 in addition to comlex2?

for thosee who took both comlex and usmle step II did you check mark the USMLE transcript section when submiting your application/ since you dont really know what your score is yet??? any sugestions appreciated.

joseppi said:
for thosee who took both comlex and usmle step II did you check mark the USMLE transcript section when submiting your application/ since you dont really know what your score is yet??? any sugestions appreciated.
If I recall correctly you have to check the date that you took the exam... so they'll know you took it wether you release your scores or not. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I just think it's best to release them. What are you going to say when your interviewing at an allopathic program and they say, "Did you take the USMLE?"... "Ummm, yeah, but I didn't feel comfortable releasing them." Could get sticky! I'll be checking all the boxes even though I don't have all the scores in.

panabodian said:

My version of the test had an estimated 80-100 questions with content about OMM and not too many pictures (probably 6-10). As a previous poster stated, some of the pics were pretty poor. Unlike other posters, I'm not as confident about my performance on the test. Hopefully, I got through this hurdle.

Anyways, the questions were relatively straight forward, but as expected there a few doozies.

Wook

well the comlex is done for me.i think that it was much better written compared to step 1.i definitely feel like I passed after leaving. I do feel as some others do that there were some questions that were very vague or some that could have had more than one right answer.I thought that it was pretty strightforward. the OMM was no problem.I did really well on step 1 and i dont have that same "i conquered it" feeling like i did last year but i guess ill find out whenever the results are in.

this is what i studied
Read all the kaplan notes
First Aid step 2
Crush
B&W
Qbank
Saverese

gonna relax now and take usmle 2 on wednesday

Tomaro is my big day for step 2, it feels like the past 4 days ive been just sitting around and staring at teh ceiling.

I've done 100% of the kaplan questions with 65% correct, ranging lately from 65-90% (for the items i've seen alreadY)

Gonna sit and cram the nephrotic/neprhitic details, finalize the OMT/Counterstrain points, and review OB/peds one last time

Just got a call from my med school study buddy...who took this test today. He did very well on step 1 and said that step 2 was much worse than step 1. He said that none of the review books he used were terribly useful in the end. In fact, his comment to me was that I should skip anything that is bolded in review books b/c almost none of that was on the test. BTW: he took a month to study for step 2, so it isn't like he didn't prepare.

All I can say is that he has completely freaked me out! :eek:

DrMom said:
Just got a call from my med school study buddy...who took this test today. He did very well on step 1 and said that step 2 was much worse than step 1. He said that none of the review books he used were terribly useful in the end. In fact, his comment to me was that I should skip anything that is bolded in review books b/c almost none of that was on the test. BTW: he took a month to study for step 2, so it isn't like he didn't prepare.

DrMom:

As I mentioned in my previous post, I didn't feel that great about this exam myself. Don't take this exam lightly, but you'll get through it (i.e. don't get over confident about the ease of the exam).

Hang in there, study, and when its over, have a couple o' beers.

Wook

PS You'll probably do better than I did on the dang thing too!!

DrMom said:

Now you've completely freaked me out! :eek:

3 days to go!

wook said:
DrMom:

As I mentioned in my previous post, I didn't feel that great about this exam myself. Don't take this exam lightly, but you'll get through it (i.e. don't get over confident about the ease of the exam).

Hang in there, study, and when its over, have a couple o' beers.

Wook

PS You'll probably do better than I did on the dang thing too!!

Well, I'm gonna have to find time to study while I'm on a 2-month sub-I. I'm hoping that I can study enough. I've already done almost 400 questions, so I'm trying to pace myself.

Still freaked out, though.