Complete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

Mr. McDuck

So, I just mailed out my application and requested my transcripts and LORs sent to the school. Now all I can do is wait, I suppose. When they get everything and your application is "complete", do they send you an email or something? I'd hate to find out in December or something that I was rejected because I forgot to send something. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

You can email them and they will let you know very quickly what items are outstanding. Don't forget your MCAT score card.

Whoa, that's so early...isn't the deadline Nov 15th?

As for the MCAT score card, we can just print out a score report from MCAT Thx and mail it to them, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, they made the applications available, and I figured sending it off sooner rather than later couldn't hurt. So, I mailed it. But, yes, the deadline is Nov 15.

There's a specific score sheet that you have to print out. It has a special code on the score sheet that the school can use to verify with the MCAT people.

Yeah that is early. I didnt get my application in until Feb. 1st i think. I got accepted to Trinity so i guess its never too late, even the second deadline. Mind you my acceptance didnt come until early July.

Since we're on the subject of applying, I got really crappy grades in high school. My college GPA is excellent, and I have a ton of ECs, but I'm really uneasy about them seeing my high school grades. I think they may just ignore all the great stuff I've done now, 4 years out of high school. What do you think about sending a short statement about my grades in high school and the upward trend?

An upward trend is much better than a downward one...I'd much rather only show them my high school transcript, since it's not even a graduate-entry program...

Do you know if there's the possibility that some schools may introduce a GEP for 2007? (I know it's only RCSI for 2006) Would we be considered for acceptance (later) through ABP for those with undergrad degrees?

Me an MD??, what was your GPA and MCAT, if you don't mind me asking. :) Did you get into other Irish schools? Trinity doesn't look at MCAT, which worries me because I have a 32 MCAT but a 3.3 GPA...

So basically, I shouldn't worry, since I went from crap to excellent. I'm just paranoid, I guess.

Also, UCD has a graduate entry program. They sent me that email by mistake when I requested my application.

Yea, I can see it now on UCD Horizons...no details uploaded yet, however. Do you think they will consider ABP applicants for graduate-entry?

JediBookworm said:
Me an MD??, what was your GPA and MCAT, if you don't mind me asking. :) Did you get into other Irish schools? Trinity doesn't look at MCAT, which worries me because I have a 32 MCAT but a 3.3 GPA...

I had stats similar to yours and I got a place in UCD but not Trinity.

My Total 4 yr GPA was around 3.65 -3.7 and my MCAT score was 30 O. My GPA in my final year shot up a bit to 3.85 which i think helped alot because i was asked for my final transcript before i was accepted. I also had some ECs and good volunteer experience. I'm assuming that i got off of the waitlist due to my later acceptance.

I applied to a bunch of canadian schools and got nothing :( not even an interview. Can't complain now, Ireland will be a great international experience that most other students training in NA wont get.