*Comp. Neuro places*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gbv

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hiya folks!

havent posted here in a while. Very simply, for the more competitive Neuro. programs (not asking for a list I think we generally know which ones they are) what type of pre-clin, Step 1, and 3rd year grades tend to rule the day? Trust me, I've done a search and I pretty much just see "Top 10" lists. Obviously there's no hard and fast rules/cut-offs, but I'll be applying in the not-so-distant future, so I was wondering what type of ranges are seen (and what type of places to focus my selection). Obviously, matching anywhere in neuro is not difficult to do, so I was asking specifically for the more comp. places. Posting here would be great for everyone to see, but feel free to drop me a PM.

And THANKS very much in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

gbv said:
hiya folks!

havent posted here in a while. Very simply, for the more competitive Neuro. programs (not asking for a list I think we generally know which ones they are) what type of pre-clin, Step 1, and 3rd year grades tend to rule the day? Trust me, I've done a search and I pretty much just see "Top 10" lists. Obviously there's no hard and fast rules/cut-offs, but I'll be applying in the not-so-distant future, so I was wondering what type of ranges are seen (and what type of places to focus my selection). Obviously, matching anywhere in neuro is not difficult to do, so I was asking specifically for the more comp. places. Posting here would be great for everyone to see, but feel free to drop me a PM.

And THANKS very much in advance.

Good question. But people have asked this one for a long time with no real answers. Why is that? It's because your asking applicants on this message board who really have no idea. And so one guy could have gotten into columbia with a Step 1 of 200 while another didn't get in even though his score was 250.

A good gauge, I think, is to look at the residencies' criteria for IMG's (which are often much stricter than US students). And if you're in that ballpark then more than likely you'll get an interview.

Good luck

Methyldopa said:
Good question. But people have asked this one for a long time with no real answers. Why is that? It's because your asking applicants on this message board who really have no idea. And so one guy could have gotten into columbia with a Step 1 of 200 while another didn't get in even though his score was 250.

A good gauge, I think, is to look at the residencies' criteria for IMG's (which are often much stricter than US students). And if you're in that ballpark then more than likely you'll get an interview.

Good luck

hey--I appreciate the response Md. Thanks a lot.

Any other insights out there are more than welcome.