Medical Committee Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
My school packages every applicant's letters into a package and puts a generic cover letter on top of the package. Not really a committee letter, just a page saying that you completed the cover letter process. I missed the deadline to request this letter, so I probably will not have the cover letter on my letters of rec. Will not having this cover letter be a large red flag? If so, do you think it is worth it to take a gap year and get the cover letter next year?

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

People apply with all their ducks in a row including separate letters of rec but without some cover letter all the time. I think you will be fine and I certainly wouldn't waste a whole year due to absence of a piece of paper that isn't even at all necessary for an app to be processed.

It seems odd they put a deadline on this piece of paper. It doesn't seem that difficult to include regardless of time frame and all the process seems to do is potentially heighten neuroticism.

Members don't see this ad :)
My school packages every applicant's letters into a package and puts a generic cover letter on top of the package. Not really a committee letter, just a page saying that you completed the cover letter process. I missed the deadline to request this letter, so I probably will not have the cover letter on my letters of rec. Will not having this cover letter be a large red flag? If so, do you think it is worth it to take a gap year and get the cover letter next year?

— Experts please respond to this post —
definitely not a reason to do a gap year

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.