COMLEX Scores Tomorrow?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futuredoctr

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the news archives on the NBOME website and it appears scores should be released again this week, either Monday (hopefully), Tuesday, or Wednesday. That is, Scores from the 13th -to I pray the 22nd+.

Anyone else's thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Average score is 500. The SD is 100...So from there you can kind of figure out what is good and not good.

Members don't see this ad :)
well after further investigation, over 600 is apparently good. which means i'm good :)

not that it matters. i don't plan on applying to DO residencies but it's a nice backup.

I got a 597, should i be sad, happy, does anyone know where i stand, can i get specialties with that score? Thanks!!!

655 here, I still want to get one straight answer on the SD of the exam. The "percentile calculator" on the NBOME website only calculates based on 07 and 08 scores, and the most current info they have on the SD on their website is from 2005. I mean come on, 5 years??? I'm still happy because I think that 655 is good?????:)

655 here, I still want to get one straight answer on the SD of the exam. The "percentile calculator" on the NBOME website only calculates based on 07 and 08 scores, and the most current info they have on the SD on their website is from 2005. I mean come on, 5 years??? I'm still happy because I think that 655 is good?????:)

I am almost certain that the SD of the Comlex level 1 this year is 80 with a mean of 500.

518. Super happy, b/c I'm not the strongest test taker and most of my desired programs have 500 min.

Does anyone know what is an acceptable COMLEX score for a general Internal Medicine residency? How about a Neurology one? Family Practice?

Or better yet, is there a website that tells you what's the mean COMLEX score for each residency? Like the one that they have on First Aid with USMLE scores?

Baked chocolate chip cookies for those who have answers :love:

Does anyone know what is an acceptable COMLEX score for a general Internal Medicine residency? How about a Neurology one? Family Practice?

Or better yet, is there a website that tells you what's the mean COMLEX score for each residency? Like the one that they have on First Aid with USMLE scores?

I am wondering the same thing? I got my scores yesterday... :) VERY happy- but now I am confused as to what it even means! I thought it was a difficult exam, walked out thinking i blew it, and ended up in the 95th percentile, so you never know!

Members don't see this ad :)

i think u should e-mail programs and ask them directly...

I emailed dozens of programs in PM&R, Neuro, Pscyh, GAS, and IM. The responses varied, but overall it really depends on what you want. I got out of academics on purpose, and have no desire to go back. So, I don't want a big name, high-powered place. I want a place that has a good energy, happy residents, skilled docs, and isn't in the middle of nowhere. So, the programs that responded positively to my inquiry were exactly that.

If you want bigger names, you either need a much better COMLEX score than mine and/or USMLE scores. I definitely had programs say they required/preferred them, but not enough to convince to take the USMLE.

PM me if you have more specific questions.

:laugh:

Scores are up!!

Why didn't NBOME update their website? It shows that the last scores were released on july 15 for exams up to june 13. When did you guys take your test? I took mine July 13 and I'm hoping for a score soon....

Why didn't NBOME update their website? It shows that the last scores were released on july 15 for exams up to june 13. When did you guys take your test? I took mine July 13 and I'm hoping for a score soon....

Yeah, I'm a bit puzzled as to why NBOME didn't update their website to indicate the latest release of Level 1. Oh well. Doesn't matter, I suppose.

Anybody have any idea when scores for July 13th will be released? I hope sometime this week.

Yeah, I'm a bit puzzled as to why NBOME didn't update their website to indicate the latest release of Level 1. Oh well. Doesn't matter, I suppose.

Anybody have any idea when scores for July 13th will be released? I hope sometime this week.

Ah I was about to ask if you passed. I guess that gives me the answer. I'm still waiting too but I took the exam 1 week after you. I'm so nervous.

Ah I was about to ask if you passed. I guess that gives me the answer. I'm still waiting too but I took the exam 1 week after you. I'm so nervous.

Yeah, I'm pretty nervous, too. It's generally my first thought in the morning, to see if scores were released. I hope the scores come out soon and that we both passed, at the very least.

I'm hoping they update the scores tonight. Does anyone know if they upload scores around midnight? Do they only update once a week?? Having more info would make the wait more tolerable.

I'm starting to get the feeling that scores from the 7-13 might not come back until next week. Here's my theory...most people have been getting their scores released on a Wed four wks after their test date. However, there was an over 2 week period from June 26th to July 13th where they didn't even offer the test, so I'm guessing those extra two weeks are built into our wait. I'm hoping I'm wrong though, and that we get them in a day or two...:xf:

so what the hell is that 2 weeks for? so they can take a nice vacation while we sit here and suffer waiting almost 6 weeks now!!! maybe they are throwing out some of those horribly written questions!

I've been checking the site for my score obsessively for the past week. Took it July 13 and got the score this evening at about 645 pm. PASSED! Not as good as I wanted but at least I did it! Bugs and drugs not my strong suit LOL

I'm very glad they didn't make us wait 6 weeks. What a great way to kick off the weekend - gotta love my OMM rotation! :D