Comlex Qbank vs. USMLE Qbank similar?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I recently bought a set of USMLE Step I books and was told that the COMLEX books and other materials (QBook) were almost the same. What about the Qbank for COMLEX? If I'm already getting the USMLE version of QBank, do you think it's worth getting the COMLEX version too?

Toast

Members don't see this ad.

the question is are they really that different, besides the omm question, are the questions just repeats of usnle q bank, thanks what i think but i too would like to know, cuz im gonna take step 2 soon and i wana know if i should get both, thanks

Yeah, that's exactly what I would like to know. Compared to the USMLE Q bank, does the COMLEX Q bank have different questions or are they the same questions from the USMLE Qbank question pool w/ addition to OMM questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
for some bizarre reason Kaplan only includes 1000 questions on the comlex qbank and 2000 questions on the usmle qbank. Why would that be? You would think with the extra omm questions the number of questions in the comlex qbank would outnumber the number in the usmle qbank.

Kaplan came to my school and said that the questions aren't repeated at all. They are two separate sets of questions. I hope this helps.

2 seperate sets.

QBank is:

- more clinical in nature...rarely just straight answer questions

- has less basic biochem and anatomy (they focus a little more on the the stuff that is actually useful)

- Has OMM

Originally posted by community
Kaplan came to my school and said that the questions aren't repeated at all. They are two separate sets of questions. I hope this helps.

This is NOT true, according to my Kaplan source. The COMLEX Q's are repeats, except for the OMM questions. Has anyone seen both sets?

Hey all, thanks for responding.. I posted this question mainly because I noticed that the COMLEX practice exam given at my school closely resembled the USMLE rather than the actual COMLEX format which has matching, etc. From what I've heard, it seems like the question format is "choose the best answer" for most of the questions and I'm not sure if they have the matching sections seen in the actual COMLEX. Does anyone know how the questions are asked on the COMLEX Qbank?