COMLEX level 1 score, no USMLE, what residencies are open?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
its interesting that people consider a 210 usmle bad when >50% of DOs who take usmle score less than a 230.

It depends more on perspective from what type of student you are. An IMG may consider a 220 a poor score for general surgery, and rightly so when you look at the IMG match profile for general surgery. They need a much higher score than their MD counterparts. A US MD 220 step 1 is around a 90% match rate for general surgery while its like a 30% match rate for the same score as an IMG.

Even for us DOs, a 220 usmle step 1 will open a good amount of doors that were otherwise closed. It won't help for top specialties like derm, but for the non super competitive ones, it definitely helps.

Members don't see this ad.

I wonder why is that! If someone can score 500+ in COMLEX, I assume that student can at least get 210+ in step1, which is not a terrible score for gas these days... I don't get why PDs are so obsessed about step1...

I definitely would not say a 500 COMLEX is equivalent to a 210 USMLE score...