Comlex level 1 2010 experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr1216

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just realized that we haven't gotten one started year (at least I didn't find one with the search). So, for those of you who have taken it already, please share your experiences (subject break down, types of questions, what resources you used and would recommend , additional advice, etc).

Congratulations on being done!

Members don't see this ad.

Me! I took it on the 18th also.

I havent thought of the test much until lately, I cant hardly remember anything that was asked. All I remember about it is it felt like a GI exam with some viscerosomatics thrown in. Is it normal not to remember anything about it. :thumbup: :thumbdown: :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am waiting too...garbage.

On a side note, I felt the USMLE had more straight forward questions that the COMLEX and a ton of anatomy that I wouldn't have looked at if it werent for OMM.

Lots of my friends at school said they did better on the Usmle than the Comlex....i'm interested to see my score now haha

Hey guys,
After pushing back my test from June 1 to July 20, my time is finally drawing near. I have gone through first aid about 5 times, read brs phys, goljans path and biochem books, listened to goljan audio a few tomes through, finished uworld, and read savarese. Used flashcards for pharm, micro, and path, but not as often as I should have.
I took my first COMSAE today, form A. I felt like overall the questions were very easy compared to what I had seen in uworld. I ended up with a 492 this morning on the comsae, which made me feel confident going into the COMLEX that I should pass. Several of my classmates have said that their COMLEX scores ended up about 50-80 points higher than their comsae's, and if that were the case, I would be thrilled!
Anybody else that took comsae a and have anything to share about it as far as being a predictor for the real thing?
Thanks guys, and good luck to all!:)

Read bugs and drugs and the green omt book from here on out.:luck:

thanks diver doc, today im just going through some difficult concepts in FA, and then read highlights in Savarese. Tomorrow is just flashcards in the morning and the rest of the day off.

is the next batch of scores coming out tomorrow? (2 wks from the last release)?

your guess is probably as good as anyone's. looks like step 2 pe scores were just released less than an hour ago, if the "4pm" release date published on nbome's website is accurate. sure hope so tho.

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't a recent release come out at like 7 pm?

Regardless, I really hope they get released today. Or at the very least, by Friday evening.

i think if scores are up, they are usually up by 7 pm latest...

if the scoring schedule follows the '2 weeks from last release' and 'wednesday evening release' rumors , then we should see scores today...on the other hand, they say 4-6 weeks. i took mine on tuesday the 22nd, so this is smack on 4 weeks, and i think they had released up until the 10th or so with the last batch, so its been roughly 4 weeks or 5 weeks for those that took the test. meaning there is some wiggle room if they decide to push it up to next wednesday, it would be ~ 5 weeks for me and ~ 6 weeks for ppl who took it the week before.

I was June 14th.. its been 5.5 weeks... the next batch has got to be some time this week.

You know they don't HAVE to release in 6 weeks, right?
That said my guess is by Friday. Maybe by tonight.

They have to release before end of this month, as you must past the COMLEX to start rotations at my school and majority of people in my class still don't have their scores.

There are times during the day when I forget that I even took the darned COMLEX. Maybe that's the strategy? Eventually, when you get the score, it's no big deal of what you got, you're just happy it's finally here.

... or not. HA... :laugh:

I couldnt remember my username and password so I called NBOME to get it and asked them about a score release while I was at it. She said we should definitely expect scores soon, at the end of the week being the latest. She also said it would include scores through very early July.

You know they don't HAVE to release in 6 weeks, right?
That said my guess is by Friday. Maybe by tonight.

Obviously they don't HAVE to do anything. Would just be kinda ridiculous if they surpassed 6 weeks. I mean gosh, they've released the PE scores already for later...

We're talking about a COMPUTERIZED exam here... raw score is instant. Should take a week to delete horrible questions. Another week to normalize. And maybe a few more days to look over everything again.

FYI: I just called the office, and they told me they can't tell me anything about the date of release as it is confidential info...I also inquired about the time of release, and they said it was anytime during normal business hours which are 8:30am - 4:30pm Central Standard Time... Happy score checking and good luck to everyone!!

FYI: I just called the office, and they told me they can't tell me anything about the date of release as it is confidential info...I also inquired about the time of release, and they said it was anytime during normal business hours which are 8:30am - 4:30pm Central Standard Time... Happy score checking and good luck to everyone!!

It was cool of you to call, and to post an update!

I really should learn not to stress over things I can't change, like my test score after I've taken the test and before I know the score...and yet....

its strange that they told other people on here to expect scores this week, i called this morning and they told me there is no gaurantee or certainty for this week or next week, and that it's just '4-6' weeks, etc.

its strange that they told other people on here to expect scores this week, i called this morning and they told me there is no gaurantee or certainty for this week or next week, and that it's just '4-6' weeks, etc.

Just depends on who you talk to I guess. I'm sure the standard position is "it's classified information", or that person just didn't know. The other thought is that those who said "by the end of the week" When ppl called were full of it. :p

Leave it to a medical student to try to analyze the situation, but I cant understand why on a computer multiple-choice exam it would take a full 6 weeks to produce a score.

Leave it to a medical student to try to analyze the situation, but I cant understand why on a computer multiple-choice exam it would take a full 6 weeks to produce a score.

maybe it has something to do with which questions people perform most poorly on , and they then choose to drop? ( ive heard this happens ), or also they may need a larger number of exams to determine a fair 'curve' for which qualifies as passing? i've also heard that a passing score of 400 is just a cut and dry 200 questions correct....it's all really speculation at this point.

I took it June 17, and it has been 5 weeks since then. They have released scores up thru June 10 (if I'm not mistaken), so that is a full 6 WEEKS for anyone that took it June 11.
So give us our scores already!

I wonder how many of the world's best statisticians they must have working on these results for them to be taking soooo long :eek:

So I took USMLE a week before COMLEX, and on USMLE they reported urine levels all solutes as random urines, and on COMLEX for some reason they had all 24 hour urines. So on COMLEX all the urines had xx mg/day or something like that. Anyway, I thought all of the patients were concentrating the hell out of their urine, thus they all had SIADH. Well about 5 sections in I realized it was 24-hr urines and all the patients in fact did not have SIADH, and all of the hypothetical DOs in the cases were getting 24-hr urines on every patient they had. Well so much for aiming for 650 ;).

I took it June 17, and it has been 5 weeks since then. They have released scores up thru June 10 (if I'm not mistaken), so that is a full 6 WEEKS for anyone that took it June 11.
So give us our scores already!

I figured out why it takes 6 weeks for an electronic test to be graded, they misplaced their Ouija board that they use to contact AT Still with for our grades. Perhaps if we did some cranial on them it would help…..

I figured out why it takes 6 weeks for an electronic test to be graded, they misplaced their Ouija board that they use to contact AT Still with for our grades. Perhaps if we did some cranial on them it would help…..
:laugh: Awesome post!

Just called up NBOME asking about when the scores will be released, and the woman who picked up said that the scores will be released sometime today before the end of their office hours. Hopefully she's right! Good luck everyone :xf:

Just called up NBOME asking about when the scores will be released, and the woman who picked up said that the scores will be released sometime today before the end of their office hours. Hopefully she's right! Good luck everyone :xf:

Yup the lady told me the same thing...will be released by or before 4:30pm CST

I believe that more than that the scores will be out today.