Coming out of the closet!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clair de Lune

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an MSIII that has finally decided (after months of deliberating on the wards) that I am doing path. I love pathology and I've really liked every pathologist I've ever met. :love: I've been reading these boards for a long time without ever posting, so I just wanted to introduce myself. I am really excited about being almost finished with this third-year nonsense, especially after hearing all the great stories and advice all of you have given. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for helping me get through this year and know that there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I go through my 4th year and the match process, so I hope ya'll don't get annoyed with me! Thanks again & it's really nice to finally meet all of you. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Clair!! Welcome! I will be applying for path this next year as well, so maybe we will meet up on the interview trail!

:thumbup:

I thought you had posted before though.

You're lucky. I haven't liked every pathologist I've ever met!

Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome to our wacky world. :D

Congrats for being almost done with M3 year.

:D ya'll are great!

7 weeks of surgery left, then I'm done with MS3! Thank God! I'm just going to keep showing up on time and keep my mouth shut as much as possible & hope the rest of this rotation goes by quickly.

Oh, I meant this was the first time I posted on pathology, I think. I don't know, maybe I did before but it must have been a long time ago. Whatever, I think being on surgery is making me crazy :p

Clair de Lune said:
:D ya'll are great!

7 weeks of surgery left, then I'm done with MS3! Thank God! I'm just going to keep showing up on time and keep my mouth shut as much as possible & hope the rest of this rotation goes by quickly.
Exactly!
Just show up on time.
Smile. Nod.
Read the board quickly without hesitation. Don't be like: T is 100.9, wow that's kinda high I wonder what is going on, BP is 94/78 oh my god should we do something about this....
Next, retract and cut sutures well.
Knot tying skillz...optional.

Med school sucks. I should count out how many weeks of rotations I have left. Probably about 50. Ugh.

yaah said:
"Yes! I'd be happy to!"
and of course, there's yaah's favorite:

"and would you like a handjob with that, sir?"

ok ok, that was a bit too much. carry on.

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh: Yes, surgery definitely stinks. I hate how we're expected to suck up & all of our actions for every second of the day have to be accounted for. The other day I actually had to ask if it was OK if I went to the bathroom! 7 more weeks...I really hope I can get through this without becoming bitter/depressed!!

Clair de Lune said:
:laugh: Yes, surgery definitely stinks. I hate how we're expected to suck up & all of our actions for every second of the day have to be accounted for. The other day I actually had to ask if it was OK if I went to the bathroom! 7 more weeks...I really hope I can get through this without becoming bitter/depressed!!
I thought medicine was worse though. At least you're done with that piece of dung rotation :thumbup:

Clair de Lune said:

Welcome clair de lune!
It is a really nice name!...i can empathise with you though it was LONGGGGGGG time ago that i did such crap. :) And asking if it was ok if you went to bathroom????.........man that must feel miserable! though it does bring back memories of a similar nature!
Hope we ll bump into each other on the interview trail!
Quant

quant said:
Welcome clair de lune!
It is a really nice name!...i can empathise with you though it was LONGGGGGGG time ago that i did such crap. :) And asking if it was ok if you went to bathroom????.........man that must feel miserable! though it does bring back memories of a similar nature!
Hope we ll bump into each other on the interview trail!
Quant
I think the name refers to a song by the composer Claude Debussy.

Anyways...I felt like an old fart. Damn, then there's quant :laugh:

AndyMilonakis said:
I thought medicine was worse though. At least you're done with that piece of dung rotation :thumbup:

I think medicine is the worst!.....you sit and yap yap yap yap.......do a silly test and yap more,
and finally say
"That is it, im sorry, Mrs So and so, we can t do anything more since we have yapped to our limit..."

AndyMilonakis said:
I think the name refers to a song by the composer Claude Debussy.

Anyways...I felt like an old fart. Damn, then there's quant :laugh:

Quirk of fate, my friend.....A simple quirk of fate.....

But then they say " Age is a state of mind....you are as old as you think you are...."

And trust me when i say i dont feel a day over 18!

So you can' t get me down on my age.......i refuse to be down, i simply refuse!

quant said:
Quirk of fate, my friend.....A simple quirk of fate.....

But then they say " Age is a state of mind....you are as old as you think you are...."

And trust me when i say i dont feel a day over 18!

So you can' t get me down on my age.......i refuse to be down, i simply refuse!
i'm just messin dude. i think our age is not that far apart. Shoot, I'll be turning 29 this November...I'm not that far behind ya :)

AndyMilonakis said:
i'm just messin dude. i think our age is not that far apart. Shoot, I'll be turning 29 this November...I'm not that far behind ya :)

:laugh:
I know you were messin.....you are there yourself buddy, but guys like me can provide motivation .....for me its Brian Pavlovitz who s the motivation!!!

* runs away from brian!............*

quant said:
I know you were messin.....you are there yourself buddy, but guys like me can provide motivation .....for me its Brian Pavlovitz who s the motivation!!!

motivation for what? having to up the dose of metamucil from QD from BID?

bananaface said:
That's not an upped dose. That's a dosing regimen with increased dosing frequency. :laugh:

I'll let you slide if you claimed you meant to say "daily dose".
oh shut up. :laugh:

bananaface said:
That's not an upped dose. That's a dosing regimen with increased dosing frequency. :laugh:

I'll let you slide if you claimed you meant to say "daily dose".

holy moley.......

I pity the poor sods of doctors who send you the prescriptions!

Well i pity any doctor for that matter..... :laugh:

AndyMilonakis said:
motivation for what? having to up the dose of metamucil from QD from BID?

Thankfully it is still cool runnings at the rear end.....

I meant the beer belly and the grey hair

bananaface said:
Don't make me correct you too! I can!

I m sure you can ..... you sound very good at the stuff you do banana....

except that i m least interested in writing prescriptions!!!

Ha.....i wont be caught by you!

quant said:
Thankfully it is still cool runnings at the rear end.....

I meant the beer belly and the grey hair
whatever hemorrhoid boy.

I know they can go lots of places! I just didn't think it was technically called a suppository. Oh well, I am pwned.
Today's tally:
Banana 2 yaah 1

Clair de Lune said:
I'm an MSIII that has finally decided (after months of deliberating on the wards) that I am doing path. I love pathology and I've really liked every pathologist I've ever met. :love: I've been reading these boards for a long time without ever posting, so I just wanted to introduce myself. I am really excited about being almost finished with this third-year nonsense, especially after hearing all the great stories and advice all of you have given. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for helping me get through this year and know that there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I go through my 4th year and the match process, so I hope ya'll don't get annoyed with me! Thanks again & it's really nice to finally meet all of you. :luck:

Welcome, Clair de Lune! Your third year will be over soon enough; I still have 4 weeks of psych AND 6 glorious weeks of OB/GYN left to suffer through. :mad:

quant said:

HEY!! ;)

bananaface said:
Will it make you feel better if I say stupid things about pathology and let you pwn me? I can play switch.

That would make me feel better. Say something like "S100 can differentiate between metastatic melanoma and a sarcoma."

yaah said:
That would make me feel better. Say something like "S100 can differentiate between metastatic melanoma and a sarcoma."
or you can say "S100 can suck on mah balls!"

AndyMilonakis said:
Run away! RUN AWAYYYYYYY!

Have i been that harsh on you today???? :laugh: :laugh:

yaah said:
Please explain the phisiological reason for GI tract irritation following the ingestion of spicy food without saying "pacman". I'm so clueless. *flutters eyelashes*

How is that?

quant said:
Have i been that harsh on you today???? :laugh: :laugh:
'tis but a flesh wound...i've had worse.

people been giving me **** left and right recently...i'm getting used to it.

Bring it bitch! :laugh: