Columbia-Bassett vs. Yale (vs. UChicago and Tufts/BU/UVA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

popcornpup

Reaction score
Decided!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums and congratulations!

Remove the "prestige" argument. You get to choose a big-league team to play with for two years (when you are all together for preclinicals).

Info about Columbia-Bassett

In other words, you won't be in the heart of Manhattan all the time, and you'll mostly be in Cooperstown. Maybe you can ask about support to help you with your ADHD diagnosis, but I think the combination of a lower overall debt number and a less hectic lifestyle similar possibly to living in New Haven (probably nicer)... that's hard for me to turn down if community medicine is really your purpose.

Welcome to the forums and congratulations!

Remove the "prestige" argument. You get to choose a big-league team to play with for two years (when you are all together for preclinicals).

Info about Columbia-Bassett

In other words, you won't be in the heart of Manhattan all the time, and you'll mostly be in Cooperstown. Maybe you can ask about support to help you with your ADHD diagnosis, but I think the combination of a lower overall debt number and a less hectic lifestyle similar possibly to living in New Haven (probably nicer)... that's hard for me to turn down if community medicine is really your purpose.
Thank you for your feedback! For the Bassett program, I would be in Manhattan for all but 3rd year. I just want to clarify about your last sentence--you're saying that Columbia-Bassett would be hard to turn down given the lower debt?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your feedback! For the Bassett program, I would be in Manhattan for all but 3rd year. I just want to clarify about your last sentence--you're saying that Columbia-Bassett would be hard to turn down given the lower debt?
Thanks for clarifying. You know your health better than anyone so a place without distractions may help you. I do think any option to come out with low debt, the strong lifetime support of colleagues, and the foot in the door of a career journey you will love... those are hard to turn down. If you do end up in Manhattan for a couple of years, if it isn't too distracting.

Columbia is cheaper and seems more aligned with your goals, so it's the clear winner to me. Don't underestimate the impact of debt.