Columbia 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have information about housing???

Which are the best options for MPH students???

I would like to rent a studio or 1 bedroom but... couples have priority.

As an international student I also have the possibility of applying for the International House. Any reference?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I too was deciding between Yale and Columbia (for Health policy) and after visiting both this week, I am pretty set on Columbia.

One thing I was unaware of (not sure if you guys did know) is that the Columbia MPH is done over only 3 semesters, so its 1.5 years long. That may offset the cost of attendance vs. other universities? I haven't looked into it too deeply.

Re: MPH2010Columbia, I met with a very cool professor in Epi who is doing great stuff in urbanism and the built environment (specifically in nutrition/ obesity, which is my interest). His name is Andrew Rundle. I'd suggest meeting with him if you visit.. his group is doing really really interesting things.

Hi guys,

I too was deciding between Yale and Columbia (for Health policy) and after visiting both this week, I am pretty set on Columbia.

One thing I was unaware of (not sure if you guys did know) is that the Columbia MPH is done over only 3 semesters, so its 1.5 years long. That may offset the cost of attendance vs. other universities? I haven't looked into it too deeply.

Re: MPH2010Columbia, I met with a very cool professor in Epi who is doing great stuff in urbanism and the built environment (specifically in nutrition/ obesity, which is my interest). His name is Andrew Rundle. I'd suggest meeting with him if you visit.. his group is doing really really interesting things.

Do you know if all tracks for Columbia's MPH are done over 3 semesters? From what I could tell on the Mailman website it looks like 4 full semesters over 2 years??? I like your way better!

Members don't see this ad :)
One thing I was unaware of (not sure if you guys did know) is that the Columbia MPH is done over only 3 semesters, so its 1.5 years long.

As I read on Columbia's web site, it's theoretically possible to do it in 1 1/2 years if courses are chosen carefully, but the duration is generally 2 years. The exception is the General Public Health track - for those with MD's, etc. - which is 1 year.

Has anyone called the office lately (for those who havent heard back anything)? I have been trying to call and keep getting a recording. I still havent heard anything and I am getting abit worried now since it seems like alot of people have heard back this week.

I met with the Academic coordinator for Health Policy (my track) and she showed me the course breakdown. She was very clear that it was done over 3 semesters and that 95% of students complete it this way. There is a practicum/internship requirement which you do the summer after first year.

It may be different for the other tracks though.

I met with the Academic coordinator for Health Policy (my track) and she showed me the course breakdown. She was very clear that it was done over 3 semesters and that 95% of students complete it this way. There is a practicum/internship requirement which you do the summer after first year.

OK, I had seen the information given on other tracks which encouraged students to take 2 years to complete their work. So, it seems that not all tracks are the same.

I tried to search the 1000 Columbia posts, but did not see this posted anywhere else. :)

I received an email today from a prof in the Epi dept wanting a time that they can call me on the phone to discuss my application.

I've already been accepted... did anyone else get this e-mail? Curious because the letter seemed somewhat generalized "dear applicant..." so maybe some other people on here received it as well. Does anyone have a guess as to what this is regarding? Kind of freaking out about it....what do they want? :confused:

I tried to search the 1000 Columbia posts, but did not see this posted anywhere else. :)

I received an email today from a prof in the Epi dept wanting a time that they can call me on the phone to discuss my application.

I've already been accepted... did anyone else get this e-mail? Curious because the letter seemed somewhat generalized "dear applicant..." so maybe some other people on here received it as well. Does anyone have a guess as to what this is regarding? Kind of freaking out about it....what do they want? :confused:

Psh...if you're accepted already don't sweat it. Take the opportunity to get some face time with a prof!

any one going to the april 9th visit day?

would you have any idea of getting hotels in the area because i'm flying in from California and looking at hotel prices...man they're pretty steep. any help would be appreciated!

any one going to the april 9th visit day?

would you have any idea of getting hotels in the area because i'm flying in from California and looking at hotel prices...man they're pretty steep. any help would be appreciated!

I haven't decided if I will go to the visit day or not, but if I do it will be the 9th. Look at hostels instead of hotels. I found some reasonably priced hostels and they look nice. You share a room with another person, but I have stayed in hostels with 12 other strangers and its not a big deal. They usually have a place for you to lock up things like your computer. A hostel will definitely save you money.

Wow, it's a party in here! Congrats to all those accepted and luck, luck, luck to those waiting.

Indeed, I am a former Columbia MPHer who's still affiliated with the institution. SMS Urbanism, FTW. :) So, happy to answer any questions that you want to post from this point forward or send via PM. PM is best, since I probably can't keep uber close tabs on this thread. I'll also try to go back and answer stuff that's already been posted in one big post.

FWIW, generally perusing the thread, I would say that even though the Yale name is lovely (even more so if they've given you a great scholarship), Columbia is hard to beat as a school of public health. Beyond rankings, Mailman is of the same caliber as any of the best SPHs in the US. While Yale has some wonderful programs, and they're certainly on the rise, I didn't feel that way about their SPH when I applied. Again, I went to Columbia, so one of the Yalie's here can give you the inside track. :thumbup:

Finally, every SPH has its problems. And, I'm happy to candidly discuss those of the Mailman here.

Hi premad!

I was accepted to SMS in the Sexuality and Health track. I'd LOVE to go to Columbia, but I'm having a hard time justifying the hefty price tag right now. Anyway, can you tell me a bit about your experience in the SMS dept.? From what I've read, the interdisciplinarity of the department seems pretty distinctive in comparison to other programs (i.e. Health Behavior and Health Education, which I'm considering at Michigan). Have you found this to be true? And, if you don't mind answering this, how did you work around the outrageous tuition? Loans? Scholarships?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got into the mph for epi ...

The con for me right now is the $100,000 bill

Yes, it is too, too expensive. Try to figure out if they have money for you, go somewhere that has given you money, or settle in with your cans of beans and hefty repayments. The degree can be financially worth it, but you have to know what the salaries for your likely field will be and think carefully. I was ready for the cans of beans, but I think many of my classmates felt, well, hoodwinked?

Calling premad! Premad went to/is going to Mailman and offered to answer any questions.

:hello:

I agree, but you are paying for the name of the school as well... I too am annoyed that I havent found out ANYTHING about scholarships from any schools, just the fact that I was accepted. I heard that columbia is doesn't give out as much aid as other schools? Can anyone confirm if this is correct or not? Because if it's need-based and off of our parent's income...I don't know if I will qualify even though they wont help pay for the school

Even if they gave me a scholarship, I don't think it would be more than 5K. The texas scholarship too was measly at $1500. Any idea if the program can be done in 1.5 years? That would at least bring down the living expense a bit.

Waiting eagerly for next week...

Columbia doesn't give lots of money. UMich does, Hopkins is pretty good, but Columbia is bad. They're getting better, and they do have some good scholarships to give. If you have money from another school, try to leverage it (politely). And, badger the financial aid office if you haven't heard and it's getting close to the time where you need to make a decision. Again, politely. Also, talk to your department to see if they've given out their scholarships, if you're a contender, and continue to emphasize that it's your top choice (if true). They do have some money, but you might have to ask.

does anyone know how to find apartments or housing in the neighborhoods around? like what neighborhoods are ok and what's average rent like? where do most of the grad students live, etc etc? THANKS!

WaHi and Inwood are great neighborhoods. Definitely affordable, with enough fun to keep you busy. You'll meet lots of wonderful people at Mailman, so they definitely keep it interesting. Apply for student housing and then shop on Craigslist and in the Columbia off campus housing database.

The great thing about NYC is that you really don't have to live close by to get to school. Columbia's SPH is right off the subway, so you could live pretty much anywhere an commute. If you really want to live close by, that neighborhood is ok, though it can get pretty dead at night. Check Craigslist for Washington Heights/Inwood. I also lived at International House by Columbia's main campus a few years ago. I would definitely look into them if you're doing the Global Health track, it was a great deal. That neighborhood was really fun, and just a 10 minute subway ride away.

The MTA has actually made this formerly true statement largely invalid. :laugh: You can try living anywhere you want, but you will be grizzled, late, etc. I would stay in Inwood/WaHi/Hamilton Heights/Morningside/Harlem/UWS, or maybe Mid-Town West, unless you have a sweet apartment deal set up for you somewhere.

Are all International House students in the global health track? I'm thinking about applying, but I would be in a mangement track for health policy and management. Thanks!!

International House is near the main campus, so I think it's a mix of students from different programs. Definitely not where most global health track students will live, I don't think most international students from Mailman live there either.

I was accepted into both Columbia and Yale for the healthcare policy program. I'm really leaning towards Columbia, but family friends etc. are all pushing me towards Yale.

How do you think the 2 programs compare to each other? Academic, alumni/connections, and reputation wise...

I am having the same dilemma (but with the biostats/epi program) of deciding between Columbia and Yale. Friends and family are pushing me towards Yale b/c it has a better overall name, but at the same time my fam is pushing Columbia since I'm from NYC and ultimately am going to settle there after grad school. My main concern are the job prospects after graduation. Any input is appreciated!

Columbia, FTW. :laugh: Ok, a more fair answer is that I do not know the intricate details of HPM at Yale. HPM at Columbia is wonderful. Sherry Glied and Micheal Sparer are brilliant, there are lots of other great faculty, and you can work in classes from the B-School or SIPA. HPM-wise, the school has a great network in NYC, and pretty good in DC and Atlanta. But, it all depends on what you want to do, what faculty you like, and where you think you can do that best. Reputation only gets you so far.

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted to Columbia. I am a long time lurker and decided to join today yay!!!

Columbia is my first choice and I applied to the Urbanism and Build Environment Track. I was wonder has anyone heard back from Columbia that applied for this track. Secondly, does anyone know how many people apply to this track and are accepted? Is this a very popular track? I am so nervous, I REALLY want to go to Columbia. I just want to know already urgggggggg:(

Have you heard back yet? Urbanism is great, but they've gone through some major changes, which might be slowing them down. Also, the track is very, very small. Something like 10-15 maximum, where a track like Health Promotion might get up to 50.

congratulations to everyone! got my email on tuesday and am ecstatic. anyone else in here doing dept. of sociomedical sciences? if so, which track?

haven't received e-mail yet on accepted students days.. so march 26th or april 9th are our choices? also, spoke to someone today and was told that aid applications would be up on the website "very soon"...that could mean next week, but i wouldn't worry if you haven't heard about your scholarships yet.

does anyone know how to inquire about graduate research assistantships or becoming a ta? do i contact my dept. head for this?

TA/GRA stuff is usually found after you enroll, but definitely contact your department and make a list of profs that you'd like to work with. Then, you can contact them to see if they have positions. Some departments are good at helping out to find placements, others are less so.

Columbia wants a reply (with $500) by April 15. If they haven't even made their scholarship forms available (let alone scholarship decisions), how do they expect us to decide by that time?

I've heard from all the 10 unis I applied to (8 acceptances) and I think I want Columbia but I still need to work out the costs and other things!

Does Columbia offer jobs on campus (to international students) with a full time General Public Health (1 year) MPH?

Thanks and happy deciding!

You can ask them if they will post-pone your reply date a bit, giving the reason that you're waiting on scholarships from them/other places.

On-campus jobs are definitely available for international students, but I don't know GPH sorts that out. You can definitely just apply to jobs that interest you.

Does anyone know what the class schedule is like at Columbia for the 2 year full time MPH program? Any clue if it's generally organized as class 5 days a week...?

Hi guys,

Andrew Rundle is awesome. Naa Oyo Kwate is also doing amazing stuff, as are others. The new NYC Health Commissioner is also a big built environment guy who came from NOLA.

Y'all have gotten this sorted already, but, yes: Most People: 2 years. HPM: 1.5 years. GPH/Weird Med Students: 1 year. Dual Degree: 3 years.

Also, you can always condense. In your last semester, you'll have very few credits to complete and maybe a thesis to write, if you've taken a full load for the other semesters. So, you can either try to do 1.5 years, or do a light last semester where you work more hours and search for jobs.

You'll likely have classes anywhere for 2 days, 3 days, or 4 days per week. Few classes on Fri, besides the executive MPH, so that's often a good day to put in lots of internship/work hours. Definitely work during your time at Mailman, it will make everything more relevant, cash is good, and it's a great way to get a foot in the door for the job following graduation.

Goodluck :)

Hi premad!

I was accepted to SMS in the Sexuality and Health track. I'd LOVE to go to Columbia, but I'm having a hard time justifying the hefty price tag right now. Anyway, can you tell me a bit about your experience in the SMS dept.? From what I've read, the interdisciplinarity of the department seems pretty distinctive in comparison to other programs (i.e. Health Behavior and Health Education, which I'm considering at Michigan). Have you found this to be true? And, if you don't mind answering this, how did you work around the outrageous tuition? Loans? Scholarships?

Thanks in advance!

Hey! So, yeah, the price is sad. I almost went to the same program at Michigan as well. Michigan gave me a full-ride, but Columbia eventually announced that they would give me 1/2. I was in close contact with the finaid office, telling them that Columbia was where I wanted to be, but that I had other money, could they do anything, etc. I would also be in touch with the department, and the track coordinators to see what they say. So, I had scholarship, but the rest was a whole lot of loans, which are painful to pay back. But, I did figure that I would likely be in NY after graduation, and so the network that I'd built at Mich would be not so helpful in finding a job. I would talk more with Mich about what their grad do after the program, and see if their placements match up to your interests. For me, the 1/2 loans were definitely worth it, because I have a great job at Mailman now that is a definitely salary and benefits increase over what I did before Mailman. But, the economy has definitely affected how difficult it is to find a job...it's much harder now, so I would be a bit more debt-averse. Not much more, because things are certainly better, but just be fully comfortable with whatever you decide.

As a department, SMS is pretty great. There is so much there, and I didn't even feel limited to just that department, but took additional classes in PopFam, BioStat, and other schools at Columbia. Within the department we have Urbanism (super unique), Health Promotion (your bread and butter, more conventional), Research (great track directors), Aging (Dean Fried's passion), History & Ethics (very interesting profs), and then lots of other faculty who have interests crossing these boundaries. However, Columbia is not perfect, and I know that some of my cohort who was in SMS Sexuality had their gripes, but I don't know what all they were. Can you have them put you in touch with current students in the track? Hopefully they'll be honest about the short-comings. Overall, there's not as much support as I would have liked, but they're getting better. Student groups are pretty wonderful, and you get funding to do all sorts of pretty amazing events. Relevant to your track groups are probably SHAG (Sexuality & Health Action Group...I think) and QHT (Queer Health Taskforce...though haven't seem them as being as active as I remember).

Are there any international applicants going to Columbia? Is the financial aid form (out recently) only for the US citizens? Do we need to fill out any other form to be considered for scholarship? The columbia website mentions FAFSA (only for US citizens) as well as Columbia Fin. Aid application (still "coming soon"). I thought the link we were emailed was the latter and was for all applicants. Wrong?

Hey Premad!!

Thank you so much for all your help! You've been great for all the info you've given about Columbia!

I got into the Health Management and Policy Department in the Global Health Track. Do you know anything about that track? I'm trying to decide between there and the general MPH 1 year program at JHU.

Does any one know if Columbia has released anything about Scholarships? (i.e. that leadership addendum we attached to our apps?)

Just bought a plane ticket for Admitted Students Day. My wallet and I are crying. But if I decide to attend Columbia, I suppose $284 is the very tip of gargantuan iceberg that is Columbia's tuition.

Try to look at it as a mini vacation? That helped me (a little) when I went to visit UIC. As much as I hated spending the money the visit was definitely helpful. Have fun and good luck!

Just bought a plane ticket for Admitted Students Day. My wallet and I are crying. But if I decide to attend Columbia, I suppose $284 is the very tip of gargantuan iceberg that is Columbia's tuition.

Damn right. Sigh.

I am trying to think of it as a sort of mini-vacation, albeit a very short one. I've never been to NYC before, so that's exciting! And I'm lucky to know someone who's currently attending Columbia's SPH, so I've got a place to stay. If it weren't for that, I definitely wouldn't have been able to afford to go!

Is anyone else who was accepted to General Public Health going to Columbia's visit day this Friday 3/26?

Do other people have a message under the financial aid viewer site that says they need to fill out the Institutional and Supplemental Federal Financial Aid application even though they already fill it out?

Do other people have a message under the financial aid viewer site that says they need to fill out the Institutional and Supplemental Federal Financial Aid application even though they already fill it out?

Nope Mine says "received"

just took a look at mine. it says the same thing. i guess i'll have to call and ask them about it tomorrow...

Yeah, I submitted the supplemental too, but in the messages tab, I got this:

"Dear ___________, In order to complete our review of your financial aid request, you must complete the online Institutional and Supplemental Federal Financial Aid application. The online application can be found at https://studentviewer.finaid.columbia.edu. You will need your CUID# to register, please refer to the email sent by AY for your CUID#. "

Just wanted to make sure, Did you guys also get this exact message??

Yeah, I submitted the supplemental too, but in the messages tab, I got this:

"Dear ___________, In order to complete our review of your financial aid request, you must complete the online Institutional and Supplemental Federal Financial Aid application. The online application can be found at https://studentviewer.finaid.columbia.edu. You will need your CUID# to register, please refer to the email sent by AY for your CUID#. "

Just wanted to make sure, Did you guys also get this exact message??

yep, i got that message verbatim. will be giving Columbia's folks a buzz tomorrow

Does anyone have information about housing???

Which are the best options for MPH students???

I would like to rent a studio or 1 bedroom but... couples have priority.

As an international student I also have the possibility of applying for the International House. Any reference?

Same issues. Basically I want to rent whatever's the cheapest and closest to Mailman (walking distance) but I've little idea about NYC geography...it seems not all campus housing options listed are close to mailman...Columbia's gotta be pretty expansive.

I went through the international house rates. Bard Hall and Georgian residence rates seem to be cheaper and the accomodation better. Any opinion? Besides the rent and proximity there are other issues like air conditioning (NY winter will be killing for me I know), inclusion of electricity bills, private/semi private bathrooms/kitchens, good flatmates (can't determine that I guess) but I'm gonna hafta prioritize. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Same issues. Basically I want to rent whatever's the cheapest and closest to Mailman (walking distance) but I've little idea about NYC geography...it seems not all campus housing options listed are close to mailman...Columbia's gotta be pretty expansive.

I went through the international house rates. Bard Hall and Georgian residence rates seem to be cheaper and the accomodation better. Any opinion? Besides the rent and proximity there are other issues like air conditioning (NY winter will be killing for me I know), inclusion of electricity bills, private/semi private bathrooms/kitchens, good flatmates (can't determine that I guess) but I'm gonna hafta prioritize. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I would personally probably look into getting a studio in that area as opposed to living in the Columbia housing. I have heard from other people that the CUMC housing isn't very good (however, the law school housing is allegedly incredible). A few people I know who did it had to share a room, which could be ok depending on the kind of person you are. I couldn't do it. I think a studio in that area would be comparable, and possibly even cheaper if you look hard enough.

A few people I know who did it had to share a room, which could be ok depending on the kind of person you are. I couldn't do it. I think a studio in that area would be comparable, and possibly even cheaper if you look hard enough.

I wouldn't want to share a room. Their website clearly states 1 person/bedroom for almost all accomodations. How can they then make you share a room? Since I'm an international student, I won't be in the US until a few weeks before the course, so I won't be able to go looking for off-campus accomodation.
Does anyone have any idea on which building would be appropriate? I think I would like a 3-4 bedroom suite (1 person/bedroom) close to the school.

I wouldn't want to share a room. Their website clearly states 1 person/bedroom for almost all accomodations. How can they then make you share a room? Since I'm an international student, I won't be in the US until a few weeks before the course, so I won't be able to go looking for off-campus accomodation.
Does anyone have any idea on which building would be appropriate? I think I would like a 3-4 bedroom suite (1 person/bedroom) close to the school.

I have no idea but they were definitely sharing. Oh well. Good luck! Also, fwiw, a few weeks should be plenty of time to find a good place to live if you use craigslist. Either way, hope you find an awesome place to live!

ANYONE YET WHO GOT CAMPUS HOUSING? I'm not even sure which housing I'm eligible for.

Last edited:
I visited the school recently...it seems like it might be a bit of a long shot for campus housing from what i heard.

If you are having trouble finding housing, your best bet would be through Craigslist.org. I didn't attend Mailman but was a student at CPMC. One of my flat mates was from Cali and met us through Craiglist and it turned out great. There's a ton of housing in the area and I recommend west of Broadway above 164th or below 125th. The rest of the area is pretty shady.

The rooms in Bard, Towers, and Georgian aren't bad and can be pretty spacious. Bard and the Towers have awesome views of the GW Bridge. However, some floors at Bard have co-ed bathrooms.

Let me know of you guys have any questions

Has anyone heard anything about scholarships from Columbia?

Last edited:
Being on the other side, I of course cannot attend the visit day. To the many of you who will- please do post your experience/feedback and the latest updates from Columbia. :thumbup:

Visit Days seem to be sealing the decisions for most students...Yet, no posts gushing about how swell things are from all you Columbia people...:confused:

Visit Days seem to be sealing the decisions for most students...Yet, no posts gushing about how swell things are from all you Columbia people...:confused:
Ditto!
I couldnt attend either because I had a big exam yesterday. But I would really appreciate any feedback from the Admitted student day for Columbia and Yale too !!

Thanks!

see below

Ditto!
I couldnt attend either because I had a big exam yesterday. But I would really appreciate any feedback from the Admitted student day for Columbia and Yale too !!

Thanks!

what exactly would you folks like to know about the 'admitted students day' @ Columbia? i was there yesterday and could try to answer any questions you may have...

what exactly would you folks like to know about the 'admitted students day' @ Columbia? i was there yesterday and could try to answer any questions you may have...

You must've met future batchmates, professors and other staff members. What was the ambience like? What impression did you get of research opportunities on campus? Were the professors warm, enthusiastic and accessible? What is the expected strength of a class?
Any info specifically (just in case) on the General Public Health track?
Basically, what impression did you get of how spending 1-2 years at Columbia will be like?
And...are the scholarship decisions totally out? Meaning...If i haven't heard so far, I haven't got it?
Thanks for having offered to answer :)

clinicalskillz: since you're a med student, do you happen to have applied to the Gen Public health track or have any specific info/opinion on it.

You must've met future batchmates, professors and other staff members. What was the ambience like? What impression did you get of research opportunities on campus? Were the professors warm, enthusiastic and accessible? What is the expected strength of a class?
Any info specifically (just in case) on the General Public Health track?
Basically, what impression did you get of how spending 1-2 years at Columbia will be like?
And...are the scholarship decisions totally out? Meaning...If i haven't heard so far, I haven't got it?
Thanks for having offered to answer :)

clinicalskillz: since you're a med student, do you happen to have applied to the Gen Public health track or have any specific info/opinion on it.
NO I was accepted to the Health Policy and Mgt Track which is supposed to be a 1yr program. H/e I talked with someone there about switching to the Gen Public Health. She said you're not confined to one discipline. You can cross the tracks and take any class you want. You design your curriculum as long as you take the 5 core classes. sounds like a sweet deal if you have multidisciplinary interests.

So far by phone, the faculty and staff have been nice and helpful, suggesting scholarships I should apply for. H/e I still havent received my financial aid packet.

In addition to Concern's questions, my questions was about the housing? I am single and want a single room with my own kitchen and bathroom. But from the website, it seemed hard to come by. Did the students suggests which dorms were the nicest? easiest to get into? Close, inexpensive alternative housing?
Thanks

NO I was accepted to the Health Policy and Mgt Track which is supposed to be a 1yr program. H/e I talked with someone there about switching to the Gen Public Health. She said you're not confined to one discipline. You can cross the tracks and take any class you want. You design your curriculum as long as you take the 5 core classes. sounds like a sweet deal if you have multidisciplinary interests.

So far by phone, the faculty and staff have been nice and helpful, suggesting scholarships I should apply for. H/e I still havent received my financial aid packet.

In addition to Concern's questions, my questions was about the housing? I am single and want a single room with my own kitchen and bathroom. But from the website, it seemed hard to come by. Did the students suggests which dorms were the nicest? easiest to get into? Close, inexpensive alternative housing?
Thanks

Thanks clinical. helps.
From what I know, we will be able to apply for campus housing only after April 15. Do check out their housing website. Each of the accomodations has been described.

For those of you who went to the Admit day and are in the Health Management track---what did you think of the program? Is it worth the thousands of dollars they are making us fork out? I ask this because I am planning to go to medical school after this and i don't want to me in debt up to my ears for years and years. This is kind of a stop gap for me to get a good grasp on health management (I eventually want to be a CEO of a hospital or own my own practice) and thought this would be a good idea since the program is short.

Anyone get their financial aid yet? I am thinking of going.

yeah---nothing but loans and usub loans at that...this is going to be a hard decision? Do any of you know how much it costs per semester for the Health Management track? Its 1.5 years correct?

yeah---nothing but loans and usub loans at that...this is going to be a hard decision? Do any of you know how much it costs per semester for the Health Management track? Its 1.5 years correct?
The management and policy tracks are both 1.5 year-long programs. The per credit hour cost is $1,248. Tuition cost for each semester comes down to $37,440 (15x$1,248). keep in mind that tuition and other fees are subject to change. One of the financial aid counselors at the 'admitted students' day' for instance told us that tuition usually rises 3 to 6% every year. Additional info can be found here: http://www.mailman.columbia.edu/prospective-students/financial-aid/tuition-fees

Best!