College of Pharmacy Roseman University class of 2021 (Entering 2018)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
can someone please please tell me what kind of questions, essay questions I should focus on. I really want to attend Roseman and I don't want to screw this up.

Members don't see this ad.

can someone please please tell me what kind of questions, essay questions I should focus on. I really want to attend Roseman and I don't want to screw this up.
Read SDN interview feedback!!

Reactions: 1 user
anyone interviewing jan 23 at vegas location?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm thinking about applying to the South Jordan campus, has anyone had experience with the campus there? I've read most have interviewed in Henderson.

I'm thinking about applying to the South Jordan campus, has anyone had experience with the campus there? I've read most have interviewed in Henderson.

Hello @Cmh28717

If you interview at one campus, it does not mean you have to attend that campus. I believe on the supplemental application; it asks about your campus preference.

Good luck!

Hello @Cmh28717

If you interview at one campus, it does not mean you have to attend that campus. I believe on the supplemental application; it asks about your campus preference.

Good luck!

@YTAZ thank you for your reply. How do you find the block classes? I attended Wingate School of Pharmacy here in NC and ended up taking a medical leave of absence. We do the traditional scheduling although I was leaving the program with a 3.4 GPA I found it tough to focus on the one class that I was having difficulties in.

@Cmh28717 I like the block system to be honest; it let's you focus on one subject at a time. However; for our class's P1 year, we had abut 3 different classes that were taught with the "block" classes. So, it wasn't a real block schedule. Now, they've changed the curriculum and I believe it's better.

Like you've mentioned, it's challenging especially with the 90% passing rate. If you are dedicated student and put the time in studying, you'll be fine.. it'll doable.

Has anyone heard admission decision from December 11th interview?

I heard back last week. Try emailing them for an update if you haven't heard back?
Thank you for your reply. I did got email past week and got accepted to Utah campus. Which campus did you get in?

Hello All,
I got accepted to Utah campus last week. Did anyone else got acceptance at Utah campus? My first preference was Henderson but was offered to Utah so not sure yet.

Thank you for your reply. I did got email past week and got accepted to Utah campus. Which campus did you get in?
No problem! When I applied, I selected Henderson only and got offered Henderson. Even though your first preference was Henderson, did you select that you'd be okay with Utah as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
No problem! When I applied, I selected Henderson only and got offered Henderson. Even though your first preference was Henderson, did you select that you'd be okay with Utah as well?

I did both but my first preference was Henderson. I didn't knew that they can offer to Utah even if the Henderson campus is not full yet.

I did both but my first preference was Henderson. I didn't knew that they can offer to Utah even if the Henderson campus is not full yet.
You can try asking if there's spots in Henderson left. Dr. Park is really nice so I'm sure if you express that you would like to attend school in Henderson, maybe there is something she can do?

Please share if anyone heard back from 1/18 interview?

what about 1/23 interview, anybody??? How long does it usually take?? Do they call or email the decision??

Accepted to Roseman Pharmacy School
Jan 31st
Henderson Campus
3.82 GPA 75PCAT
No degree
Attended both UNLV and CSN
Interviewed 1/23/18
Good luck mates.

I received an email saying that my application requires "further review" and I would get a notification "between after February 16th,2018." Did anyone receive this? What does between after mean?

I received an email saying that my application requires "further review" and I would get a notification "between after February 16th,2018." Did anyone receive this? What does between after mean?
It means you’re on the waitlist. They may switch you to a different campus if you’re accepted.
maybe they waitlisted you.

It means you’re on the waitlist. They may switch you to a different campus if you’re accepted.

maybe they waitlisted you.

Yeah it seems like it to me too since I received the email yesterday and 2 weeks from then is the week of Feb 16. Usually they give people two weeks to accept or decline.

The utah campus is much more picturesque. It "feels" like a school. The area isn't as rural as it may seem, but many business are closed on Sunday, and no 24 hr coffee shops to study at. Even the local libraries closed on sunday. Some students drive to Univ of Utah (30 min awy) in salt lake to study, cuz campus is closed sunday.

The Henderson campus has a lot more conveniences, you can get practically anything 24/7 being near vegas. Both campuses the classrooms are same shape/color/layout with little group rooms for team assignments. Most students go to UNLV to study, since it's open late/weekends

i think rent/cost of living wise, Utah is more expensive and potential for snow. gasoline is cheaper though

Plus side, both campuses have in-n-out burger nearby :p

@Cmh28717 not sure how they've "changed" the block system but ...
the 'old' block system: each block typically spans 2-3 weeks, but there's ~6 lecture days that are reflected on the test, i've seen 5 day- 8 day blocks, it really varies since some material is more lengthy than others. the block material is not set in stone. you could have a test that is 2 separate subjects, but i think it's super rare and admin tries to not confuse students by having multi-subject tests.

there are some "special classes" throughout the course of the year which are 'longitudinal' meaning...cumulative scoring, such as pharm calc, research paper writing, communications... their top 200 drugs course is all self study/research, you just come in for the 1 hour test, then main block material starts at like 9:30 am.

In an ideal block, usually...
Thursday is day 1 of the block, There have been times when thursday material is on the test next day
Friday:Block test for material taught on wednesday and the week prior. if you pass, you get sat-mon off to recupe/ study new material/redo assignments. If you fail, you are cramming saturday and sunday for remediation test on monday.
The next 7 weekdays (tues/wed/thur/friday/mon/tues/wed), you have a longitudinal class and internship day in that mix. [i think friday is internship day for P1s and 2nd tuesday for P2s.]
then Thursday starts over again with new block material, and a block test on friday

Did anyone hear back after interview?

Does anyone know with overall 3.2 gpa can get into roseman pharmacy school?
I want to apply this jun

Reactions: 1 users
I want to apply this jun
your overall GPA is just one of many factors when admissions dept ranks you against other applicants. I think their min GPA is 2.8? They may also consider:
- Prereq GPA
- Pcat (though it's not weighed very heavily....unless you do stellar),
- NV/UT residency status,
- achieved bachelors [or any other degrees ie: MD or pharmacist in another country],
- interview [i heard a rumor that interview is 1/3 of your application, but you'd really need to ask admissions ]

your overall GPA is just one of many factors when admissions dept ranks you against other applicants. I think their min GPA is 2.8? They may also consider:
- Prereq GPA
- Pcat (though it's not weighed very heavily....unless you do stellar),
- NV/UT residency status,
- achieved bachelors [or any other degrees ie: MD or pharmacist in another country],
- interview [i heard a rumor that interview is 1/3 of your application, but you'd really need to ask admissions ]

Because I don’t have good science gpa

Because I don’t have good science gpa
I don't think they separate science and non-science into individual GPAs, (though i think pharmcas does it for you..?)
The prereq science classes require a minimum grade of Cs, and English & speech need Bs.

In my opinion, if you have any Cs, then you may want to consider retaking if you think you can get higher on a retake. Do you really want your application to have the minimum qualifications?...when another applicant has As and Bs. [Some people get rejected (from other schools) flat out and told to retake stuff for better grades and reapply again]

Oh, i forgot, i think prior pharmacy experience is also considered tool.

Hey guys,
My name is Khoa Nguyen and I am currently a P2 Roseman Student. I created the thread last year for class of 2020 and I am glad that some of you take initiative to create a new thread for 2021. I want to offer my help to all of you new applicants regarding the program, studying, working, residency and living. I am currently a volunteer for the interviewing committee so feel free to ask questions in this thread of message me. I also looking for MBA roommate that want to get a room in May of 2018. Feel free to reach out to me and have a nice day
Hello, Khoa, thank you for offering to help through this process. I wanted to personally message you, but im sure others may be wondering the same question. Currently I am just taking OChem II and working as a pharmacy tech. What can I study to prepare for the first year classes? Appreciate any feedback.

Hello, Khoa, thank you for offering to help through this process. I wanted to personally message you, but im sure others may be wondering the same question. Currently I am just taking OChem II and working as a pharmacy tech. What can I study to prepare for the first year classes? Appreciate any feedback.

How’s your biochem and physiology knowledge?

physiology, I would say good, but I took it like 3 years ago. biochem, have never taken it before.

Those are by far the most useful for background knowledge so I would recommend studying those if you want to start pre studying. I found organic chemistry knowledge to be fairly uncessary.

Those are by far the most useful for background knowledge so I would recommend studying those if you want to start pre studying. I found organic chemistry knowledge to be fairly uncessary.
do you have any book or videos that you recommend?

Does anyone know if they are still accepting students from the waitlist?

Hey guys,
My name is Khoa Nguyen and I am currently a P2 Roseman Student. I created the thread last year for class of 2020 and I am glad that some of you take initiative to create a new thread for 2021. I want to offer my help to all of you new applicants regarding the program, studying, working, residency and living. I am currently a volunteer for the interviewing committee so feel free to ask questions in this thread of message me. I also looking for MBA roommate that want to get a room in May of 2018. Feel free to reach out to me and have a nice day
Thanks for looking out for your fellow teammate. Go USN.

Hey guys I was accepted to RU in November to the Nevada campus, I haven’t put in my full $800 just my seat deposit. To be sure, if i plan on committing to RU this will be due by March 1st correct? Also, does anyone know anything about the MBA program, how hard it is??

Hey guys I was accepted to RU in November to the Nevada campus, I haven’t put in my full $800 just my seat deposit. To be sure, if i plan on committing to RU this will be due by March 1st correct? Also, does anyone know anything about the MBA program, how hard it is??
The deposit is non-refundable so please consider careful before you make your decision. I am currently a P2 that do not have MBA programs, however I have friends who take the program so I can illustrate a little bit about it for you. If you need more information you can contact me and i can connect you to my friends. Basically MBA is a 2 year program on top of your Pharm D. It does you great benefit of having two degrees once you graduate instead of one. It does make you more competitive in the job market. However, it will be a great stress for you during your 3 year of fast pace, already shorten pharmacy program. The MBA programs will take place in the summer only and some of the pharmacy class count as MBA classes too. If you decide to take MBA class, you basically have no SUMMER, you will study throughout the year 12 month of study until the end of P3 years. In addition, you need to be sure because you do not want summer and MBA class, it do not work well with your P2 schedule. If you have more than 3 summer, you will probably end up staying an extra year to complete your MBA. Hope that help.

Does anyone know if they are still accepting students from the waitlist?
From what I know from my year of 2016, they are still accept student until March or even April. Due to the fact that students drop out last minutes for personal reason, school will call on people on wait list to fill the seat. If you are on the top 5, I am sure you can land a position in Roseman. I were on the waitlist for 2 weeks back when I first applied too so no worry just hope and pray my friend.

do you have any book or videos that you recommend?
I would recommend you to get a top 200 out of the way. As of now, you will have 2 top 200 tests, each with 100 drugs per test mixed in together with your biweekly block test on Friday, therefore it can be very stressful if you are not study ahead of time. You can go to amazon to buy any top 200 test prep book to help you. I personally use this website to study top 200. Top 200 Drugs list to Memorize - 2016
In my study, i group the drugs into class first (eg. antibiotic, antipasmodic, antidiabetic, etc) since they will be very similar in their generic name. Next, I study brand/generic as well as control substance. Then I start to make neumonic of the drugs and study their Mechanism of Action. I then study the dosage form and strength last because it is hard to study those. I usually just study a "RANGE" of strength and it will be enough for you to pass the test.

Hello All,
I got accepted to Utah campus last week. Did anyone else got acceptance at Utah campus? My first preference was Henderson but was offered to Utah so not sure yet.
Dear pharmd10, if you are offer a position in Utah, I recommend you to take it unless you are on the top 5 waitlist from Henderson. The chance of you getting in to Utah is better than wait for Henderson.

I want to apply this jun
you should apply. To be honest, I got in with a 3.1 GPA and no experience in pharmacy. However, I know I am a hardworking person and I will do anything to make pharmacy worth it. You just have to be sure pharmacy is your calling and you need to understand this is a 3 year, accelerated program and not your regular 4 years conventional pharmacy programs. Before I actually decide for pharmacy, I took a 5 units summer microbiology class that is 6 weeks long. It was extremely fast paced and quiz everyday and test everyweek. I did well on it and I felt that is one of the reason why I chose a 3 years program instead of 4 years. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you try it out yourself to see if you can handle it. I have a friend who quit half of the semester because he cant handle the pace of the program. It is every two block with a lot of information that push to you and expect you to do well (90%) during an exam. On top of it, you have math calculation test, top 200 test, and rotation mixed in between, so you need to be on top of your game at all time. With that being said, you will have people who go through the same situation who are more than willing to help you out. In addition, you still have time to prepare for the P1 year with top 200, chemistry and biology review. Best of luck

what about 1/23 interview, anybody??? How long does it usually take?? Do they call or email the decision??
Hi Sfeipxq, it usually take 2 weeks to a month for the admission office to response to an interview. As for me, they sent a acceptance letter. Hope that help

I am currently a P2 year at Utah Campus, I enjoyed every aspect of the school so far. It is not as event-intensive as in Vegas which give you more time to study. Henderson is a campus for individual who most likely want to do a residency because it offer a tremendous opportunity for extracurricular activities because it is VEGAS, it has everything anyone need within a walking distance and a lot of business. In Utah, however, there are not that big of an impact on event and activities, people usually work a lot or they have family to take care so it is nicer down here. Nevertheless, it is up to you to decide what kind of pharmacy student you want to be. For example, I am currently a P2 student and work at Primary Children Hospital at SLC on average 20 hour and a Smith pharmacy for 8 hour per week. I also hold 3 leadership positions in school plus I am sitting here help you guys as much as I possibly can. It is you who decide what you can get out of the program. I have seen students who just go to class, go home, study and pass the test and that is completely ok. Hope that help. Let me know if you need anything else.

The deposit is non-refundable so please consider careful before you make your decision. I am currently a P2 that do not have MBA programs, however I have friends who take the program so I can illustrate a little bit about it for you. If you need more information you can contact me and i can connect you to my friends. Basically MBA is a 2 year program on top of your Pharm D. It does you great benefit of having two degrees once you graduate instead of one. It does make you more competitive in the job market. However, it will be a great stress for you during your 3 year of fast pace, already shorten pharmacy program. The MBA programs will take place in the summer only and some of the pharmacy class count as MBA classes too. If you decide to take MBA class, you basically have no SUMMER, you will study throughout the year 12 month of study until the end of P3 years. In addition, you need to be sure because you do not want summer and MBA class, it do not work well with your P2 schedule. If you have more than 3 summer, you will probably end up staying an extra year to complete your MBA. Hope that help.
Thanks so much for all the info you’re greatly appreciated! I have decided to go with Roseman as today I found out I didn’t get into to my top choice, but I am still excited! However this will be my first time living on my own. I am planning on living by myself the first year/semester and hopefully roommate after that. What do you suggest? And recommendations on places to live? TIA also do you know when they will make the fb page ?