College of Notre Dame Maryland C/O 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thesteve1

Accepted Pharmacy Student
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Inaugural class thread:thumbup:! Introduce yourselves! Hopefully this thread will get fatter as time goes, I look forward to meeting some classmates!

I'm Steven, currently in colorado finishing up the last semester.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Steven and my fellow future classmates!

I just made my decision and I'm definitely going to attend Notre Dame - so stoked! I feel so lucky to be part of Notre Dame's first pharmacy class!

I'm also currently enrolled in school finishing up 4 more remaining pre-reqs (NJ) and I'm working full-time too (NYC)! I can't wait for pharm school to start!

I'm excited to meet all of you at orientation and coating ceremony! :)

Baltimore. Here. I. Come!

Hi everyone!!! My name is Tina and I'm so happy to meet my future classmates! I've already sent in my deposit and everything. I'm also finishing up the remaining 3 pre-reqs and working part-time. We will be the historical first class of a school with great prospect, I know it's definitely going to become a top school just because the faculty and staff are fab.

I'm really excited to meet you guys at orientation and white coat ceremony. Baltimore is great city to live in for professional school, it's friendly, peaceful, and entertaining. My car actually had a flat tire when I came there for the interview and the people are just wonderful at helping us get it fixed. I cannot wait to start!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Checking in... i just sent in my deposit. I have 2 pre-req's to finish this semester

Last edited:
Hello my fellow ND pharmacy classmates! I think it would be fun and a good way to learn a little bit more about each other if we do a questionnaire icebreaker survey: (Copy/paste then answer the following questions & feel free to add any ^_^)

What drew you to College of Notre Dame School of Pharmacy?
Proximity to NIH, Johns Hopkins and home in NJ. Superb faculty & great potential. And Baltimore's reputation for amazing crab cakes!

What did you study in college?
I majored in biology and minored in studio art

What do you intend on doing with your PharmD?
I'm leaning towards clinical research or health policy (perhaps both).

What's your favorite color?
Orange!

What music are you into?
I'm really into indie music (ie. MGMT, TV on the radio, Postal Service etc.)

Worked any odd jobs to make some cash?
I worked as a lifeguard during HS. Once I had to perform the heimlich maneuver on a kid who was choking on a life-saver at a birthday pool party. (some life-saver, i know)

Do you have any unique talents or interesting facts about your self?
I'm really into oil painting and I'm obsessed with anything Picasso and Gustav Klimt.

Last edited:
Hey Tina, David, JD! Nice to see we're getting more people in here, for a couple weeks I thought it was just me and JD haha. Sent my deposit last week!

--Pure luck when I was looking at schools it honestly just stuck out in a list, researched program description and liked it.

--BS psychology originally

--Ultimately want to get into r&d

What’s your favorite color?
--Black/Red (the color of my gixxer :D)

What music are you into?
--Huge variety, my ipod is eclectic

--Sold poker chips at a stand in a mall, multiple coffee shop jobs that got me coffee addicted for a while :thumbdown:

--Sports, sports, sports, sports, cars, bikes :laugh: are my specialty

Added:

Are there any other schools you guys are waiting/looking at?
--U of CO, Regis

My name is David nguyen. I am from Maryland. I interviewed several days ago. I am in the process of finishing up Ethics. :)

Hopefully everything will be ok so I can start learning the real materials. Looking forward to learn from you guys.

P.S. What is the Fafsa school code for Notre Dame?

Hey Tina, David, JD! Nice to see we're getting more people in here, for a couple weeks I thought it was just me and JD haha. Sent my deposit last week!

--Pure luck when I was looking at schools it honestly just stuck out in a list, researched program description and liked it.

--BS psychology originally

--Ultimately want to get into r&d

What’s your favorite color?
--Black/Red (the color of my gixxer :D)

What music are you into?
--Huge variety, my ipod is eclectic

--Sold poker chips at a stand in a mall, multiple coffee shop jobs that got me coffee addicted for a while :thumbdown:

--Sports, sports, sports, sports, cars, bikes :laugh: are my specialty

Added:

Are there any other schools you guys are waiting/looking at?
--U of CO, Regis

I just interviewed at Temple the other day and I'm still waiting to hear back from rutgers. But i think it's highly unlikely that Rutgers is going to even consider me for an interview. heh we'll see.

Hello future classmates! I received my official acceptance letter yesterday! I will send in my deposit tomorrow. :) Do you guys know when classes are starting? I just know from the matriculation agreement that we have to send all official transcripts by August 1st. So I'm assuming classes will start anytime after that? Also, have you guys started applying for financial aid? I see someone has already asked for the fafsa code. heh..

Thanks, Steven, for the code :)

Hello future classmates! I received my official acceptance letter yesterday! I will send in my deposit tomorrow. :) Do you guys know when classes are starting? I just know from the matriculation agreement that we have to send all official transcripts by August 1st. So I'm assuming classes will start anytime after that? Also, have you guys started applying for financial aid? I see someone has already asked for the fafsa code. heh..

Yes, that is also my guess. By the way, I was asking for the fafsa code because I read somewhere that we need to apply before March for best consideration.

P.S. I took Philosophy, Sociology, and Asian American History. Do you guys think I still need to take Psychology in order to fulfill 6 credits of Psychology/Political/Social Science? Something is wrong with my e-mail.

I had my interview last week and I was told we are supposed to complete our FAFSA by Feb 15.

Anyway, How long did it take you guys to get your acceptance letter after the interview?? I hate waiting! :(

I had my interview last week and I was told we are supposed to complete our FAFSA by Feb 15.

Anyway, How long did it take you guys to get your acceptance letter after the interview?? I hate waiting! :(

Took mine a month exactly I believe. The FAFSA card they sent me also said to file by 2/15

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought fafsa is due March 2nd.... and I didn't get any fafsa card in the mail. Should I just apply online?

Mericycline, for people who interviewed in Nov. and Dec, it took a month or more for us to find out because we had to wait for them to get pre-candidate status in Jan. Now that they've already received it, I think they send out acceptances approximately 2 weeks after your interview. Oh, by the way, how many students were at your interview? I'm just curious.. cuz when I interviewed, there were only 7 of us.

There were about 12 people at our interview. We interviewed about three weeks ago.

There were about 12 people at our interview. We interviewed about three weeks ago.

Oiccc. Thanks! I see that you're from Maryland. I have family living there too, so I will definitely be attending Notre DAme. hehe..

I hear its Aug 24th

Thanks! Aug. 24th sounds good. I'm looking forward to moving to the East Coast, even though I'm going to miss good 'ol California weather.

There were 7 other people on the day I interviewed. I got a little worried cuz my friend got accepted after a week and I still have not heard anything back lol. It turns out I got accepted as well but i never got a letter in the mail. Instead I found an email in my spam....

There were 7 other people on the day I interviewed. I got a little worried cuz my friend got accepted after a week and I still have not heard anything back lol. It turns out I got accepted as well but i never got a letter in the mail. Instead I found an email in my spam....

I think your letter will arrive soon. I actually got the acceptance email before the actual mail also. The acceptance email came in the regular inbox for me. HOwever, after I sent in my deposit, i received a deposit receipt email in my spam... :cool:

I am happy for many of you who got accepted. I am yet to go to my interview on march 9th. any suggestion on some of the questions I should be aware of? I sure hope that there still a spot left for me;)

No worries, there is now a new definite spot because i just withdrew mine. Good luck to everyone and i wish the best for everyone who will be pioneering notre dame's first class of pharmacy.

No worries, there is now a new definite spot because i just withdrew mine. Good luck to everyone and i wish the best for everyone who will be pioneering notre dame's first class of pharmacy.

So did you get accepted somewhere alse? if so Best of luck:luck:
do you mind sharing what your questions were on you interview with Notre Dame?
thank you

Have you guys received any new information regarding Housing, Financial Aid, or Background Check?

Yeah. I did receive many of the forms that I needed to sign. i did sign and returned them with the deposite. also got an email from housing events. I just filled it out to register with B-more area and I guess there are more accomodation info coming from lawrence later.

Is anyone else concerned about Baltimore being the Murder Capitol of the USA?

Is anyone else concerned about Baltimore being the Murder Capitol of the USA?

This is news to me :(

By the way, I talked to Mr. Shattuck, and he said new information regarding Financial Aid and health package will be coming late April.

Keep us updated, you guys.

Hi,
i just GOT in!!! See y'all in the fall................

Hello, you guys, where did you manage to obtain your immunization record?

I have been searching and so far still waiting for replies. :(

Thanks

wat are you all doing about housing? living on campus?

hi,

I have my interview with Notre Dame this November and I was just wondering if you guys can tell me how it went for you guys? This is my first interview and I am supper, supper, supper nervous hoping not to look like an idiot in front of panel :scared:

Notre Dame the Fighting Irish has a pharmacy school???