college credit in high school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nornton

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just found out that if I took a class through a community college when I was in high school that I have to include that in my application. I took the class in 2010 (summer of my freshman year in high school) and I took another class through the same community college in 2014 (while I was in college). My question is, would I have to say I started attending this community college in 2010? Would that look weird since it would look like I have been attending it for 4 years?

Members don't see this ad.

I did the same. Adcoms will figure it out once they only see a couple classes on the transcript.

I did the same. Adcoms will figure it out once they only see a couple classes on the transcript.
okay sounds good. Also on the community college transcript, it says the class was 4 credits, but it transferred to my current university as 3 credits. Should I still put 4 credits because thats how it is on the community college transcript?

okay sounds good. Also on the community college transcript, it says the class was 4 credits, but it transferred to my current university as 3 credits. Should I still put 4 credits because thats how it is on the community college transcript?

I'd list it as 4 credits since that's what the original institution designates.