CMed vs WMed vs RFUMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cookiemonsterz21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am incredibly thankful and fortunate to have been accepted at Rosalind Franklin and Central michigan university school of medicine. I am on the wait list for Western michigan university school of medicine. I was wondering whether some current students can perhaps comment on some factors that I can look into in making this decision. Can anyone also comment on clinical rotations and electives at each school? I am an Illinois resident. I am leaning more towards RFU at the moment, but also love having a supportive community. Any comments will be appreciated! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Go where you're happiest.

I would choose RFU (chicago medical school?) for close proximity to support system and more established name for residency. But I fit with any crowd, so fit doesn't really matter to me.

WMed might be viable if it is offering significant merit scholarship... but the scholarships I've seen weren't that big.

Also making a similar decision (RFU vs CMED), leaning towards RFU due to more established name. However, my mind may change after the match list for CMED is released this March.

Thanks for the replies! I really appreciate it! Good luck in making the final decision, and yes, I am also eagerly waiting for March!