Class of '24, is COVID effecting your classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oregonfootdoc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to compile information on all 9 schools to find out how many schools are making drastic changes due to COVID and how many aren't.

Please post your school, year, if classes are being held in person, and specifically if anatomy is being held in person. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I’m going to Kent as a first year. We have most classes remote (Lectures) with 2 classes as hybrid and anatomy lab and histology lab held in person.

Hi,
I’m going to Kent as a first year. We have most classes remote (Lectures) with 2 classes as hybrid and anatomy lab and histology lab held in person.
Thanks so much for your reply.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
DMU, '24, two classes are not online PPPM and clinical, all the rest are online including anatomy:(

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Temple, '24, all first year classes are online for the fall. Spring semester is still an unknown.

Reactions: 2 users
DMU, '24, all classes except principles of podiatric medicine are online, even anatomy

I can understand holding lectures online, but I can't help but feel like incoming 1st years are being shortchanged if they aren't getting any dissection experience. Podiatry is a surgical specialty and having a real, tactile experience with the anatomy as well as dissection techniques is something that I think is very important. No 3D model or software will replicate that.

I'm sure all of us had that guy in your class that would absolutely butcher whatever he was dissecting. Cutting through major arteries and slicing through nerves was common - something that you can get away with on a cadaver but most certainly can't when you're holding the knife at the OR table.

Reactions: 2 users
Barry first year classes are online except for when we have clinic for our intro to
patient care class and anatomy lab. No word on spring yet

Reactions: 1 user
Barry first year classes are online except for when we have clinic for our intro to
patient care class and anatomy lab. No word on spring yet
We received email this morning saying Fall semester will be fully online for 2nd years. Biomechanics lab is moved to Spring 2021. Do 1st years still have in-person lab?

We received email this morning saying Fall semester will be fully online for 2nd years. Biomechanics lab is moved to Spring 2021. Do 1st years still have in-person lab?

we still have anatomy lab in person and as of right now our intro to patient care class we are anticipated to go in to the clinics