Class of 2024... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same. Just trying to finish my senior year and move on to vet school!!!! Online is just not as motivating as real classes. Just praying vet school starts normal.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Im glad I’m not the only one struggling. I’m in a class I do not need for the school I’m going to either. Also, how the class works/is graded keeps changing now that it’s online also. I’m ready to be done!

Reactions: 2 users
to my last post: I think I confused people with the wording. I'm not responsible for rent until the lease starts. however, one of the other roommates (in a different room and will be renewing her lease) does not want me to move my stuff in to the empty room when I start paying rent due to her personal quarantine choices. so she is basically denying me of moving in when I sign the lease until she goes elsewhere for the summer (which is an unknown date). I'm starting to look at other options, but I thought it was a little weird (I respect her quarantine choices, but I can't pay rent and not live there for financial reasons).

Members don't see this ad :)
to my last post: I think I confused people with the wording. I'm not responsible for rent until the lease starts. however, one of the other roommates (in a different room and will be renewing her lease) does not want me to move my stuff in to the empty room when I start paying rent due to her personal quarantine choices. so she is basically denying me of moving in when I sign the lease until she goes elsewhere for the summer (which is an unknown date). I'm starting to look at other options, but I thought it was a little weird (I respect her quarantine choices, but I can't pay rent and not live there for financial reasons).

Yeah, I think I'd start looking around for another roommate and housing situation. Some weird vibes here.

I get that the quarantine life is adding a weird variable to a lot of aspects of life right now. However - if she really needs/wants to be by herself until she leaves for the summer, that's on her, and it would be most fair for her to pay the entirety of rent for that time if she wants the house to herself during that time. Not really fair to say "hey you can't live here yet for an undetermined period of time but also please pay rent still during that time kthnx."

Exit stage left, fam.

Reactions: 19 users
Im glad I’m not the only one struggling. I’m in a class I do not need for the school I’m going to either. Also, how the class works/is graded keeps changing now that it’s online also. I’m ready to be done!

This so much. I'm in a class I don't need and only took for fun to do dissections in the lab. The professors keep changing how the online lab operates each week, it's hard to keep up with and now to the point now we have to meet with three separate groups via zoom (and prove with screenshots) and the TA has to be in all these meetings, it's a logistical nightmare... I can't even imagine for the TA needing to meet in 60+ zoom sessions a week! I have no motivation anymore as my sole motivation was to cut dead things open.

And yeah I have to echo others and say this is weird. I'll be paying for an apartment before seeing it and moving in, but it's not that I explicitly cannot move in, its that I am deciding to stay at my parent's place over the summer but the lease starts when it starts so it is of my own choice. I would feel completely different if my future roommates told me I cannot move in when I wanted but I have to pay rent anyway. If she wants the place to herself she should be paying full rent until she "allows" you to move in.

Reactions: 5 users
This so much. I'm in a class I don't need and only took for fun to do dissections in the lab. The professors keep changing how the online lab operates each week, it's hard to keep up with and now to the point now we have to meet with three separate groups via zoom (and prove with screenshots) and the TA has to be in all these meetings, it's a logistical nightmare... I can't even imagine for the TA needing to meet in 60+ zoom sessions a week! I have no motivation anymore as my sole motivation was to cut dead things open.
That sounds like sheer chaos with a huge splash of anxiety thrown in!!! Fingers crossed everything gets better!

Yeah she can't have it both ways. The only argument I could see is if she or you are COVID-19 positive and don't want to risk exposure, and even then she shouldn't charge you rent while you're not allowed to move in. Your lease probably provides a move in date and I'd guess she'd technically be violating it if she doesn't allow you to move in once that date passes.

Reactions: 8 users

Yeah, agreed with above. You either get access to your space when you start paying for it, or she pays the rent until then.

And yeah I have to echo others and say this is weird. I'll be paying for an apartment before seeing it and moving in, but it's not that I explicitly cannot move in, its that I am deciding to stay at my parent's place over the summer but the lease starts when it starts so it is of my own choice. I would feel completely different if my future roommates told me I cannot move in when I wanted but I have to pay rent anyway. If she wants the place to herself she should be paying full rent until she "allows" you to move in.
I honestly think this switching us to online learning is a train wreck. I’m sure our schools tried hard but we are having random assignments, work, etc thrown around us with no organization. The structure changes weekly and it’s almost a figure it out attitude. There’s no reason why anyone would want to pay for tuition when the quality of the education is like this. I just want to get my last 2 weeks over with and move on. I just pray it’s over before fall.

I feel like this is just setting the stage for how living together might go and as everyone else said, bad vibes. If it were me I would not move in at all.

Reactions: 10 users
thank you everyone who responded to my confusing questions haha. I have decided to look elsewhere and already found a potential roommate and apartment that we’re touring Sunday. definitely do not want to start vet school with roommate problems right away. hope everyone is staying sane and healthy during these times :)

Reactions: 14 users
thank you everyone who responded to my confusing questions haha. I have decided to look elsewhere and already found a potential roommate and apartment that we’re touring Sunday. definitely do not want to start vet school with roommate problems right away. hope everyone is staying sane and healthy during these times :)
What are you using to find housing?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What are you using to find housing?
there’s a V24 page for Tufts which is where I’ve been looking for the most part! a friend of mine also made a group where all the classes can post, but this is fairly new so there’s not much yet.

there’s a V24 page for Tufts which is where I’ve been looking for the most part! a friend of mine also made a group where all the classes can post, but this is fairly new so there’s not much yet.
Yeah I've been looking there. Was just making sure that I wasn't missing another housing resource.

Ayyyyy New to the thread, but just saying hey to the class of 2024! I’m so excited to start veterinary school this fall!

Reactions: 11 users
Is anyone else finding it so completely hard to find motivation in online classes right now? I just keep looking up furniture or other things relating to vet school/moving lol :help:
I'm doing that exact thing! Looking for housing, looking at furniture I won't even buy, putting together dining sets, going through my belongings to get rid of stuff... pretty much anything but school. It's especially hard knowing that I got into vet school and don't even need these classes for prerequisites

So ... against my better judgement, I adopted a kitten that shouldn’t even be alive :confused:

And my coveralls came today. Gawd they are ugly!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
So ... against my better judgement, I adopted a kitten that shouldn’t even be alive :confused:

And my coveralls came today. Gawd they are ugly!
I've already been thinking about how I'll finally be able to get a cat when I move and I have to talk myself down. Like, no...you already have 2 bunnies. Then this morning I was like "I'll get birds!"
No...no you will not lol

Reactions: 7 users
I've already been thinking about how I'll finally be able to get a cat when I move and I have to talk myself down. Like, no...you already have 2 bunnies. Then this morning I was like "I'll get birds!"
No...no you will not lol

OMG I have 2 bunnies too and DO IT. I feel like one of the best parts of becoming a vet student is that no one can ever stop us from getting more animals lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
OMG I have 2 bunnies too
emoji7.png
emoji7.png
emoji7.png
and DO IT. I feel like one of the best parts of becoming a vet student is that no one can ever stop us from getting more animals lol

Hmm...I have always wanted birds. And a cat. And chinchillas. And rats...
Your bunnies are cute!!

• Love
OMG I have 2 bunnies too and DO IT. I feel like one of the best parts of becoming a vet student is that no one can ever stop us from getting more animals lol

Your bunnies are cute!!
I feel like your bunnies should be penpals

Reactions: 4 users
Bean (the black, brown, and white- colored one) and Dahlia (the black lop) say yes!! I also love to see bunny pictures so please show me a picture of yours

• Love
Bean (the black, brown, and white- colored one) and Dahlia (the black lop) say yes!! I also love to see bunny pictures so please show me a picture of yours

The black one is Salem, he is a naughty boy but very cute and sweet so I guess it balances out. The white one is Aspen, she's...special. they aren't bonded because Aspen likes to think she's in the UFC.

Attachments

• IMG_20190921_143219.jpg
    IMG_20190921_143219.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20180629_121030.jpg
    IMG_20180629_121030.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Your bunnies are cute!!
Owner of 4 chinchillas chiming in- they're reallll cute. Can highly recommend if you enjoy dying of cuteness and soft clouds multiple times daily.

• Love
This post is useless without pictures
:laugh: working on it! She came in with a temperature of 83 (yes, 83!!!!), hypoglycemic, white gums, agonal, with pus oozing out of her vulva. She gave birth to 3 dead kittens 4 days prior. And she herself wasn't even 3 pounds! Anyway, she miraculously came back to life after a blood transfusion and being spayed. I let my husband name her since I brought another animal into our house (when I was under strict orders not to, oops) and he chose Delilah!

What brand coveralls did you get???
Dickies!

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
:laugh: working on it! She came in with a temperature of 83 (yes, 83!!!!), hypoglycemic, white gums, agonal, with pus oozing out of her vulva. She gave birth to 3 dead kittens 4 days prior. And she herself wasn't even 3 pounds! Anyway, she miraculously came back to life after a blood transfusion and being spayed. I let my husband name her since I brought another animal into our house (when I was under strict orders not to, oops) and he chose Delilah!

Dickies!

Aww poor little baby! I’m glad she has a great home now :)

Also pshhhh those rules go out the window when they’re unplanned :p

Just kidding, I forgot I have this picture! Forgot to mention her tail is a nubbin :love:

A4F07C5E-D01D-4400-B3B5-F0F067402029.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Cutest kitten!!! I have no pets right now (all of mine were geriatric and passed last year) so I’m walking into vet school arms wide open saying “come to mama”! Lolol

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Cutest kitten!!! I have no pets right now (all of mine were geriatric and passed last year) so I’m walking into vet school arms wide open saying “come to mama”! Lolol
That’s a good position to be in! I have to say no to all the things for a bit :p

Just curious if it’s normal for people to sign leases without seeing the apartment/house? Given the situation, I’m not able to see places in person but my parents don’t want me to sign a lease without seeing it in person.
I will be but it is scary.

Holy moly, anyone else feel like summer snuck up real quick?

I just scheduled movers o_O

Yup! Just drove across country from TX to KS to move out of the frat house and then a day later from KS to West Virginia for my summer job!

• Wow
Yup! Just drove across country from TX to KS to move out of the frat house and then a day later from KS to West Virginia for my summer job!
That’s a lot of moving!!

Has anyone heard anything from their schools regarding fall classes? Just wondering.

Has anyone heard anything from their schools regarding fall classes? Just wondering.
tOSU is hoping to have a hybrid delivery - in person labs (in small groups) and online classes. However this depends on what the university decides upon as a whole, which should happen in mid-June. So for now we’re hoping for hybrid delivery. Thought Ohio is pretty much ending the stay at home order restrictions, so we may end up in person. Who knows at this point.

We've been told they hope to start in person, but they're making contingency plans. We're all a bit worried about visa applications and plane tickets and whether we'd be stuck paying for multiple rents. Really anxious to have more concrete plans.

NCSU sent out an email today saying right now they're planning on a hybrid delivery.

I'm curious about CSU's plan, but I'm no longer in their didactic portion, so I wouldn't be receiving any email updates regarding that unless it's specifically in relation to the third year classroom, since we use that for grand rounds.

I was told that it's likely we'll go in person and then have to go back online again during a second wave later this year, but that's also obviously a wait and see thing since they can't exactly predict when that will happen and let us know in advance.

As of right now, Purdue plans to have our orientation (and I assume classes) in person

Reactions: 1 users
Lsu is doing our orientation online, requiring 1st years to self isolate for two weeks before classes but has set up a hybrid, in person and online schedule. They are aiming for hybrid. Also our blue coat and freshman leadership experience was moved to later in the semester.

As of right now, Purdue plans to have our orientation (and I assume classes) in person

And possibly a modified schedule to reduce breaks, with classes after Thanksgiving break potentially being online.

CSU is waiting until July to officially decide for the fall.

Tufts is giving us a final decision in mid July, but last we heard is hoping for a hybrid model to start. Labs might all be shifted to the end of the semester if we can't have in person classes.

Does anyone the parent income max for the HPSL and LDS loans? :oops: