Class of 2023 Veterinary HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes. I did MEPS in Pennsylvania while my recruiter was in Florida. I had pretty much finished my entire application while in a different state from my recruiter.
Yes you can and do not wait til October! The application is due in beginning November if they keep the same deadline as last time (which the moved back from the original deadline of August). I did my MEPS in Florida and my recruiter was in New York. It is a bit more of a process on the recruiters part but it can be done

Okay awesome, thank you! In your opinion, should I try contacting the WA recruiter again and say I'd prefer to work with them or should I just call the CO people and tell them that I need to start right now? Does the recruiter HAVE to be the one that works closest with the school you attend?

And yes, I know to not wait until then. I was so shocked and honestly appalled when they told me they wouldn't start anything until October.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay awesome, thank you! In your opinion, should I try contacting the WA recruiter again and say I'd prefer to work with them or should I just call the CO people and tell them that I need to start right now? Does the recruiter HAVE to be the one that works closest with the school you attend?

And yes, I know to not wait until then. I was so shocked and honestly appalled when they told me they wouldn't start anything until October.
I'd trying PMing @Armyhealth to see if he can hook you up with someone. I think you might have to work with someone close to your vet school because otherwise idk how they'd do the commissioning if you got it, but I don't know for sure. You might try contacting CSU (that's where you're going, right?) and seeing if they have contact info for a specific recruiter that students have worked with in the past. I actually found my recruiter because UF sent out his info.

Reactions: 1 user

I contacted the recruiter on here @Armyhealth and if he doesn't reply then I can contact a recruiter I know to see who your local recruiter would be. It really does not matter what team you work with. You do not HAVE to work with the one closest to the school. I completed my entire packet through a recruiter in New York while I was in Florida and I would be attending Kansas State in the fall. The location of the recruiter does not matter. What matters is the recruiter willingness to help and work with you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd trying PMing @Armyhealth to see if he can hook you up with someone. I think you might have to work with someone close to your vet school because otherwise idk how they'd do the commissioning if you got it, but I don't know for sure. You might try contacting CSU (that's where you're going, right?) and seeing if they have contact info for a specific recruiter that students have worked with in the past. I actually found my recruiter because UF sent out his info.

Sent you a message, I can easily connect you with someone.

Coming into this first semester, I expected to be only one of a few people applying for the program from my class. Apparently there are 4 confirmed people applying and it seems like there are probably 3 more that are thinking about it. The increased competition makes me so nervous.

Coming into this first semester, I expected to be only one of a few people applying for the program from my class. Apparently there are 4 confirmed people applying and it seems like there are probably 3 more that are thinking about it. The increased competition makes me so nervous.

Recruiters are getting better and better about getting the word out and every year the number seems to increase a bit. It is crazy since 5 or so years ago we had trouble even finding enough applicants to fill our programs.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I just found this thread, I'm applying to the HPSP program too for 2023. My recruiter told me that the HPSP panel will meet in December to select applicants for this year. Does that mean we will be informed in December around the same time? Or will it take a while to hear back?

Thanks!

Hey guys! I just found this thread, I'm applying to the HPSP program too for 2023. My recruiter told me that the HPSP panel will meet in December to select applicants for this year. Does that mean we will be informed in December around the same time? Or will it take a while to hear back?

Thanks!
I heard back January 2nd.

Was informed today by my recruiter that I was placed on the OML list. Does anyone have insight on how common it is for people to get accepted from the waitlist?

I was also placed on the OML. It’s basically impossible to be pulled off of the OML, so I don’t have high hopes.

My recruiter said that they pull from the OML monthly by rank. So there's a chance but there's no way to know what rank you are on the list. One of my friends was pulled from OML last year, a couple months after results were released.

It is very rare that anyone gets pulled off of the OML. To be pulled off of the OML that means someone had to have declined the scholarship or dropped out of vet school. There was a mix up last year with the people getting selected for it and those put on the OML. There is always a chance of getting called off the OML but it is a very slim chance especially with how great this scholarship is and how rigorous the selection process it.