Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just a heads up, some programs have left comments in the notes section of your caspr application. Although our official date is Dec4 where we all will find out eventually I noticed a few programs that left comments already letting you know for those who are curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Rankings due tomorrow and part two scores released the following day. Good luck to everyone

Reactions: 1 users
Out of curiosity, what happens to people who are last in the class? Statistically, one person have to be last

Rankings due tomorrow and part two scores released the following day. Good luck to everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity, what happens to people who are last in the class? Statistically, one person have to be last
Pit of Misery
tenor.gif

Reactions: 2 users

some schools have a 100% match rate. So for those cats, slacking paid off. Cant say about other schools however...

you're still called doctor...
But in all realness, its like any other medical field. Landing a residency will be more difficult, but not impossible, but you'll be excluded from even clerking at certain programs which reduces your chances right from the get go.

Also for anyone out there that has to repeat part two boards, or the clinical portion, I wish them good luck. I can't even imagine having to crack open the books to do it again. Im dying on the inside for those who do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I mean, people have to land somewhere right? What else are you sopposed to do with 250k+ of student loan debt?

Does the scramble usually place those remaining? I would think even at that point undisirable locations matter.

you're still called doctor...
But in all realness, its like any other medical field. Landing a residency will be more difficult, but not impossible, but you'll be excluded from even clerking at certain programs which reduces your chances right from the get go.

Also for anyone out there that has to repeat part two boards, or the clinical portion, I wish them good luck. I can't even imagine having to crack open the books to do it again. Im dying on the inside for those who do.

Match day coming up soon! Its funny looking back on this thread and how we were talking about anatomy and biochem... I hope everyone in the class of 2018 gets where they wanted to end up.

Reactions: 3 users
Match day coming up soon! Its funny looking back on this thread and how we were talking about anatomy and biochem... I hope everyone in the class of 2018 gets where they wanted to end up.
Just a lowly pre-med but just wanted to say good luck guys!

I mean, people have to land somewhere right? What else are you sopposed to do with 250k+ of student loan debt?

Does the scramble usually place those remaining? I would think even at that point undisirable locations matter.

There were some very competitive programs that scrambled this year, however they were far and few. These places ended up still getting very qualified candidates. A lot of the programs I noticed that scramble are those that are PMSR only, at which point if you are in MP II round 5, its probably what you will have to take. Its crazy to see how match works out.