All Branch Topic (ABT) Class of 2015 Military Match Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what is the exact website?

Members don't see this ad.

1c7d822e4bd51bda19704c9c97e7303e.jpg

Almost time

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope the Air Force releases results at midnight like the Army since they are using MODS now for their application process.

Well it turns out IM, Pediatrics, Pathology, and Neurology didn't fill this year at least for the army. Is there a way to get any specifics to which sites exactly didn't fill up. I'm wondering for a specialty like IM, do they publish which sites remain open and which sites get filled?

How sure are you that it was only people who didn't match who received that rebuttal email?

Apparently people that didn't match just got an email about the rebuttal process.
That's not right. I talked to patricia norman who sent the email and it was sent to everyone. Plus, I applied for IM and it remained unfilled so pretty sure I matched at least somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
2 years as a GMO

I'm approaching four years post med school. 8 years is a long time to wait for a specialty. Hopefully I match or get FTOS...if not...civilian life here I come.

I haven't received an email...but I don't think that means anything.

Last edited:
Best of luck to those waiting… I hope you hear good things…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it turns out IM, Pediatrics, Pathology, and Neurology didn't fill this year at least for the army. Is there a way to get any specifics to which sites exactly didn't fill up. I'm wondering for a specialty like IM, do they publish which sites remain open and which sites get filled?

last year for the rebuttal process they wouldn't tell me what sites were still open. they just said to rank them all again if i was interested for one of the unfilled specialties.

last year for the rebuttal process they wouldn't tell me what sites were still open. they just said to rank them all again if i was interested for one of the unfilled specialties.

that's a little strange as to why they wouldn't disclose that information since for me the only reason why I would do that process is to change location but not specialty. Its strange since it counter productive to try the rebuttal process to get to another site if that site is already full. I know I should just wait and see and I might just end up where I want to end up anyway but I'm always just that "worst case scenario" person. I hate waitng.

Congrats to all you who are matching over the next few days.

Could someone with more knowledge clear this up for me:

The match that is about to go down --> Is it for all GME?
Like 4th year Med Students looking for PGY1, Interns for PGY2 and GMOs for PGY2?

Navy Specific question - For those applying PGY1, your "match" is really only for the first year right? Its basically like an extended audition rotation and then you're back applying again the next year for your PGY2? Are there any matches that are for a PGY1-X at this point?

Thanks

It has been too long since anyone has posted for such an important countdown.

3hrs and 30minutes

Did we decide that the results we be under "board status" in the drop down tAb?

They're out! Got my number 1! Time to cancel the rest of those civilian interviews!

Any idea if GMO/flight/dive status for Navy will be posted to the MODS site? I haven't found anything on there so I'm assuming we get an email at some point, right? Once again Big Navy made this application process crystal clear.

Flyboy, are you army or AF? I matched anesthesia too, going to SAMMC! Congrats#

Reactions: 1 users
Does any one know if the Navy lets you swap residencies if you can find someone to do that with? Matched my last choice in San Diego and my fiance is applying to residencies all on the east coast?

Any word on the navy pgy2 list?

Alternate for PM&R. In all likelihood...they didn't open a slot again. Looks like I will be a civilian in a few years.

Alternate for PM&R. In all likelihood...they didn't open a slot again. Looks like I will be a civilian in a few years.
You've been a FS for 4 years now? Isn't your obligation done then?

You've been a FS for 4 years now? Isn't your obligation done then?

My commitment is up this summer...but my wife is in residency here in the town I am stationed. There isn't a PM&R residency here. So I extended a year for her to finish up training. I am currently applying to civilian PM&R for advanced programs...2016 cycle. Hopefully I will match and go civilian for 2016.

Does anyone have the list for Navy yet?

When do the emails for new interns start to come out? Report date, moving questions etc

Just got the master list. Nobody matched to Navy PM&R again this year. Two alternates for NCC and one alternate for deferment. Alternate means "we liked you, but we didn't have a spot".

Woohoo! Got my #1 Psych San Antonio.