Class action lawsuit against Board of Nursing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is getting derailed.

The question I think OP was getting at is: why on Earth would anyone go to medical school and endure a rigorous residency if in the future all you need to do is become a nurse? Also, is that fair to patients and can single studies really prove that NPs are equivalent to their MD counterparts? If MDs are required to pass the USMLE then why shouldn't NPs have to as well? Why do they get watered down tests?

What I know having taken classes alongside nursing students and medical students is this: if I was a cheater (which I am not) and I had an average nursing student to my left and an average medical student to my right I would look to the right without hesitation.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is getting derailed.

The question I think OP was getting at is: why on Earth would anyone go to medical school and endure a rigorous residency if in the future all you need to do is become a nurse? Also, is that fair to patients and can single studies really prove that NPs are equivalent to their MD counterparts? If MDs are required to pass the USMLE then why shouldn't NPs have to as well? Why do they get watered down tests?

What I know having taken classes alongside nursing students and medical students is this: if I was a cheater (which I am not) and I had an average nursing student to my left and an average medical student to my right I would look to the right without hesitation.

All good points, except that the OP was trying to start a flame war (against TOS) which is all she ever does.

Reactions: 1 users
Bro, I personally know of a PA program that is taught at a community college in conjunction with another college that has no med school affiliation. Even if your BS was true, means nothing. A med student is no more prepared to handle cases than a busboy.
Thank you for enlightening me. I was not aware. More often than not, they are conjoined with medical schools. However, your last comment confirmed you're an idiot or troll. Neither of which I could benefit from engaging with.

That is correct... Miami Dade College is one of them (albeit it is not longer a CC), but the second part of your statement is [insert]...

So you're saying a med student is qualified to diagnose and prescribe a course of treatment? Wait til reality hits your arrogant ass.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for enlightening me. I was not aware. More often than not, they are conjoined with medical schools. However, your last comment confirmed you're an idiot or troll. Neither of which I could benefit from engaging with.

In fairness, there are two online PA programs out there. I don't really want to go down this road because it is clear PA education is more rigorous, however variability does exist.

So you're saying a med student is qualified to diagnose and prescribe a course of treatment? Wait til reality hits your arrogant ass.
If you're willing to place your healthcare control into the hands of someone with an online masters degree and 700 clinical hours, I'd think you'd be willing to do the same with someone who completed 2 years of medical school and half of their rotations in their third year (accumulation of way more than 700 hours). Call me crazy though I guess.

A med student is no more prepared to handle cases than a busboy.

I find this statement to be absurd. To suggest that a busboy with zero medical knowledge would be equivalent to four years of advanced medical education is beyond ridiculous. We do four years of training to become general dentists, would you really choose a busboy over a 1st year dentist for your dental care? Why am I paying so much tuition and studying so hard to pass my classes if I could learn as much about dentistry by bussing tables at Denny's?

Too many trolls for me. Leaving the thread.

Care to provide proof of that? I live in Cleveland. We have Cleveland State University/CCC, no med school. Baldwin Wallace, no med school. University of Findlay, no med school. Lake Erie College, a community college. Want me to keep going?

Last edited:
You are definitely a troll!

You're the one suggesting a medical student is better prepared to treat a patient than an NP. You're the troll. Leave now troll!!! Be gone!!!1

If you're willing to place your healthcare control into the hands of someone with an online masters degree and 700 clinical hours, I'd think you'd be willing to do the same with someone who completed 2 years of medical school and half of their rotations in their third year (accumulation of way more than 700 hours). Call me crazy though I guess.

I work in a teaching hospital ER. I see med students every day. No, a fourth year is not qualified in any way.

What does that say about newly graduated nurses?

So now a new grad RN is the same as a NP? Really? Do you read what you're writing or can you not see the crap you're blowing out your ass? I'm glad you're comfortable with a PA who got his degree at a community college.

I think you should be banned for impersonating a physician... but thats just me.
They are a fourth applying to residency. The certainty of them being a physician is as high as any threshold we could reasonably use. You joined the site today and frankly sound like a complete *****.

They are a fourth applying to residency. The certainty of them being a physician is as high as any threshold we could reasonably use. You joined the site today and frankly sound like a complete *****.

I joined the site today? Oh really? That's fine, I guess impersonating a doctor is ok even though there are literally laws against it.

So you're not really a doctor but trying to represent yourself as one? Interesting....

I will admit the added prestige of two letters on an anonymous Internet forum really does it for me. You really peered into my soul and saw me for who I truly am. Way to call me out on my insecurities.

Or I simply graduate in 4 months, have no more exams to take, and am saving myself the hassle of creating a new username.

People are so sensitive. It's not like I'm wearing a white coat and introducing myself as doctor to patients. That would be really really stupid.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.