citation format for Case Reports

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Igor4sugry

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to format reference section for a case report.
What format do I use for this?

Is it Chicago Manual of Style?
Or something else?

Also, is there a free online citation maker (EasyBib only does MLA free)

Members don't see this ad.

Check the journal u considering sending to.
Sincerely I dont even know the differences. But I use ENDNOTE which is a kind of software that is connected to the word document and when I quote something from a journal, I just go to endnote..and then ask to cite it. it cites the journal per the way it is cited on pubmed and it puts the references in order for me. When I discovered it...I thought it was so cool

Check the journal u considering sending to.
Sincerely I dont even know the differences. But I use ENDNOTE which is a kind of software that is connected to the word document and when I quote something from a journal, I just go to endnote..and then ask to cite it. it cites the journal per the way it is cited on pubmed and it puts the references in order for me. When I discovered it...I thought it was so cool

I have to echo this; each journal is different. Using something like endnote means you can change formatting at will thus making it very easy to switch the style per journal. Usually, a journal will have an endnote template available for use (it makes things easier!)