Chronic disease management

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lumbago90

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
as someone from abroad can someone sum up all chronic diseases that are managed in american primary care ? I couldnt find any precise information about it on the net.
I know you manage hypertension, dyslipidemia, type 2 diabetes, COPD, astma, chronic kidney disease, hypothyreidism, coronary disease. What am I missing. I know it can differ from place to place but what diseases all family doctors manage ? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure it would be possible to list all of them but those are the big ones. A few more that come to mind are heart failure, a fib, tobacco and substance use disorders, obesity, fatty liver disease, GERD, and osteoarthritis.

Members don't see this ad :)
And what about more exotic diseases like idiopathic pulmory fibrosis, sarcoidosis, lupus, malignant tumours. Is it possible to manage diseases like this in us primary care ?

Depression and chronic anxiety
Chronic back pain

Reactions: 1 user
And what about more exotic diseases like idiopathic pulmory fibrosis, sarcoidosis, lupus, malignant tumours. Is it possible to manage diseases like this in us primary care ?
I won’t touch them other than SLE have a lot of those and once stable we baby sit them until flareups