Choosing Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BobaBoy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

What are some resources to help me decide which DO school I will ultimately attend? So far I am waitlisted for PNWU and RVCOM, accepted to William Carey University, and will interview for ICOM. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Geography outweighs every other factor. If you want to do your residency training in a particular region, go to a medical school within that region.

Reactions: 1 user
I personally have looked at first-time board pass rates, curriculum set-up, grading structure, and research opportunities to aid my decisions. If you're gunning for a competitive specialty, I would look at their match lists as well. Also keep location in mind. You may want to live in a different climate or prioritize closeness to your support system. I don't remember where I found it, but someone made a spreadsheet where you can list different factors, assign priorities, and numerically rank where they fall. I'm very much a numbers person and feel like I could holistically evaluate each school. Feel free to PM me if you want the link :)

Reactions: 1 users
I'd love to have the link and any advice on my current choices too. Thanks!