Chimp who new sign language dies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That makes me sad. I remember learning about Washoe in psychology, my professor always used to mention her or the Gardners at least once a lecture. I think it was those lectures that peaked my interest in primates- enough that I am now working with them every day :)

This really caught my attention:
She was taken to the veterinary hospital at Washington State University on Wednesday for a necropsy.

Wow! To be a student on necropsy rotation when this happened...

Members don't see this ad :)
How sad....and every day in every town in every state in every country all over the world husbands, wives, sons, and daughters...die. Wow the chimp's a marvel...but I for one care far more about the lives of the people around me than any monkey anywhere. Just me.

How sad....and every day in every town in every state in every country all over the world husbands, wives, sons, and daughters...die. Wow the chimp's a marvel...but I for one care far more about the lives of the people around me than any monkey anywhere. Just me.

Hey, that's cool that you care so much about people all over the world. But, if you care more about people, then why are you a vet student and not a doctor? Yes, I agree it's sad that so many people die, but it's also sad when an animal that has taught us so much dies. I think that was the point of the article.

i thaught it was the 1st chimp that could sing? i don't know, mabe i read our papers article wrong!:mad::(

It's not a contest. Just because someone expresses sentiments about a famous chimp on a veterinary-associated message board doesn't mean they don't care about people.

And chimps aren't monkeys, they're apes. Like people.

It's not a contest. Just because someone expresses sentiments about a famous chimp on a veterinary-associated message board doesn't mean they don't care about people.

And chimps aren't monkeys, they're apes. Like people.

Well said Bill

That is sad.

For the record, I'm sad when monkeys die too :oops:

I've never had any of my monks or non-human apes judge me so harshly for caring about another living being. Human or non-human. :rolleyes:

aww, you call them "monks" too :D