Chief Resident's Letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thesauce

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our registrar informed us today that some programs may require a "Chief Resident's Letter." Does anyone know of any RadOnc programs that require this?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I personally have not heard this. They don't mean a chief resident from your home institution, right? Since my school doesn't have a home program. =P

I personally have not heard this. They don't mean a chief resident from your home institution, right? Since my school doesn't have a home program. =P

The email was sent to the whole class, so I assume they weren't speaking specifically of RadOnc. However, it doesn't make sense for ANY field, so I'm not sure what to think.

Did anyone get a letter from a chief resident?

Members don't see this ad :)
No!

I do not think you need one of these.

No way! In fact, many people have a hard time already with having too many letters, for example, if you want to send one from your research mentor, one or two from away rotations, one or two from home faculty/PD etc. you will find you can't send all the ones you would like too. Wasting one of them on a resident's letter would be a big mistake.