Chicago State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was accepted today...I'm pretty excited.
Born and raised in Chicago...and I can honestly say that the CSU neighborhood isn't dangerous...at least not anymore than other Chicago neighborhoods.
It shouldn't stop ppl for attending the school.

I have a B.S. in biochem and a Master's.
PCAT 85
GPA undergrad 3.1
Master's 3.7

Members don't see this ad.

Born and raised in Chicago...and I can honestly say that the CSU neighborhood isn't dangerous...at least not anymore than other Chicago neighborhoods.

PCAT 85
GPA undergrad 3.1
Master's 3.7

Congrats!:)

PCAT 85
GPA undergrad 3.1
Master's 3.7

Congrats!

When was your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview was Feb. 11th.

I just had my Midwestern Interview yesterday...it went pretty well to....but super long!

I am happy for all accepted. I genuinely hope that the school becomes accredited when you graduate. If not you will be up to your a** in student loans and will not be able to sit for the NAPLEX if the school is not accredited. i.e. no way to payback your loans.

And yes, anyone can open a pharmacy school and not be accredited. In fact a whole graduating class had this happen to them recently in Hawaii after it was awarded pre-candidate status. I think that it all straightened out over a few years, but you should be aware of the consequences if the school is not accredited. The worst part is that it will be near impossible to transfer from a school that is not accredited- if the school will even take transfer students. The fact that the board will not even make a campus visit for pre-candidate status.:scared: eeek! This is why it seems everyone is attacking the school on this post.

I truly hope everything goes well, I just wanted to let all involved know that you could be in need of some KY after graduation.:eek:

My interview was Feb. 11th.

I just had my Midwestern Interview yesterday...it went pretty well to....but super long!

Anyone else got interviews?? And Hey, Rumor, is CHi State your first choice?

I am happy for all accepted. I genuinely hope that the school becomes accredited when you graduate. If not you will be up to your a** in student loans and will not be able to sit for the NAPLEX if the school is not accredited. i.e. no way to payback your loans.

And yes, anyone can open a pharmacy school and not be accredited. In fact a whole graduating class had this happen to them recently in Hawaii after it was awarded pre-candidate status. I think that it all straightened out over a few years, but you should be aware of the consequences if the school is not accredited. The worst part is that it will be near impossible to transfer from a school that is not accredited- if the school will even take transfer students. The fact that the board will not even make a campus visit for pre-candidate status.:scared: eeek! This is why it seems everyone is attacking the school on this post.

I truly hope everything goes well, I just wanted to let all involved know that you could be in need of some KY after graduation.:eek:

Just to correct u, the school in hawaii u r talking abt never even achieved pre-accreditation but they still went aheard and opened. It was barely a year after opening that they were closed hence no class ever got to graduation point. As of now the present pharmacy school in hawaii has nothing to do with that school hence the problem was never rectified.
Pre-accreditation is the hardest to achieve hence if a school achieves this, it's positive news for the future. A pharmacy school can not start classes without pre-accreditation. Students of a school which is a candidate for accreditation (which comes before full accreditation) are eligible to take the NAPLEX.
Congrats to all who got or will get accepted.

rumor, congrats on your acceptance to CSU. what was the interview like? if you don't mind sharing, what questions did they ask you?

anyone who got an interview at Chicago State, please share your story.

i just found out today that i was accepted! i am sooo excited! i cant stop smiling. my mouth hurts~ what a GREAT DAY! thanks rumor for your advice with everything! YAYYYYY!!! class of 2012!

i just found out today that i was accepted! i am sooo excited! i cant stop smiling. my mouth hurts~ what a GREAT DAY! thanks rumor for your advice with everything! YAYYYYY!!! class of 2012!

Ittybitty congrats!! I know u really wanted that so thats great! So can you tell me stats, are u from chicago, are u a minority, and when you interviewed?
Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone has heard from Chicago State. I also applied and still waiting to hear back. One of the admissions people told me that we should hear back no later than April since that's the last month they are holding interviews!

Anyone who's gone through the CSU interview process, would you share you experience. I have an interview coming up, any feedback would be great! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
i have an interview coming up too..it wud be great if someone cud share their experience :)

yeah what is the interview like... i have mine April 1st. Im not really too worried since I've been accepted to Midwestern, but I figured I'd listen to their pitch before I rule them out completely... the tuition and its proximity to my house are very appealing...
but i still cant get over the accreditation part...

hey sellout59 good luck on ure interview..wud u tell me how ure interview went. i have mine on 4rth and it wud help me to know wat to look for :)
thanks

yeah what is the interview like... i have mine April 1st. Im not really too worried since I've been accepted to Midwestern, but I figured I'd listen to their pitch before I rule them out completely... the tuition and its proximity to my house are very appealing...
but i still cant get over the accreditation part...

When did they inform you about the interview?

I have submitted my application in february, still haven't heard anything.

yeah, when did u guys hear back from CSU about the interviews?

When did they inform you about the interview?

I have submitted my application in february, still haven't heard anything.

i got an email about a week ago, i sent my application in late february I think. Id double check your email, it was not as official as i would have thought, it wasn't from the school if i remember correctly just an admin from them. [email protected] or something

yea same here..i got an email march 18th from Amalia Diaz

My interview is also April 1, I completed my application beggining of August and I received an email last week with an invitation for an interview.. hope that info helps.. :)

Hey, will those getting interviews in April please post your stats? Would be greatly appreciated! And congrats by the way!

I got interview invitation today for April 7.

My interview is also April 1, I completed my application beggining of August and I received an email last week with an invitation for an interview.. hope that info helps.. :)

Tell ur interview experience after the interview. Also if you can share the process of interview, like they ask essay or not, interview style, that would be helpful.

I got an email for an invitation for April 9th! For those who have gone, please let us know how it went and what to expect.

hey anyone knows how long after the interview do they tell us if we r in or not? and also if someone cud share their experience of their interview..it wud be nice

It was an okay experience, I dont think my interview went as well as I would have liked. I already had been accepted by Midwestern but since CSU is a lot closer to my house, and a lot cheaper I figured I might as well go check it out.

The only bad part was you have to sit around for about an hour just waiting to get interviewed because you have to wait your turn, which is fine i guess but it gets kind of boring. I didn't know the dean they got was the one that started up the Midwestern in Arizona and Downer's Grove, so that really put my mind at ease a bit towards the accreditation. I think they said they are interviewing 216 students and letting in 82 or so and 15 have accepted already.

The only thing that concerned me is that they know that the construction is not going to be done by the fall, so they still have to figure out where some of the classes and labs might have to go.

Overall I thought it was a good experience, and thought they seemed to have it more together than a lot of people on this board seem to think, but then again I'm sure theyre not giving the most unbiased take on it.

If anyone has any specific questions I'll try to answer them later tonite when i get back from the library

It was an okay experience, I dont think my interview went as well as I would have liked. I already had been accepted by Midwestern but since CSU is a lot closer to my house, and a lot cheaper I figured I might as well go check it out.

The only bad part was you have to sit around for about an hour just waiting to get interviewed because you have to wait your turn, which is fine i guess but it gets kind of boring. I didn't know the dean they got was the one that started up the Midwestern in Arizona and Downer's Grove, so that really put my mind at ease a bit towards the accreditation. I think they said they are interviewing 216 students and letting in 82 or so and 15 have accepted already.

The only thing that concerned me is that they know that the construction is not going to be done by the fall, so they still have to figure out where some of the classes and labs might have to go.

Overall I thought it was a good experience, and thought they seemed to have it more together than a lot of people on this board seem to think, but then again I'm sure theyre not giving the most unbiased take on it.

If anyone has any specific questions I'll try to answer them later tonite when i get back from the library

Was there any essay writing? Do they give information session? How was the interview panel?

Hi, congrats to all that got invited...I think you'd be alot more impressed. I got accepted after the March 4th interview, I think XYZ pretty much summarized everything.

There is no essay writing!

Was there any essay writing? Do they give information session? How was the interview panel?

Yeah no essay writing... theres about a half hour chat were they go over the accrediation process. The dean talked to us for a minute or two via teleconference because he was stuck at home due to a surgery.

The two peopel who interviewed me were very very nice and laughed a lot. Most people seemed to say the same thing about their interviewers, except for the people who met in the student union. I guess they sat at one end of a very long table and the interviewers at the other end, and everyone said they were shocked to hear us say how laid back our interviewers were.

Hello! This is the first time I've tried doing this, so I hope it works.:confused: I have an interview on Friday at CSU and am FREAKING OUT!!!! I would love to hear some updates from people on how their interviews went. What happened? What kind of questions did they ask? How long before you got an answer on your acceptance ( or denial :()? Good luck to all those who are interviewing!

I've got my interview on Wednesday! Those who've already had their interview, can u let us know what kind of questions they asked and how their interview went! PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs:eek:

I've got my interview on Wednesday! Those who've already had their interview, can u let us know what kind of questions they asked and how their interview went! PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs:eek:

Just 30 min interview. No essay writing:)! Also associate dean and assistant dean will provide with all info. As far as questions go, u can check mock interview questions.

All the best to you and all who has the interview on 04/09 and 04/10.

I had my interview April 1st and I just got an email saying I'm accepted.....................

Pending they get pre-candidate status.... now i have to decide if it would be worth the 8,000 extra dollars a year to go to Midwestern instead.

wow congratulations!!! waht kind of questions did they ask u? was it an open file or closed file interview?

wow congratulations!!! waht kind of questions did they ask u? was it an open file or closed file interview?

It was pretty much all hypothetical situations, which I really do not think i did a good job answering. I'm gonna guess it was closed file, because they didnt really ask me anything specific but they never said specifically

I had my interview April 1st and I just got an email saying I'm accepted.....................

Pending they get pre-candidate status.... now i have to decide if it would be worth the 8,000 extra dollars a year to go to Midwestern instead.

I was also in the April 1st group and this morning i received an email from CSU saying that I am accepted to their College of Pharmacy Program. Congrats sellout59!

I was also in the April 1st group and this morning i received an email from CSU saying that I am accepted to their College of Pharmacy Program. Congrats sellout59!

Hey, congrats to you too! I wonder if we chatted at all. How are you feeling about the accrediation thing... through a bizarre series of events I ended up calling the dean and talking to him about it.

none

Last edited:
Congrats Sellout59, I receieved an invitation for interview on April 14th, can u plzz further clarify "hypothetical Q's" like were they like ethical??? n plus wat else u wish u knew ahead of interview, so that, I plus others who r interviewing might Benefit. Will appreciate ur feedback!

Not realy ethical maybe... more so questions like.. "give an example when..." The only other interview i ended up going to was Midwestern's and I think i felt a lot more comfortable in that format. Everyone else that was interviewed said it was really easy and not a big deal at all so I wouldnt really worry about it. All of the interviewers seemed extremely nice.

There weren't really any surprises, theres kind of a lot of sitting around waiting when other people are getting interviewed, and they talk a lot about diversity. One thing that they said in the beginning which really put my mind at ease was that the dean was the same dean who started the Midwestern Pharm Schools, which helped me not to worry as much about the accreditation issues, which still freak me out a bit.

Hey, congrats to you too! I wonder if we chatted at all. How are you feeling about the accrediation thing... through a bizarre series of events I ended up calling the dean and talking to him about it.
Thanks. yeah I wonder if we chatted lol. I was sitting close to the door next to guy that had U of I folder, which the assistant dean was commenting about.. well if you decided to go there ill see ya during orientation.

How was ur interview? How many students were there for interview?

there were 12 people including me being interviewed on weds. i think it went pretty well. they seemed really positive and optimistic about receiving pre-candidate status. dr ellison was very helpful and knowledgable about the whole situation. the campus however is very small. that was the only draw back for me and the fact that their "college of pharmacy" consisted of one floor of a building. oh well. hope to hear from them soon!

none

Last edited:
Hello SSPharm,
i have an interview on Monday , 7-45 am reporting time, can u sketch the outline like, wat do u do after u check in , plus any sugesstions or feedback abt Q's will be very helpful. How long did ur interview last??
I wish u , n every 1 else good luck in admission process, n hope evry 1 providing such a healthy n useful discussion abt this skool get in.

Hi There Ik007,
Well, you get there at 7:45am and Dr Ellison comes and meets with you. he talks to u about the school and what they offer. he tries to meet everyone and get to know them. Then, we break off into groups, one group goes for a tour of the campus and the other goes for interviews. After the tour, dr ellison comes back and talks about the accreditation of the school and how to prepare for it. Afterwards, the groups switch and then come back for a last discussion about the day and we eat lunch. the interview lasts about 1/2 hour.. and there's two people interviewing you. it's very chill and they try to make it as comfortable as they can. u will be fine. gluck to you and everyone else.

none

Last edited:
Thanx SSpharm,
the outline u provided is gud n helpful as I know wat to expect (no suprises). Gud luck 2 u n every 1 else

Let us know how was ur interview? How many people were there? Did they tell when would they let us know abt the decision? How was ur experience?

All the best to all of us.

Can u share ur stats please?

Can u share ur stats please?

Can u share ur stats please? I had my interview on 04/07/08, very tensed.