CHARLES DREW UNIVERSITY (CDU) POST BACC FALL 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Voltage003

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have not seen much information about CDU post-bacc program, so I figured I'd start a post for those who applied this cycle. Please feel free to share any information that you may have about the program. I'm curious to know what the average GPA is for those who are admitted.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am feeling the same way. They said interviews will be from April - May. Does that mean that they will start sending out invitations next week of in April? Also do you know what the stats were for the previous class that got it in?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am feeling the same way. They said interviews will be from April - May. Does that mean that they will start sending out invitations next week of in April? Also do you know what the stats were for the previous class that got it in
I’m not sure if they will start next week, but for sure April. And idk the stats from the previous class, but on the website it said minimum GPA 2.8

*Bump* Has anyone received an interview from CDU yet?

No, I emailed them. They said it will start sending them mid-late April. Do u know the average gpa they accept? Or if it’s a good program?

No, I emailed them. They said it will start sending them mid-late April. Do u know the average gpa they accept? Or if it’s a good program?
thanks for the update! this is my first choice program and am anxious about interviews, since I accepted my second choice school and they start rather early in mid-May :confused:I'm hoping I get the chance to interview with CDU before I have no choice but to start at the other program.

for average GPA, I'm not sure but i thought i saw somewhere in this forum the average science gpa needed was 3.2, but don't quote me on that lol. I'm applying as a career changer and since I couldn't find any GPA stats on that, I'm under the impression they are more so looking at if you are a good fit for their program and student body. In comparison with a place like Scripps who emphasizes GRE scores and boasts at their open house how the average accepted GPA for the non-traditional students is like 3.8 and above or whatever. For the few alumni I've been able to search for, it looks like they eventually matriculated into medical school.

This place is my first choice too. I’m waiting before I apply to other places. I’m a career changer too. The program seems competitive but I think you may be right about them accepting students who align with their mission and fit in to their program. I’m hoping we hear something soon. Mid April seems like towards the end of next week. I’m so anxious. Lol my lease is up on June so I need to know if I will be relocating to California.

This place is my first choice too. I’m waiting before I apply to other places. I’m a career changer too. The program seems competitive but I think you may be right about them accepting students who align with their mission and fit in to their program. I’m hoping we hear something soon. Mid April seems like towards the end of next week. I’m so anxious. Lol my lease is up on June so I need to know if I will be relocating to California.
I’m under the impression they might be operating like CSULA Post bacc program, where they review applications after the deadline, so no rolling admissions which is nice! Hoping all goes well for all of us !

I just received an interview invitation. Check your emails

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview. The questions are personal to your application. They said decisions will go out last week of May.

thanks for the update! this is my first choice program and am anxious about interviews, since I accepted my second choice school and they start rather early in mid-May :confused:I'm hoping I get the chance to interview with CDU before I have no choice but to start at the other program.

for average GPA, I'm not sure but i thought i saw somewhere in this forum the average science gpa needed was 3.2, but don't quote me on that lol. I'm applying as a career changer and since I couldn't find any GPA stats on that, I'm under the impression they are more so looking at if you are a good fit for their program and student body. In comparison with a place like Scripps who emphasizes GRE scores and boasts at their open house how the average accepted GPA for the non-traditional students is like 3.8 and above or whatever. For the few alumni I've been able to search for, it looks like they eventually matriculated into medical school.
Hey there! I also applied, where else did you apply to? This program is my top choice as well. I saw your post and was curious

Hey there! I also applied, where else did you apply to? This program is my top choice as well. I saw your post and was curious
most of of the cal states (because of costs), LMU, USC, Scripps and originally Mills but I think There was a merger so I got a refund from the school lol

Has anyone gotten an acceptance letter yet?

Anyone else hear anything from them or know if they will still be sending notifications next week too?

Last edited:
I interviewed and didn’t get anything. They said acceptances go out in May so I’m assuming I didn’t get in if I don’t hear anything by today.

I’m wondering the same thing. Did you get an interview?
I got an interview but haven’t heard anything from them yet. I emailed them asking to see if they are still sending out notifications but still waiting on a response.

I did the same. I’m still waiting on a response. Website says notifications are from May 1- May 31. Keep me posted if you hear anything.