character limit on PS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted904921

hey yall so in my PS i want to write about an extracurricular activity but i'm limited in my characters. would it be okay to mention the name of the club and what i did instead of mentioning it, describing what it is/does and then what i did - since i describd in my experiences section

or would it still be better for me to explain the club and what it does in my PS?

Members don't see this ad.

Mention the name and what you did. No need to be redundant and waste characters when you already cover it in the experiences section.

Reactions: 1 users
hey yall so in my PS i want to write about an extracurricular activity but i'm limited in my characters. would it be okay to mention the name of the club and what i did instead of mentioning it, describing what it is/does and then what i did - since i describd in my experiences section

or would it still be better for me to explain the club and what it does in my PS?
You don't have to discuss what the club does (unless the club is very unique and needs a bit of intro).

But, don't just TELL them what you did; talk about your accomplishments in the club. Showcase stories of your leadership within the club. That will make you stand out.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You don't have to discuss what the club does (unless the club is very unique and needs a bit of intro).

But, don't just TELL them what you did; talk about your accomplishments in the club. Showcase stories of your leadership within the club. That will make you stand out.
yeah thank you it's so hard descirbing all the experiences when we only have 4500 limit :( do u have some advice?

Is it okay if I don't state the club's name in my personal statement? Or is it recommended to include the student clubs? Thanks

Yes it is! I can't squeeze it in, I'm already over the limit and trying to cut it down :(

Yes it is! I can't squeeze it in, I'm already over the limit and trying to cut it down :(
same im really struggling with the 4500 character limit. i wish they could give us more .. premeds get 5300 :\
i think it depends - if you're trying to include something about the club to actively show what you're trying to convey it may help to just mention it since it's in ur experience section so the admissions will have an idea of what it is more. but if it's a general idea/statement then i think its fine to not mention it

same im really struggling with the 4500 character limit. i wish they could give us more .. premeds get 5300 :\
i think it depends - if you're trying to include something about the club to actively show what you're trying to convey it may help to just mention it since it's in ur experience section so the admissions will have an idea of what it is more. but if it's a general idea/statement then i think its fine to not mention it
haha I was thinking the same. I'm had the same problem