Chapman waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daniel86155

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering how I should take this waitlist as. Does this mean that my application was strong but not as strong as others? Does everyone that doesnt get accepted get placed on the waitlist? I dont know if it would be wise to ask these questions to chapman. Lastly, is there a good chance i might still be accepted? Thank you in advance for everything

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I was wondering how I should take this waitlist as. Does this mean that my application was strong but not as strong as others? Does everyone that doesnt get accepted get placed on the waitlist? I dont know if it would be wise to ask these questions to chapman. Lastly, is there a good chance i might still be accepted? Thank you in advance for everything
Take what I say with a grain of salt but I am also on the waitlist and I'll tell you how I feel about it. If you have good stats (near the average acceptance on ptcas) then you will be near the top of the waitlist probably. I'm below that with 3.39 gpa so I don't think my chances are likely. It seems as if they keep a deep waitlist since so many people have said they have been waitlisted on SDN.

Take what I say with a grain of salt but I am also on the waitlist and I'll tell you how I feel about it. If you have good stats (near the average acceptance on ptcas) then you will be near the top of the waitlist probably. I'm below that with 3.39 gpa so I don't think my chances are likely. It seems as if they keep a deep waitlist since so many people have said they have been waitlisted on SDN.

Thank you for this information! Yes, I am not getting my hopes up sadly.

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed and asked how they rank the wait list and this was the response: "The caliber of students in the applicant pool was excellent this year. Ultimately, preference went to candidates who greatly exceeded the minimum requirements and had no pending items including courses, degree conferral, and hours of experience. Many of our admitted students exceeded the last cohort’s academic averages: https://www.chapman.edu/crean/_files/Averages.pdf.
It was a very competitive group this year and though you may have met all the minimum requirements, we had the difficult task of filling a very limited number of seats. Regarding the wait-list, we employ a system that is based on an algorithm to group applicants into tiers. Unfortunately, we are not able to identify a specific rank on our wait-list. These details are outside of our purview.When space is available, our system will provide us with students to contact. If we have capacity to admit you and others, we will reach out to you by email and the seat(s) will go to whomever is first to confirm intent to enroll."

I emailed and asked how they rank the wait list and this was the response: "The caliber of students in the applicant pool was excellent this year. Ultimately, preference went to candidates who greatly exceeded the minimum requirements and had no pending items including courses, degree conferral, and hours of experience. Many of our admitted students exceeded the last cohort’s academic averages: https://www.chapman.edu/crean/_files/Averages.pdf.
It was a very competitive group this year and though you may have met all the minimum requirements, we had the difficult task of filling a very limited number of seats. Regarding the wait-list, we employ a system that is based on an algorithm to group applicants into tiers. Unfortunately, we are not able to identify a specific rank on our wait-list. These details are outside of our purview.When space is available, our system will provide us with students to contact. If we have capacity to admit you and others, we will reach out to you by email and the seat(s) will go to whomever is first to confirm intent to enroll."

For those of you finishing a prereq this semester, don't give up hope. I was accepted and I'm taking Physics 2 right now.

For those of you finishing a prereq this semester, don't give up hope. I was accepted and I'm taking Physics 2 right now.
Hello,

Were you originally on the wait list. Also, do you mind sayings what your stats are?

Hello,

Were you originally on the wait list. Also, do you mind sayings what your stats are?

No, I was never on the waitlist, but I was one of the last few that they accepted.

cGPA: 3.34
pGPA: 4.00
GRE: 161V, 154Q, 4W
Hours: 400+, around 90 of that is in-patient, three clinics.

Im also on the waitlist but from reading other forums it seems like they do put lots of people on the waitlist that meet the minimum requirements but that is all speculation.
It also seems like they favor pGPA. Its nice to know we arent waiting alone I guess

No, I was never on the waitlist, but I was one of the last few that they accepted.

cGPA: 3.34
pGPA: 4.00
GRE: 161V, 154Q, 4W
Hours: 400+, around 90 of that is in-patient, three clinics.
Do you know how many are currently in the class?

Im also on the waitlist but from reading other forums it seems like they do put lots of people on the waitlist that meet the minimum requirements but that is all speculation.
It also seems like they favor pGPA. Its nice to know we arent waiting alone I guess

I attended an information session in the fall and they did say they place all qualified applicants on the waitlist :(

Has anyone been taken off the waitlist for Chapman yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been taken off the waitlist for Chapman yet?

I'm a current student and someone a few days ago was asking about her friend being waitlisted, but then she got her acceptance the next day. From what I've seen, you could get your acceptance up to late March but it changes every cycle.

I just gave up my spot for the Fall class. Good luck to those on the waitlist.

I'm a current student and someone a few days ago was asking about her friend being waitlisted, but then she got her acceptance the next day. From what I've seen, you could get your acceptance up to late March but it changes every cycle.
Do they rank the waitlist?

I just declined my seat! I hope this helps one of you :). Good luck!!

I was just offered a seat at Chapman for Summer but declined. Good luck!

@Daniel86155

He asked if I was interested in summer even though I applied for fall, and said if so there's a seat for me. Then he said to let him know my thoughts ASAP otherwise he would offer it to someone else. It was very informal and there wasn't exactly a deadline per se. He said he would offer it to someone else if it was still open in the next couple of days.

Did anyone in the waitlist receive a survey yesterday ?

I just pulled out from their fall cohort, good luck everyone!

I gave up my spot on the waitlist! Good luck to everyone

Just completed the survey. Remaining on the WL for both cohorts.

I attended the informations session in March. What they say is everyone who meets requirements are placed onto the waitlist. And they put everyone into tiers. Those who are near or above the average will be high waitlist and so on. I think you're very lucky to be accepted to chapman. They are one of the oldest programs in the country, I think they said they were the first, comparing themselves to USC in terms of prestige. I say if you're still hoping to get a seat else where but aren't sure your chances, place the deposit and wait.

I took myself off of the waitlist. I doubt that I would have even gotten off of the list, but if I had, I wouldn't have gone for the tuition cost alone. I know, I should've thought about that more as I was applying, but it didn't hit me until later. They are seriously charging a tuition rate that can only be justified for an MD, not a DPT. It's crazy..

Just got accepted off the waitlist, may be declining

Just got accepted off the waitlist, may be declining

Were you accepted for the summer or fall class? Where might you be declining it for if you don't mind me asking?

Were you accepted for the summer or fall class? Where might you be declining it for if you don't mind me asking?

Summer. I declined it for St Augustine. Good luck all.

Edit: Got another email for Fall acceptance.

Last edited:
Who else received an email regarding the summer waitlist closing and asking if you wanted to be taken off the fall waitlist? I stayed on the waitlist but I'm losing hope at this point :/

Last edited:
Who else received an email regarding the summer waitlist closing and asking if you wanted to be taken off the fall waitlist? I stayed on the waitlist but I'm losing hope at this point :/

I got the same. Talked to Dustin and he said there's 400 people on the waitlist. He advised to start looking into reapplying. :/