Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fbplayr75

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry to plaque the board with a "what are my chances question", but I am a bit concerned about admissions for PT school

Lots of people have recently told me, including an admissions councilor at a DPT program that admissions this year are going to be extremly competative for state DPT schools.

Any thoughts?

My gpa is 3.85, prereq, I really don't know, i'd imagine around a 3.75. 300 hrs and counting at far as experience goes, and I haven't taken the GRE yet.

Should I worry about it or just ignore the hype?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I'm not an admissions committee, but I would say that your GPA is very good. Also, you have quite a lot of hours. Do well on the GRE, and I would think you will be fine. Apply to as many schools as you can. I'd say you have a good shot.

Looks good to me as well. You just have to get a competetive score on the GRE. A lo of students just do the 'required' hours and you are way ahead of that curve. It shows persistence and committment. You'll do fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your numbers look good. Do well on the GRE and get good letters from a PT and you'll be fine.