Chances of getting into residency.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

razanac15

Reaction score
Hi iam a US IMG, i scored very low (197) on step 1 and scored 234 on step 2. Year of graduation: 2018. I am interested in applying to psych residency for 2021. I have recommendations from the community clinic that I work. What can I do to bolster my application. Aside from externships, does working as a medical assistant/psych technician possess any value in getting there?
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi iam a US IMG, i scored very low (197) on step 1 and scored 234 on step 2. Year of graduation: 2018. I am interested in applying to psych residency for 2021. I have recommendations from the community clinic that I work. What can I do to bolster my application. Aside from externships, does working as a medical assistant/psych technician possess any value in getting there?
Thank you.

Just apply broad to Psych and community IM/FM. Statistics say you'll most likely end up with FM/community IM but doesn't hurt to apply to give Psych a shot or else you'll spend your time wondering what if.