General Admissions & OTCAS Chances of getting into GA/NC programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clcliff

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and wanted to take some time to see how my stats might stack up since I've started working on applications this cycle.

Major: BS in psychology w/ Spanish minor
GPA: 3.85
Pre-requisite GPA: 3.58. A in everything but B in A&P II and C in physics unfortunately.
Shadowing hours: 160 at OT-led summer camp for four summers in a row where I volunteered, 18 hours at peds clinic and 15 hours at a school, 18 hours doing the KECK virtual pre-OT summer program.
Extracurriculars: Writing tutor for a year at my college, working as a rehab tech at a rehab hospital since May, babysitting kids with disabilities, club member at college serving people with disabilities, presented a psychology project and Spanish project at my school's research conference.
GRE: Taking it August 4th and still pretty bad in quant. I've been getting 146ish quant scores in practice tests and around 160 in verbal.

Applying to: Augusta University, Lenoir-Rhyne, UNC Chapel Hill, and maybe Shenadoah and St. Augustine (though I've heard it doesn't have the greatest reputation?).

I'm mostly worried that I don't have enough leadership experience since I had bad social anxiety most of college and didn't join many organizations. Also kinda worried about that C in physics but it's only a pre-req at Augusta anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Applied last cycle with very similar stats and background (BS in Special Ed, lots of experience with kids with disabilities). Two of the schools I applied to were UNC and Lenoir Rhyne. I did not get an interview at UNC (not sure why) but I was accepted to LR with no interview needed. I ended up at a different program though. As long as your other application components are strong I think you have a great shot! Good luck!