Chances of being Accepted into a DPT program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Exsci1497

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be a senior this coming Fall so I'm doing my applications for DPT programs and was curious to see what my chances are of getting into a program with my current stats.

Degree: Exercise Science with a concentration in therapeutic sciences

Major GPA: 4.0
Cumulative GPA: 3.9

GRE: Haven't taken them yet, sometime in August I'm taking them

Observation hours: 80+ (verified) and plan on doing some more inpatient hours

Schools I'm planning to apply too: Stockton University, Kean University, Seton Hall University, Rutgers (North and South campus), Widener, University of the Sciences, Thomas Jefferson, Drexel, Temple, Columbia, & University of Hartford

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say you are off to a solid start, stats are very good, just don't bomb the GRE's and write a solid essay and i think you should be golden.

I'll be a senior this coming Fall so I'm doing my applications for DPT programs and was curious to see what my chances are of getting into a program with my current stats.

Degree: Exercise Science with a concentration in therapeutic sciences

Major GPA: 4.0
Cumulative GPA: 3.9

GRE: Haven't taken them yet, sometime in August I'm taking them

Observation hours: 80+ (verified) and plan on doing some more inpatient hours

Schools I'm planning to apply too: Stockton University, Kean University, Seton Hall University, Rutgers (North and South campus), Widener, University of the Sciences, Thomas Jefferson, Drexel, Temple, Columbia, & University of Hartford
I was wondering where you ended up going and whether or not you got into Rutgers, Stockton, Kean and Seton as those are the schools I applied to and I have similar stats. Thanks

Dude/Dudette, you’ll get in with those stats anywhere so don’t sweat. Do well on the GRE, I recommend GregMat for resources that won’t rip you off, it’s only $5 a month with 1000+ hours of video content and practice material straight from the GRE.
Probably need more hours like you stated but your plan sounds good to me.

Reactions: 1 user