Chances for a Top-10 MD Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beta Cell

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
[Edit: The title was supposed to read "Chances for Top-10 MD Schools," sorry :)] I have not made an MD Applicants Profile as of yet, but I'll show the information I would put in one now.

Hispanic Male
20 Years Old
Rising Junior
University of Florida Biochemistry and Mathematics Double Major
Cumulative GPA: 4.00
BCPM GPA: 4.00
Scores on a single (only really studied for PS) diagnostic Kaplan MCAT [Taken freshman year before I had finished the Biology Sequence and before I had even begun Organic Chemistry]: 14 PS, 12 VR, 8 BS [I think I can pull 14 PS, 12 VR, 12 BS based on some diagnostics I've done recently]

Extracurricular Activities:
-TA for large lecture General Chemistry II Class (2 semesters, 4 by the time of application)
Responsibilities include teaching a class of 30 students alone once per week, holding office hours once weekly, and grading quizzes/homework/inputting grades.
-Hospital Volunteer (2 years)
The usual hospital volunteering experience at the hospital associated with my undergraduate institution.
-Chemistry Club Member (1 year)
-Honors Organization Member (2 years)
-[Plan on adding leadership in a club as well as becoming a member of a public health committee in the community]
-Intramural Soccer Team Captain
-Intramural Ultimate Frisbee Team Captain
-UF Honor Court Assistant (2 years)
-Member of the Mathematics Association of America (MAA) UF Chapter- Competed on the 3-person UF Putnam Team Freshman and Sophomore Years (expected to be Team Captain next year)

Research:
-Accepted to UCSF's Summer Research Program (10 weeks)
Will be doing research on cellular pathways believed to be important for mediating the toxic effects of mutant huntingtin. Hoping for a publication.
-Will begin research in either Organic Synthesis or Neuroscience in the Fall (will definitely achieve at least one publication and most likely a first author by the time of applications)

Awards:
-National Merit Scholar
-Will apply (and have a good shot at earning) some Undergraduate Chemistry awards offered by the department for top chemistry students
-Applying for the Goldwater, NIH Undergraduate Scholar, and ACS Scholar awards
-3rd Chair All-State Alto Saxophonist in High School (plan on auditioning (and hopefully making!!) the Wind Symphony in the Fall)

Other:
-Strong Ties to El Salvador and usually spend my summers there volunteering in a free clinic with responsibilities such as speaking to patients in the waiting room and stocking the rooms at the beginning of the day (nothing too major in terms of medical know-how).
-Fluent in Spanish
-Shadowed a WUSTL Neurosurgeon for two weeks straight (nothing major)
-Shadowed a UF Oncologist off and on (also nothing major, but I can play both up, perhaps I should have made a clinical section?)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Math majors FTW. Your app looks good, but the top schools are hard to judge. I think if you do well on the MCAT, you'll get into some good schools. Also, do you have any shadowing experience?

Yeah, I just added them. You have a nice application yourself, congratulations. I added some more awards, shadowing, and extracurriculars that your MDapps profile reminded me to add.

Members don't see this ad :)
Beta cell, your application is developing very nicely and looks to be solid if it progresses as you project. However, it appears that you'll have only one year of research experience on your application if you plan to apply in a year. Publications will be helpful, but don't assume you'll get into a top-ten school. Be sure to include mid-selectivity schools as well. The shadowing looks OK, but if you have time, try to shadow a US primary care physician as well. And of course, do well on the MCAT.

My advice is to not count on practice exams too heavily when getting an idea of your actual MCAT score: most people score lower because programs like Kaplan pad your scores on their practice tests to give you more confidence when you go to take the test. I scored between 28 and 34 on AAMC tests and after a retake ended up with a 31...so tread lightly. Also factor in how well you do on standardized tests to begin with.

Assuming you get an MCAT score that is 35+ you have a great shot at a lot of great schools, and you also have URM status working in your favor...but you need more research and definitely more in-depth clinical experiences for top schools.

Thanks everybody.

@sarah: How much does URM status really count for? The only other standardized test I've ever taken was the SAT and I somehow managed to get a 2400 on it (after 3 tries, up from a 2320).

Thanks everybody.

@sarah: How much does URM status really count for? The only other standardized test I've ever taken was the SAT and I somehow managed to get a 2400 on it (after 3 tries, up from a 2320).

If you haven't gathered much from other posts on SDN, it counts for A LOT. Especially for Hispanic/African American minorities because they are so drastically underrepresented. And though I'm of the old school SAT generation (out of 1600) it looks like you don't have to worry about test day jitters. Don't use this as a "get out of jail free" card though - you have to earn your keep and keep going on the path you're on.

I've never really been nervous going into exams that I feel I'm prepared for (I'll be studying my behind off for this one). You're right, I don't think the jitters will be a problem for me, but I also don't think for a second that having earned a 2400 in the past will guarantee a 40+ which I am desperately trying to achieve.

It's also surprising that URM status actually helps for Medical School Admissions. I guess I can understand it, though, as I haven't seen many hispanic or black doctors at all.

@Mobius: I certainly don't think I'm guaranteed a spot at a top 10 school, but I would very much like one :). I guess if I'm lucky, I could pawn it off as 3 semesters of research by the time of the application.

Thanks for the great advice!

Last edited:
Always like to see a fellow National Merit scholar :)

Don't list intramural sports captain, rather Hobby: Sport, play intramural and was captain etc...

Everyone plays intramural, well not everyone but..., but making it a hobby is at least a bit more unique, assuming it is a hobby of yours.

Yeah, I listed it as a hobby on awards applications. I was actually recruited by a D2 school (Newberry) for soccer, but I knew that I wasn't good enough to make it past starting for the team my last two years so I decided to just play it for fun and focus on academics.

Ok, I just added an Mdapps.com profile. Feel free to edit and help me to cut down a few schools from my list, thanks!

-

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
@atomi: I'd rather aim high than strive for mediocrity, though.

Ok, I just added an Mdapps.com profile. Feel free to edit and help me to cut down a few schools from my list, thanks!

You don't need a school list yet, that's better sorted out after you have an MCAT score. But it's good that you are aiming high. Best of luck.

@atomi: I'd rather aim high than strive for mediocrity, though.

I agree with atomi. Med school is much more specialized than general undergraduate studies. If you are pretty sure you are going to practice clinical medicine - judging by your the nature of your posts and EC's, then you should be looking at the top-10 clinical schools list (which exist for a reason).

Trying to get into a top-10 research school for clinical medicine to prove your academic prowess is ... misguided and not advisable, especially when you consider how poorly some of these schools are in clinical medicine (*cough* stanford)

in a year...i'm predicting the OP will attend Harvard Med, a URM with a 4.0 and assuming a 38MCAT...come on...

there was a URM this application cycle with a 3.8 GPA and 34 MCAT and was admitted into HARVARD

I'm looking to go into Neurosurgery and POSSIBLY pick up a PhD. I'm definitely looking for Neurosurgery though. I don't want to be an internist really. Also, you really learn most of your clinical skills in residency, and top schools (ranked by research) are the schools that match students to the best residency programs. JHU and HMS match to MGH and JHH non-stop (not that I think I'll be going to one of those schools, though it can't hurt to dream).

@ksmi: I just added the schools for a rough list as I had never made one until now. I think the list has 29 schools at the moment, so I really need to trim it down. It's just preliminary and mainly for fun. You are right though, this list will shift depending on my MCAT score.

Last edited:
I'm looking to go into Neurosurgery and POSSIBLY pick up a PhD. I'm definitely looking for Neurosurgery though. I don't want to be an internist really. Also, you really learn most of your clinical skills in residency, and top schools (ranked by research) are the schools that match students to the best residency programs. JHU and HMS match to MGH and JHH non-stop (not that I think I'll be going to one of those schools, though it can't hurt to dream).

@ksmi: I just added the schools for a rough list as I had never made one until now. I think the list has 29 schools at the moment, so I really need to trim it down. It's just preliminary and mainly for fun. You are right though, this list will shift depending on my MCAT score.

If you work your ass off in med school you will be well-poised to get into the residency of your choice. Going to JHU is not going to make it so you can work less hard for the same effect.

Right, I agree. I'm not working so hard in undergrad to get into the best medical school I can to slack off for four years. The fact remains that if you look at the match lists from Harvard, Hopkins, Penn, WUSTL, and UCSF and compare them to UF, UAB, and other state schools/schools ranked lower, as a whole, the first five will always come out on top. Going to a top school, for me, isn't a matter of minimizing work it's a matter of maximizing success potential in terms of residency, future position (possibly academic medicine?), and so on. I will not, however, make the argument that you get a better education at Harvard than say UF because I don't really believe there is much difference among schools in terms of the curriculum. The real hands-on learning seems to come from residency, anyway.

The bottom-line is that the name of your medical school institution is present on your CV for all future employers, including your residency 'employers,' and patients to see.

Could someone go to UF and get matched into a MGH residency? Absolutely, I'm sure it happens frequently. Would it be several magnitudes easier for the same person to be matched to MGH from Harvard, all other things equal? According to the match lists, a resounding yes.

why would you want to go into neurosurgery? good-bye marriage and good-bye social life.

Right, I agree. I'm not working so hard in undergrad to get into the best medical school I can to slack off for four years. The fact remains that if you look at the match lists from Harvard, Hopkins, Penn, WUSTL, and UCSF and compare them to UF, UAB, and other state schools/schools ranked lower, as a whole, the first five will always come out on top. Going to a top school, for me, isn't a matter of minimizing work it's a matter of maximizing success potential in terms of residency, future position (possibly academic medicine?), and so on. I will not, however, make the argument that you get a better education at Harvard than say UF because I don't really believe there is much difference among schools in terms of the curriculum. The real hands-on learning seems to come from residency, anyway.

The bottom-line is that the name of your medical school institution is present on your CV for all future employers, including your residency 'employers,' and patients to see.

Could someone go to UF and get matched into a MGH residency? Absolutely, I'm sure it happens frequently. Would it be several magnitudes easier for the same person to be matched to MGH from Harvard, all other things equal? According to the match lists, a resounding yes.

Yes, but not because of the school's prestige or quality. It's because you're the inside man. Further, remember that the people who get into Harvard tend to have higher MCAT scores, betters ECS, and rocking GPAs than schools that are less competitive. You would expect that these people to, on average, perform better in residencies.

That being said, as long as you aren't a tool in your essays or interviews I would gamble on you getting into a top 10 research school, even with your average research experience. Ultimately, there's really no way to know for sure that you will want to do primary care or academic medicine. Unless you get a great merit scholarship (which you probably will from somewhere, assuming good MCAT), there's no real reason not to go to a school best affiliated with the part of the country (and hospitals) you want to live in. I really am of the belief that research and clinical experiences are available at all medical schools, and ultimately your success is your own (just like it was here in undergrad), not your schools. All of the fellows and residents that I have met at Mayo and some of Harvard's hospitals have been pretty firm about that (and they were pretty diverse in terms of US News ranking medical schools).

I turned some great schools down for UF because I knew that the undergraduate institution I attended did not matter. As long as your undergraduate school has the opportunities (which UF certainly does), then it's up to you where you end up.

I tend to disagree for medical school, though I do agree that probably all MD schools offer the same types of opportunities. People I have been speaking with recently have been telling me stories of their surgeries and procedures they have had after I've told them how dead-set on medicine I am. The majority of the people seem to open with "My surgeon went to [Insert a Top MD School], he/she was fantastic." Patients look at your Medical School and seem to associate intelligence/medical competence with the Medical School you attended. It's undeniable for me that the Medical School you attend is important. I'm not trying to be some sort of a prestige-hound simply to just have a pretty degree. I want every possible door open to me.

It seems like the argument I'm trying to put forth makes it hard not to sound superficial, but at least I think I am not being superficial.

@lakers: Becoming a neurosurgeon has always been a life-long goal of mine. It seems as close to a modern-day miracle as I can imagine. Neurosurgeons operate on the body's operating system (whether it be the spine or the brain).

Last edited:
I turned some great schools down for UF because I knew that the undergraduate institution I attended did not matter. As long as your undergraduate school has the opportunities (which UF certainly does), then it's up to you where you end up.

I tend to disagree for medical school, though I do agree that probably all MD schools offer the same types of opportunities. People I have been speaking with recently have been telling me stories of their surgeries and procedures they have had after I've told them how dead-set on medicine I am. The majority of the people seem to open with "My surgeon went to [Insert a Top MD School], he/she was fantastic." Patients look at your Medical School and seem to associate intelligence/medical competence with the Medical School you attended. It's undeniable for me that the Medical School you attend is important. I'm not trying to be some sort of a prestige-hound simply to just have a pretty degree. I want every possible door open to me.

It seems like the argument I'm trying to put forth makes it hard not to sound superficial, but at least I think I am not being superficial.

@lakers: Becoming a neurosurgeon has always been a life-long goal of mine. It seems as close to a modern-day miracle as I can imagine. Neurosurgeons operate on the body's operating system (whether it be the spine or the brain).

Ask a patient if they would rather be treated by a doctor from WashU or Dartmouth and then you will see the value of a layman's opinion. Unless you are going to go into private practice, it is the HOSPITAL'S opinion of your quality that will matter. A doctor that has a high mortality rate is not going to be desirable, Harvard or not.

Noting is going to be closed because you went to a state school. If you had the potential to get into Harvard med but go to a stae school for free, then in all likelihood you will end up in the same residency you would have if you had gone to harvard but you will just owe a lot less money. And as a neurosurgeon I dont think you will be competing for laypeople and have to show off your degree to impress them plus you dont have to go to the best residency in the US to become a good neurosurgeon.

Anecdotal sidenote: My PCP went to Ross U and he is the best PCP I have ever enountered and makes a ton of money because of his rep.

Eh, I think you have not talked to very many patients if this is what you believe - patients for the most part have no freaking idea where a surgeon or other type physician went to med school.

If you are in the market for a surgeon, you will ask for opinions about surgical skill, experience with the procedure, bedside manner, reputation in the medical community, etc., and not "where did he go to med school?" Same is true for picking your primary care doc, all docs for that matter.

Oh, and undergrad institution can matter, especially if you are aiming for a "Top 10" med school. I don't think it matters a ton, but it does help...

Does going to a famous school help a lot for you to match into the specialty of your choice?

I interviewed for the Junior Honors Medical Program and UF does seem to do fairly well for getting people simply into neurosurgery. I want to do neurosurgery (and this applies to any specialty) at a place like MGH and to get a residency in a place like that, you either need to come from Harvard or have another big name behind you, it seems (UF's match list showed no MGHers/BWers/Boston Children's, etc). The match lists are scattered around SDN somewhere and there is just a big difference between say a UCLA match list and a UAB match list (though UAB is actually pretty darn good).

Also, in case anyone is interested, the Junior Honors Medical Program at UF (JHMP) accepts 12 students per year without the requirement of the MCAT and is essentially a combined 7 year BS/MD program that you apply for at the end of your sophomore year. The GPA average of admitted students is 3.94 and if I remember correctly a 1469 SAT (which is what they use in place of the MCAT). It's pretty cool, you get out one year early, no MCATs necessary, and anyone can apply (they have some Duke, Northwestern, etc undergraduates in there).

You might want to take a look at the Uncle Harvey forums if you are interested in neurosurg. You might be surprised to see where the top programs actually are. They're not necessarily at the top medical schools or hospitals.

You might want to take a look at the Uncle Harvey forums if you are interested in neurosurg. You might be surprised to see where the top programs actually are. They're not necessarily at the top medical schools or hospitals.

Yeah, I was about to say something about that. I'm not entirely sure how good mass-gen is for neurosurg. According the USNews its 3rd, so I guess Mayo is where you want to go OP. The rankings are for neurology and neurosurgery though...

And once again OP I just want to echo that a big chunk of the best students go to the best schools. While there is room for upward and downward trends, the best tend to stay the best and thus get the competitive spots. I mean, that's why they were selected after all. Granted, top scorers doesn't necessarily mean best clinicians, but we are dealing in research rankings and it seems like a lot of students that go to these schools end up in academia.

Last edited:

I know MGH is very good and I really like the Boston Area, it would be my best fit (in terms of location) dream residency hospital. I'm not too interested in living in Minnesota but if that's where I was matched, I'd gladly go for a Neurosurgery residency.

Yeah, I was about to say something about that. I'm not entirely sure how good mass-gen is for neurosurg. According the USNews its 3rd, so I guess Mayo is where you want to go OP. The rankings are for neurology and neurosurgery though...

And once again OP I just want to echo that a big chunk of the best students go to the best schools. While there is room for upward and downward trends, the best tend to stay the best and thus get the competitive spots. I mean, that's why they were selected after all. Granted, top scorers doesn't necessarily mean best clinicians, but we are dealing in research rankings and it seems like a lot of students that go to these schools end up in academia.

You're right, I absolutely agree. My whole goal is to try to do everything I can to become one of those "best students." I've never seen the statistics on the proportion of students from top ranked schools who end up in academic medicine, so I can't really comment on that. I don't think academic medicine constitutes a loss at all either, though.

I know MGH is very good and I really like the Boston Area, it would be my best fit (in terms of location) dream residency hospital. I'm not too interested in living in Minnesota but if that's where I was matched, I'd gladly go for a Neurosurgery residency.

You're right, I absolutely agree. My whole goal is to try to do everything I can to become one of those "best students." I've never seen the statistics on the proportion of students from top ranked schools who end up in academic medicine, so I can't really comment on that. I don't think academic medicine constitutes a loss at all either, though.

But the thing is, whether you go to Harvard or some other school on full scholarship, you're still going to be one of the best students. It isn't the school that makes you so, its your innate talents and drive.

A little bit of help from the Harvard name never hurt anyone either.

You really need to learn more about the programs before you make these type of decisions. MGH is definitely a great hospital, but you might not want to work there once you get to know the culture. You're going to want to find out a number of things when you decide on programs, including how often you get to operate in PGY 1-4, how much research you have to do, how much a chief resident gets to do, etc. You could do worse than a place like the Brigham where traditionally residents get to operate a lot, and there are obscure programs in places like Arizona (BNI) that are top neurosurgery programs. Anyways, you're way way way ahead of yourself.

Not a bad idea to plan these things out to some degree, but I'd take things one step at a time. Get into medical school, get good research and exposure to neurosurgery, and if you still want to do it come the end of 3rd year, do aways at a variety of top programs and that will be your best opportunity to see how the programs compare to each other. You'll see right away how much residents get to do and what their responsibilities and workload are like, as well as build relationships that are necessary for matching into top program. It's good that you have an idea of what you want to do before med school, because it lets you get all your ducks in a row, but don't get ahead of yourself.

shouldnt the OP get into medical school before he starts thinking about residency options?

@Chubby: Believe me, medical admissions are top priority right now. I was just saying that top schools usually lead to better matches. I'm not overlooking the fact that I'm not into medical school, I want in bad.

@Chubby: Believe me, medical admissions are top priority right now. I was just saying that top schools usually lead to better matches. I'm not overlooking the fact that I'm not into medical school, I want in bad.
I know...I was more referring to DrizzTs previous post, but whatever you decide..I think if you pull out a 36+ mcat...a number of top 20s will take you and possibly a top 10 or 2.

Although, I would urge you to be a little more open about residency more options...especially if asked in an interview.

Last edited:
A little bit of help from the Harvard name never hurt anyone either.

Here's a MCAT tip, avoid the extremes. Being the "Harvard Guy" has both positive and negative connotations. I have a good doctor friend at Mayo clinic who has quite a dislike for Harvardians, and its pretty obvious he's not alone. Be it jealousy or for a more valid reason like a dislike for the air of superiority (real or not), to come come from the best isn't always a good thing. That being said, I would agree that in most cases, coming from Harvard will not hurt you, and will definitely impress a lot of people. It's kind of frustrating. Back when I was considering Pitt and WashU, people would nod and smile when they asked where I was going to med school. I could see in their eyes that they assumed that they weren't good medical schools because they weren't attached to famous universities. Now that I'm going to Columbia, I get oohs and ahs at every corner. Is it ego-gratifying? Absolutely, but its also annoying that such good schools don't get their just desserts.

WUSTL is 12th on the USNWR ranks, though you may be right that people may not have heard of it. Harvard is my dream school but I don't consider myself a "Harvard guy" nor would I think I was better than anyone simply because I had a degree from Harvard. You're right, coming from UF and having no reason to be arrogant or have an air of superiority, I think I can semi-objectively conclude that the doctor friend has at least some bit of jealousy factoring into his dislike for HMS doctors (I see some of that in professors I've had and students).

I'd happily take any top 10 acceptance on a more serious note (which I'm praying will happen).

WUSTL is 12th on the USNWR ranks, though you may be right that people may not have heard of it. Harvard is my dream school but I don't consider myself a "Harvard guy" nor would I think I was better than anyone simply because I had a degree from Harvard. You're right, coming from UF and having no reason to be arrogant or have an air of superiority, I think I can semi-objectively conclude that the doctor friend has at least some bit of jealousy factoring into his dislike for HMS doctors.

I'd happily take any top 10 acceptance on a more serious note (which I'm praying will happen).

It is not a matter of being a Harvard guy, its a matter of being perceived as one. And my doctor friend is a JH grad, so I don't think he has too much jealousy of Harvard grads, more likely contempt for what he perceives as a general air (aire?) of superiority.

WUSTL is 12th on the USNWR ranks, though you may be right that people may not have heard of it. Harvard is my dream school but I don't consider myself a "Harvard guy" nor would I think I was better than anyone simply because I had a degree from Harvard. You're right, coming from UF and having no reason to be arrogant or have an air of superiority, I think I can semi-objectively conclude that the doctor friend has at least some sort bit of jealousy factoring into his dislike for HMS doctors.

Are you talking about the neurosurgery program?

You should really take a look at the UH forums.

http://uncleharvey.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/827/ may be of use.

It has a pretty good discussion and lots of resident opinions about conditions, operative experience, etc.

I think consensus is that the top tier seem to be ~ MGH, BNI, UCSF, Mayo, Hopkins, Pittsburgh, Brigham, Wash U, Duke, Columbia, but you can read the thread and see what you think.

BTW, I hope you like working :)

Are you talking about the neurosurgery program?

You should really take a look at the UH forums.

http://uncleharvey.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/827/ may be of use.

It has a pretty good discussion and lots of resident opinions about conditions, operative experience, etc.

I think consensus is that the top tier seem to be ~ MGH, BNI, UCSF, Mayo, Hopkins, Pittsburgh, Brigham, Wash U, Duke, Columbia, but you can read the thread and see what you think.

BTW, I hope you like working :)

I think he meant that in terms of University rankings.

I think he meant that in terms of University rankings.

Well WUSTL is ranked #3 in the US News rankings for med schools so I was thinking that wasn't what he was referring to...

USNWR Top Colleges Ranks WUSTL 12th (Not the Medical School Rankings, the Undergraduate Rankings). mmmcdowe meant University as in Undergraduate

USNWR Top Colleges Ranks WUSTL 12th (Not the Medical School Rankings, the Undergraduate Rankings). mmmcdowe meant University as in Undergraduate

ah, ok. I haven't thought about undergrad rankings in awhile haha. My alma mater is only 4th this year :(

Back when I was considering Pitt and WashU, people would nod and smile when they asked where I was going to med school. I could see in their eyes that they assumed that they weren't good medical schools because they weren't attached to famous universities. Now that I'm going to Columbia, I get oohs and ahs at every corner. Is it ego-gratifying? Absolutely, but its also annoying that such good schools don't get their just desserts.

Haha, when I was at Hopkins, most people I talked to had no clue what/where it was (unless they were fans of House) because it's not too well known outside of medicine. Now that I go to University of Pennsylvania, most people confuse it with Penn State and congratulate me on the success of my football team, lol. Go Panthers? Even when I say "No, it's different from Penn state, it's a private school in Philly", they don't realize what I'm talking about unless I bring up Wharton, and then they go "Ohhh, you go to business school!" D'oh.

I don't know why Penn is not known well. Everybody knows Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Cornell, Brown, and Columbia but no one seems to know Penn or Dartmouth too well (especially Penn).

I'd gladly take a Penn acceptance even with all the explaining you have to do! Anyone at Penn selling their seat? :laugh:

Haha, when I was at Hopkins, most people I talked to had no clue what/where it was (unless they were fans of House) because it's not too well known outside of medicine. Now that I go to University of Pennsylvania, most people confuse it with Penn State and congratulate me on the success of my football team, lol. Go Panthers? Even when I say "No, it's different from Penn state, it's a private school in Philly", they don't realize what I'm talking about unless I bring up Wharton, and then they go "Ohhh, you go to business school!" D'oh.

Wow really? I that shocks me. I thought EVERYONE knew about Johns Hopkins.... Shows what I know.

with all this Harvard talk, I thought I would put in a quiet plug for Yale Med.

ok, I haven't started school yet, so I'm not a reliable source. but it sure seems like a great place to learn medicine.