Chances/Depresssed.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopfeful

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My stats,

gpa breakdown:

non-sci gpa for last 2 years: 3.66.
sci-gpa for last 2 years: 3.57
cum gpa for last 2 years: 3.59

non-sci gpa for last 3 years: 3.8.
sci-gpa for last 3 years: 3.61
cum-gpa for last 3 years: 3.769

cum non-science gpa: 3.75.
cum-sci gpa: 3.5.
cum-gpa: 3.57.

Any suggestions would be helpful. What MCAT score would I need to have a reasonable chance of admittance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How much longer do you have before you apply to medicial school? When are you taking the MCAT? Are there any other pre requisites you have to take? Even if that is your final GPA, I would say you are in good shape if you get a pretty solid-high MCAT. I mean obviously higher tier schools would more than likely be out of the question. What EC's do you have? GPA alone isn't a good enough indicator. Given the GPA you have above, a really good MCAT and a good overall application would put you in good shape I would think.

Reactions: 1 user
Your GPA is fine as long as you get a decent MCAT score. Not anything to be depressed about.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
what do you mean try again? have you already applied once?

regardless, you should either work or do a small, preferably cheap masters related to health or biology and take your MCAT before applying to MD and DO schools with an overall emphasis on the DO schools.

Reactions: 1 user
I have never applied; I graduate in may. I have plenty of ECs(hospital volunteering/research). I have worked consistently 20 hrs a week for the last 3 years.

Take a gap year. Does the soul good. Opened up a ton of doors for me in work and research. Also nice to put a little money away and just enjoy yourself. A gap year is basically the norm these days as the average age of most any med school is 24-25. Keep your chin up.

Reactions: 1 users