Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am wondering on what my chances would be for podiatry school acceptance, focusing on NYCPM mostly, but if you have any insights on the other schools it is more than welcome. Here are some of my stats:
GPA -> 3.39/4.00 // Science-> 3.02/4.00
Practice MCAT-> 489 (i know this is bad, hope to raise it as close to 500 that I can, I'm terrible at standardized testing)
-I am currently in the honors college and have taken all the honors courses and will be defending my thesis next year (my senior year), however I won't be graduating in the Honors College because i fall .1 points short of the GPA minimum.
-I have shadowed a podiatrist office with multiple podiatrists for about 2 years, working as a medical assistant as well as learning the administrative side of healthcare, I am also the head of the Medical Records Dept. at that practice.
-I have done clinical shadowing in one of the best clinics in Peru, shadowing a cardiologist and a traumatologist, as well as time spent in the ER. (this was done over a very short period of time.
-I am my class president, and have won awards for leadership quality and am part of many honor societies.
-I have done charity work in a small orphanage in Peru, that I help to organize from here in the states.
- NYCPM knows my face, have been to their open house, have talked to them many times, and I hopefully will be attending their internship.

Thank you so much! I know its long but I am very apprehensive about applying in August for the Fall 2020 admission.

If they already have met you, I would certainly hope you would have a good shot. I would talk with the students you met about your concerns, but on face value all looks pretty good.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.